Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Realistically, less than $100 a show.

More like $25 and some free food from the concession stand.

Spike's got a wrestling school and I hear he's a great teacher. Dude's surprisingly a draw for local indies. He drew more (and cost much less) than motherfucking Jimmy Snuka!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

BlueArmyMan posted:

Wasn't Danielson part of a team for Young Lions Cup in Chikara that was Team ArmDrag, though?

That was team Uppercut, in the Chikara King of Trios.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

oldpainless posted:

Its weird because Owen never apologizing goes against everything I've heard about what kind of person Owen was. Everyone always said he was nice and kind and a great person. I've never heard a bad word about him except for Austin.

And how the gently caress do you break someone's neck and not apologize?

Most people are afraid to speak ill of the dead, especially someone who died in a crazy accident like him.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Manwithastick posted:

Another question (I know so soon) but does anybody have stories/vids of the 10 bell remembrance ever being disrespected? I just saw it happen at CZW and it was very interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BGPQZeXa4U

They had one for Misawa at a ROH show, and some rear end in a top hat tried to start a chant during it. Pissed off a lot of people.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

RoleModel posted:

What was the chant? I'm guessing either "boring" or "THIS IS AWESOME *clap clap clap clap clap*"

I don't even remember. I just remember standing there fuming with rage after hearing some dude up in the balcony trying to start something. It didn't last long thankfully, someone near him probably threatened him or something. My guess is that it was the same guy that tried to start an "overrated" chant during Danielson's match.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Okay, this has been bugging the gently caress out of me. I was listening to Lupe Fiasco's Dumb it Down and the little tune in the background sounds incredibly familiar. For some reason I'm convinced it was part of someone's theme music. Google isn't helping. Any of you know if it's actually someone's theme or am I just crazy?

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Astro7x posted:

So I've been watching the entire Monday Night Wars from start to finish, every Raw, Nitro and PPV. I have gotten up to November 1997 with the begining of the Light Heavyweight Championship Tournament

Can somebody tell me how the hell their division ended up just being Taka and Brian Christopher?

You have Aguila/Essa Rios, Super Crazy, Taka, Crowbar, Jerry Lynn and Brian Christopher in a title tournament, but then a lot of those guys immediately fall off the radar right after this.

I'm pretty sure they booked Lynn without telling him and that pissed him off. He ma have been with WCW at the time too

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Dr. Dirt posted:

Something that occurred at the Melbourne City Wrestling show last night has made me wonder: If you were/are a friend of a wrestler, and they turn heel, do you continue cheering them because they've your friend? Or do you boo them, playing along with the intent of the show?

I'm good friends with a wrestler who's heel 90% of the time. I boo the ever loving poo poo out of him.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

MrBling posted:

Why did Pinkie stop getting booked in Chikara btw?

Smoking too much pot during the shows

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

triplexpac posted:

In some ways it was a more exciting time, when you could read these crazy rumour sites and kind of believe it.

I wonder if kids today have their own lovely newz sites, where they read stuff like "CENA TO GO TO TNA???" and think it's for real.

A kid I work with swears CM Punk actually drinks and the straight edge stuff is a work because the ref at a local indy fed told her so.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Rarity posted:

Hey Hulkamatt why do we never get the cool wrestler Q&As :mad:

:10bux: is why

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

John Cena posted:

They have TV?

They had a show on public access back in the day, don't know if they still do

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Nick_326 posted:

Saw this while at the food store:

http://newjerseyhills.com/echoes-se...1a4bcf887a.html

I've never been to a live wrestling thing of any kind. Should I go? If I do, what can I expect?

This company is run by a bunch of scumbags. Please don't give them any money.

edit: Atomic Dog is pretty cool, but not worth $20 to see

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Golden Bee posted:

What're the most pleasant sounding finishers?

There's nothing to fear from a Moonlight Drive or Greetings from Ashbury Park.

I take it you've never been to Asbury Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Bigass Moth posted:

Can I get some context on this from the closed WWE thread?

Trevor Murdoch -- 3/17/08: Seventeen On Two Handicap Elimination: John Cena & Randy Orton defeat Brian Kendrick, Carlito, Charlie Haas, Cody Rhodes, DH Smith, Hardcore Holly, Jim Duggan, John Bradshaw Layfield, Lance Cade, Paul Burchill, Robbie, Santino Marella, Snitsky, Super Crazy, Trevor Murdoch, Umaga & Val Venis by DQ (8:35) [RAW]

How did Cena/Orton beat 17 guys, that's worse than the WCW Hogan/Savage deal.

Now I miss Trevor Murdoch again