Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
The only time I remember them ever actually letting anyone flash without something covering the nipples was Kat at some PPV, I don't remember which one, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Ugh my mind is failing me pretty badly right now, and I've tried googling it but can't find it. Who was that terrible guest commentator from some early 90's PPV who kept asking how much everyone weighed, and all around knew nothing about wrestling and I think even kept getting wrestlers names wrong? I remember him particularly in what I think was a Razor Ramon/Mr.Perfect match.

Thorias fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 23, 2009

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

nyratk1 posted:

Art Donovan?

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

quote:

If it IS as simple as knowing it's all a work, then why DOES it get thrown around in "smarks :rolleyes:" context?
Honestly there are different types of smarks. The one that you are talking about here is this type:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9nIEPV7Kg4

The other is pretty much the IWC in a whole, who all know it's a work, read the dirt sheets but still love watching the product.

And to me, the definition of a Mark is pretty much anyone who isn't knowledgable at all about stuff behind the scenes and such. So all of you in this thread claiming to be marks because of things like Shawn/Taker are wrong, since you still know its fake, just because you marked out for a little bit doesn't make you a mark.

Edit: In the other thread I mean.

Thorias fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 27, 2009

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

See, I don't really agree with that, but it's a term about fake fighting, so who the gently caress really cares I guess. :shobon:

I guess the reason that I think we're all marks is because we still get wrapped up in the show.

I dunno, it's just what I've always believed, Smarks = Smart marks, ones still able to watch it knowing it's not real, but able to suspend disbelief enough TO get wrapped into the product, but still deep down inside know that it's fake and doesn't care, that's just how I've always seen it.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
It's not so much that he wants to kill him, it's just that he doesn't want Russo to be alive anymore.

Don't you guys understand, his love for wrestling, his passion, it's just THAT strong, and Vince Russo has been ruining his passion for over 10 years now, taking it away from it's old school roots and developing it into the 'entertainment' it is now. Cornette's feelings are perfectly understandable!

Thorias fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 15, 2010

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

Here's a wrestling question:

Is it weird that when I first really got into wrestling it was when Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio were feuding for the WCW Cruiserweight title, and now when I see them wrestle on Smackdown I view them as completely different entities? They still put on great matches when they wrestle (in fact I bought a PPV where Jericho took Mysterio's mask last year in a really good match), there's just some element not there that I can't quite define.

Seeing as how they are 10+ years older than then(and also Rey Mysterio being a lot more banged up) and have both evolved that's to be expected. It really lacked the fast-paced high flying action that it originally had years ago, but substituted it with a lot more slower-paced storytelling rather than high spot after high spot as I remember the old feud was in WCW(that was years ago and I was quite young then, so yeah.) Both feuds were equally great in my opinion though but two separate entities indeed.

Edit: I just realized I said 'really' way more than needed in that post, shows me for being up at 4AM and posting.

Thorias fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 17, 2010

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Dude had to be trollin' everyone when he came up with that, putting whatever random person against another.

Except I wouldn't mind seeing Undertaker/Terry Funk for the :gonk: and :cry: factors.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Von Dozier posted:

So does anyone go to Wrestlecrap.com anymore? God that site got awful.

About like 4 or 5 years ago I'd regularly browse it every once in awhile and it was actually entertaining and funny but it's really gotten terrible over the past few years, it makes me sad, it used to be at least a good place to read people making fun of wrestling but now it's plain poo poo.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
I miss Armando and I miss Colin Delaney, there is so much from WWECW that I miss. :smith:

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Edwardian posted:

Realpost: WH2K deserves a gang tag. Wrestling owns.

(Barton Fink supremacy.)

Oh great, another gang tag that I won't be able to be a part of because of a lack of a title. :colbert:

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Can someone refresh my memory on what all Miz said during his 'JBL' Promo? I have totally forgotten and can't find a video of it.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Basically that when he first showed up he was hazed relentlessly, including being kicked out of the locker room and forced to change in the corridors. JBL used to mock him relentlessly, but none of that mattered because now they were gone and Miz was here, it was his time and he had earned his place.

Oh yeah, it returns to me now. That was a really good promo, thanks Jerusalem!

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Ric Flair is from Charlotte, NC which is like 45 minutes away from me, and Cameron, NC is like 3 hours away from me, the place where Jeff & Matt Hardy came from. That's all I can think of, but yeah.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
As for birthdays, the only birthday I share with a wrestler is Paul Orndorff.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
The fact that it always dings twice on RAW further makes me suspect that Cole is really the GM.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is "getting a win back" more of a joke term that gets thrown around or do wrestlers actually care about getting a win on someone that has beaten them in the past?

I know it gets talked about concerning Hogan and people say that he'll bring someone into a promotion just to get a win on them for a past loss but I can never tell if it's a joke or something that actually matters to these guys for real. If so, that's pretty stupid.

It's mainly a joke term, though sometimes I think they use it in storylines like the Sheamus/Santino one from recent, but I don't think any wrestler actually cares about getting a win back.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Burrito posted:

I like Rey Mysterio as Birdman personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sPLZlIF3g

I was expecting Harvey Birdman, boy was I disappointed.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Sue Denim posted:

So I listened to a Shelton Benjamin interview the other day and by the sounds of it he was a really prominent part of WWE as a mid carder during the time I wasn't watching.

Keeping in mind that my Shelton Benjamin experience is limited to the ladder match he had with Christian at TLC and MitB earlier that year can someone please recommend some of his better matches from any promotion?

There also seemed to be a lot of buzz about his role in 'The World's Greatest Tag Team' particularly their matches with the King's of Wrestling who I've never seen wrestle either, is there a stand out match between the two teams?

The WGTT ROH matches are pretty good.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
My memory is failing me here but has there been any usefulness for the 'First Blood' stipulation except from Kane/Austin? I can't remember any other time that it actually made sense to the story other than just tacking it on as a random gimmick.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
To be fair though, I remember enjoying a couple of his matches with Teddy Hart in AAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Karma Tornado posted:

There is literally no way that the beginning of Cena's theme says "ante up." It's pulled from the song Ante Up, yeah, but it's not someone saying "ante up" unless you have some sort of extremely limited aphasia that makes you hear "ante up" as "rapadoo," in which case I apologize.

If I remember correctly, it's supposed to be "brrr abado" or something, but Rapadoo just fits.