Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

On Smackdown this week, Kane cut an awesome promo during which he said the Undertaker was responsible for unmasking him.

I know this is sort of a retcon, but it was accompanied by footage of Taker holding Kane's mask and Kane backing off down the ramp with his face in his hands.

Would someone be able to give a quick rundown of which of the many convoluted plotlines of Kane have been glued together here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Horse Pepsi posted:

Coming up from behind in third place is being effeminate or gay :smith:

:downsrim:

Insulting the audience's sports affiliation or patriotism is one sort of cheap heat, but I don't think the crowd will necessarily turn on anyone foreign simply due to their nationality. Plenty have managed to be faces and stay over.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Web Jew.0 posted:

e: I thought I'd mention Jericho calling himself ''best wrestler in the world'' but his catchphrase is actually ''best in the world at what I do'' lol

He never mentions what "it" is that he does so well. That's why it's true.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

I want the Stunner to be the mystery GM just so Stone Cold can replace Michael Cole as the GM's spokesman.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

Whenever Regal has a substantial match (once every 3 years or so) he busts out a modified Exploder and I think I've seen a Half Nelson Suplex too

The Regalplex is a thing of beauty. I remember everyone here thinking Randy Orton had just been murdered but no, not a scratch.

I think Vince just has a thing against suplexes in general, since the preferred terminology (when Vince is paying attention to the commentary) seems to be "throw" these days.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

El Axo Grande posted:

I always thought the rules were that if someone eliminated you, they took your place

The last couple of times they had a Beat the Clock on Smackdown, both participants in the match were eligible to win the challenge.

The last couple of times they had a Beat the Clock on Raw, only the main-eventers were eligible to win the challenge, and it was loving stupid.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

oldskool posted:

Fall itself is short for "pinfall". Clearly that's not the only way to win so scheduling matches for "one fall" seems sort of weirdly specific.

The "two out of three falls" match was a lot more common in ye olde days, and in fact was the default in some territories.

Unless I'm hugely mistaken, getting yourself disqualified or counted out only lost you "one fall". It's the same for Iron Man matches.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

2. Glory by Honor VI Night 1 in 2007 in Philadelphia. The first night of Misawa weekend. The main event is Misawa & KENTA vs. Morishima & Marufuji. The match goes on for awhile, but it doesn't feel like it had been. That is, until Misawa starts setting Morishima up for what looks like a big move on the top rope...and GLF, Timekeeper Extraordinaire, screams "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!!!!!!!" and they're forced to end the match with Morishima on top and everyone looking like an idiot because of that fat spergy gently caress.

If he'd ended up in the hospital later that night with injuries seemingly consistent with being Tiger Drivered senseless, I bet there would have mysteriously been no witnesses.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

I remember the last one as part of a feud involving Khali, I want to say it was with John Cena. Something about Cena making Khali tap out in the STFU, but the decision was later reversed or some such because Khali's leg was under the ropes. You know, because he's tall.

Can't remember the match, though. tell me, magic TPP-ball, which match was it?

I think you're thinking of Judgment Day 2007.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Sepaking of which, has anyone backstage ever commented on how loudly Cena calls spots?

It's been so blatant that even Michael Cole has explained it away as "Cena's talking to himself!?" once or twice.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

When was the last time John Cena won a match with an uninterrupted "five moves of doom" sequence?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Was this around the time they were building up Cena vs Rock? Cause Stephanie had the idea of "Team Cena" and "Team Rock", to play off of the Twilight marketing hype

Wasn't the whole "Team Hell No" and "Team Rhodes Scholars" stuff was Steph trying to jump on the "Team Edward" and "Team Whoever" bandwagon.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

I know we like to say that Vince is a senile and capricious megalomaniac, but I think it's pretty clear that Bogner was pushing it a bit, and Ryder wasn't even trying.

Oh, well, it's not like anything of value was lost.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

triplexpac posted:

he was pegged to be a big thing.

The best puns are the ones so subtle almost no-one notices.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Someone with a Network subscription find this in HD. TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

magnum_valentino posted:

Why have "Team" on there at all?

Stephanie wanted in on the Team Edward/Team Jacob bandwagon.