Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Seams posted:

There's an unsourced statement on the WarGames wiki that it was invented for the Four Horseman, yet they seemed to have lost just about every WarGames match they were ever in. Is there any other good example of an individual or tag-team being utterly incompetent at their own specialty match?

Eric Bischoff never won an Elimination Chamber in his life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

So here's something I was thinking about: What wrestlers, as champions, would carry/wear their belts in ways other than around their waists or on their shoulders? Or just in unconventional ways? Here's what I have, just from memory:

The Rock and Stone Cold dangling the belt by its strap
Umaga's mouth-belt
Johnny Nitro's dick-belt
Big Show and John Cena combining multiple belts and draping them over their necks
Samoa Joe wearing the X-Division title around his neck
RVD wearing the ECW and WWE belts at the same time
That one Ultimo Dragon picture

What else am I missing?

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Luke Harper carrying the title like a burlap sack or dragging it across the ground

I knew I remembered someone slinging it over their back, for some reason I thought it was the Rock until video evidence proved otherwise

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Ziegler had the butt belt didn't he?

I have no idea how I forgot this one

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Valentin posted:

1. I've been watching Botchamania a lot because it's easy to throw on while I do the dishes or similar. It has that recurring thing where it highlights places where WWE's mics pick up wrestlers calling things in the ring (e.g. during the extremely awful Elimination Chamber IC championship from 2015 when everything went wrong). I've noticed that Dolph Ziggler especially shows up a lot; is that because he just tends to be louder than other people in the ring, or are verbal calls rare in matches?

verbal calls p much are exactly how this stuff goes, just some people are louder than others and sometimes ring mics are at varying levels (most Bray Wyatt matches, for instance, have much louder mics because he talks a lot in the ring). Cena, Ziggler, and Paige tend to be pretty loud