Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

KungFu Grip posted:

That Tai Pei Death Match Ian and Axel had was pretty terrible and hard to watch on multiple levels.

Yes the only garbage wrestling ECW produced that was as bad as CZW or IWA included the owner of IWA and his brother.

Also, New Jack was CZW before CZW was cool. But he was charismatic and crazy enough to be talentless.

The Sabu vs Terry Funk match was epic in its gut churning violence... But it was a decent match, seeing as it was Terry loving Funk and Sabu, not Sexxy Eddy vs Deranged. The same goes for the Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk flaming branding iron incident. Even though the spectacle pushed the limits of acceptability, there was a bit more going on than just "Watch fat guy get set on fire... huh huh huh cool."

GOP fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Wazzu posted:

However, CZW was allegedly decent-good in 2005, due to a different (competent) booker, a WAAAY better talent pool (first outside exposure of IWS, PWG guys) and probably less deathmatches.

Kingston vs Hero was a awesome. Team Masturbation, Kings of Wrestling, BlKOUT, Super Dragon... Decent stuff.

GOP fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 4, 2009

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
who'll face Raven for the Vanguard Wrestling Heavyweight Championship?

I hope its not KROTCH - the black metal juggalo.

http://www.vcw-wrestling.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=83

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Axissillian posted:

I would decry Married with Children as being juvenile sexist garbage meant to appeal to the sense of humor and intellect of the lowest common denominator of American Society but then I realized this is a forum discussing Pro Wrestling

It appears that way, but underneath its a pretty good satire on the average American family. It's a hell of a lot more honest and funny than the Simpsons or any other show of its type. (I'm too young to remember All In The Family)

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

apsouthern posted:

RVD

Was a heel in ECW for a long while. But 'heel' and 'face' didn't mean all that much in ECW.

He turned on Dreamer, joined Jerry The King Lawler and started calling himself Mr. Monday Night. This was because he started appearing on WWF in 1997 while under contract with ECW, it was part of an angle where RVD started saying he was too good for ECW.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

FishBulb posted:

Kane had the title for 1 night, I don't really know about Show. But neither of them NEED the title to be over

I disagree. Kane needs a world heavyweight championship reign more than anyone on the roster.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Uncle Ulty posted:

Is Zack Ryder the same person as this JR Ryder in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoWGiEMLWTY

It's hard to get a good view of his face, but for some reason when Zack Ryder had long hair as part of the Major Brothers, I thought it was the same guy.

JR Ryder... Didn't he invent the between the legs slam dunk?

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Rockfish posted:

Oh and contrary to popular belief, Jake did NOT invent the dirty sanchez, though he was among the first to use it as a finisher, and his execution was admirable

Yes, but Owen Hart was the first wrestler to use Voltaire's Angry Glove.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Voltaire%27s%20Angry%20Glove

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I can feel Russo's pain. In my creative endeavors I've always benefited from having a voice of reason shoot down anything I come up with that goes too far... With someone telling me when to reel it in, I hate to toot my own horn, but I'm capable of some pretty good poo poo.

You never give Syd Barrett the ball without Roger Waters to reel him in.

That said, Russo's problem was that, in TNA, Russo just ran out of new ideas. I'd argue that even some of his late WCW ideas could of worked if there was a god figure to keep his ego in check and the ego's of the performers involved.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Hockles posted:

How does WeaselWeaz know everything about everything?

He's the mole.

He suggested the poster for No Mercy 2007 to their heads of marketing.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
ignore.

Beaten.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Does anyone remember a wrestling spin-off on the Nickleodian channel?

It was Schiavone and Ventura commentating kids remote controlled car races? It lasted all of one week, there was a pilot then it was never spoken of again.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Whatever happened to the Randy Orton Man Love Center?

Wrestlehut, do you falter in your worship of the Son of Man? Do you no longer appreciate the beauty of bag-making GBS threads-oval office-doves? Where do your spiritual allegiances lie?

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Orton is so 2006. We worship Batista now.

Gross.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Veg posted:

I dream of John Morrison kissing Randy Orton every day and sometimes if I'm lucky I get to massage myself to it :shlick:

You are a woman and therefor that is gay.

It is widely known that Randy Orton is the only man, another straight man can blow, and then become straighter, and more manly because of it.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Veg posted:

I'm mostly a man

edit: GBS gimmick posting in wrestlehut.

So do you prefer pie or strudel?

GOP fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Feb 3, 2010

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
After RAW went live, it's been taped a few times. Why was it ever taped?

Especially want to know why the episode where Foley won the belt was taped.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

MassRayPer posted:

No, it was a full length NOAH main event. You might be thinking of when Morishima defended the ROH title in the Budokan against KENTA in like, 9 minutes.

That match was brutal and fast paced enough to understand, they couldn't go any longer.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8puo_hulk-hogan-sleeper-on-richard-belze

What's the deal with this incident? Why the gently caress did Hulk Hogan and Mr. T assault Richard Belzer? Anyone know the story behind the clear animosity between Belzer and The Big Orange Goblin?

Jesus, these people are idiots.

GOP fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 10, 2010

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Moose Bigelow posted:

He has a black belt in Soon Yi.

Not surprising. He's been training Soon Yi for the past 30 years.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Hunter is on steroids. Vince is on Steroids. Batista is on Steroids. Rey is on Steroids. Hogan is on Steroids. Cena (hate to say it) is probably on steroids.

Angle may or may not be on Steroids.

Steiner once told a story about Vince asking him to take a steroid test, Steiner said "Sure, if you and Hunter come with me." There was never another mention of Steiner taking a steroid test, but, alas he didn't last long within the WWE.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Is that who I think it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Timby posted:

It ... kind of looks like Francine.

Probably is.

I'm not a playa I just gently caress a lot.