Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Vonnegut Asterisk posted:

I see a lot of posts on Wrestlehut about guys who should turn heel because they're more awesome that way. I want answers on the reverse: who only works as a face and sucks as a heel?

The answers I bring to the table are:

Khali
Tommy Dreamer
Sting
Jeff Hardy

That's a long, very opinionated question that would probably be best served to the WWE thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Where does the Vanguard Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight title rank versus the other world belts? Is it more prestigious then the big gold belt?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

FishBulb posted:

The guy is a fine announcer but wasn't he charging like 250K an appearance?

Its just not worth it.

I wonder if Bruce Buffer is for hire. I find him a lot more fun and interesting than Michael

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

grody but still def posted:

it took him years to realize royce = hoyce.

I counter that with the Buffer 180/360

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

TL posted:

Is there any reasoning for this beyond "He doesn't have boobies"?

I have to say, ring announcing has gone way downhill since Fink stopped doing it full-time. I will say, though, that I'm a big fan of Justin Roberts on SmackDown.

I've always been a big fan of Tony Chimel. Not sure why he's on ECW and not Smackdown but you take what you can get I guess.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Karmine posted:

I dunno, I always got the impression that it took a lot to get Bret to show up for his induction, and more to the point I think that Owen's death is still one of the big sore spots in Bret's relationship with Vince McMahon.

I feel like opening up the sore wound that is Owen, even for such an event as honoring him in the Hall of Fame, is just more stress and trouble then McMahon actually wants to go through. I dont know that it got any better with time for anyone involved and Bret will probably spout off at the mic about how it was entirely preventable and McMahon is a murderer.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Batmanuel posted:

It's a shame that neither of the guys behind Fake Razor and Fake Diesel ever amounted to anything...

They should bring in Kevin Nash to be Fake Kane

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

rotinaj posted:

I keep seeing a picture of two guys' roster page pictures, but both guys had Wolverine gimmicks, and they were in FCW. I think they recently got released.

Anyone have it?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

joshtothemaxx posted:

I remember this and was so sad. I was the biggest Headbangers mark on the planet :(

I hated the Headbangers because I could never beat Mosh in WWF Warzone for the N64. That game sucked and a result of my youthful inability to get a grasp of the controls (compared to the superior WCW vs NWO World Tour), I hated the Headbangers.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

SiKboy posted:

To add; It has a sticker on it that says "Title". That implies to me that there is a SEPERATE bell for title and non-title matches. Title-match bell is holding Non-title-match bell down.

Non title match bell is in the doghouse

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Banjo can't post about WWE anymore because he is Bryan Danielson.

Behold! Banjo Kaboom

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Triple H tore his quad right before the Invasion storyline, effectively ending the Two Man Power Trip and beginning the Invasion. Do you feel Triple H's presence during Invasion would have affected, either positively or negatively, the way the storyline progressed? With whom would he have feuded with? Would Austin's defection have made a bigger impact given the Two Man Power Trip history? Certainly some things, like the poor reception and delivery of a Buff Bagwell/Booker T main event and the toxic nature of the WCW brand, can not be excused, but one must consider, given Triple H's respect for the business and influence with Vince, if things may have executed themselves better. Thoughts?

Similarly, Chris Benoit, perhaps one of the most beloved wrestlers to come out of WCW, missed the Invasion due to neck surgery. Would his presence as a part of the Alliance solidified their status as a legitimate threat?

OppositeAstronomer fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 3, 2010

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

McCool was I believe a Middle School English teacher, which explains how well she could cut promos.

Seventh grade science

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Do you mean a wrestling debut or a run-in/promo debut?

Well he listed Kane and Big Show which were run-ins and everyone else was an in-ring debut. He means their first appearance

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just watched Cody's new entrance and noticed he did a very Goldust-esque bite at the camera. Doubt it's a coincidence, has he done that much before now?

Glad they finally gave him a gimmick that lets him do that, it really suits his "handsome but also sort of weird" look.

Are you talking about when he says "Dashing" to himself when looking into the fake mirror?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I argue Undertaker was bigger than being ranked low 10's. If you talk to anyone who even had an idea of wrestling in the late 90s and say "UNDERTAKER" they almost always certainly know who you mean, and his continued ability to move t-shirts and 7-11 cups presently is a testament to his drawing power.

DX as a group was pretty big and definitely had most people talking. I remember in 6th grade it was all crotch chops all day. I'd say probably them after Rock, Austin and Mr. McMahon and Undertaker.

1. Rock/Austin
2. Austin/Rock
3. Mr. McMahon
4. Undertaker
5. DX

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

HulkaMatt posted:

July 19, 2009 Wrestling Observer Radio.

Is this available at all on YouTube, or can anyone link to the Botchamania featuring the Jenna vs. Sharmell match? I kinda wanna hear it in its extended version

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Here's the Botchamania. Number 92.

http://www.botchamania.net/botchamania/92

Thank you! Much obliged!

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Lone Rogue posted:

Oops, wrong year.

I was honestly just trying to think of a match up that didn't sound anywhere near as impressive as Cody Rhodes vs. Daniel Bryan that got a poo poo ton of more crowd reaction.

Gillberg vs. Christian might have been better.

FACT: More people in attendance = a much more audible reaction :eng101:

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
http://profightdb.com/wrestlers-with-highest-wwwf-wwf-wwe-win-percentages.html

Warrior

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Can anyone track down that interview Cena did where he said "You'll never be able to prove I do steroids, but you can't prove I don't :smug:" or something?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

bobkatt013 posted:

Mike Tyson was part of the Stone Cold v HBK match at WM 14

Tyson's gratuitous fast count at WM 14 is still one of the funniest ways to start your first World title reign.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Who and where did the "WRRRRRRRESTLING!" "YAAAAAY!" chant originate with? For context, it's usually after some chain wrestling happens and I heard it on night one of BOLA 14

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I got two words for ya: Ric Flair

this actually probably sucked, a lot

Charlotte having NONE of that

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Halloween Jack posted:

I haven't been keeping up with WWE; has Orton used the Punt Kick again?

He's teased it a lot more this year but hasn't connected it in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
edit: whoops