Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

grody but still def posted:

ecw never used a weed whacker as a weapon, never mind one that was used in the match and didn't even lead to the finish.

That Tai Pei Death Match Ian and Axel had was pretty terrible and hard to watch on multiple levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Yeah, gonna have to go with Terri; Goldust, Meat, the Hardys, Saturn, Raven...yipes.

Then again, Sapphire picked Dusty Rhodes, so maybe she's the winner.

Sapphire also picked the Million Dollar Man.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Edge got thrown off the RAW stage or something a few years ago and one of the EMT guys was this guy who sounded like a cabbie from the bronx and he said "Can ya feel your toes?" It was pretty funny.

To be honest it's a legit question you ask and they pretty much do it all the time. I also thought the "CAN YA FEEL YER TOES?!" came from when the stage collapsed on Vince and he started shouting "PAUL! PAUL!"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Oasx posted:

Are there any significant (that is a loose term, but i dont mean jobbers or anything like that) american wrestlers, who have stayed either Heel or Face for their entire career?

Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. From all I can remember has been face his whole career.

But lets wait and see how long it takes for me to be proven wrong.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

I thought Austin had to be talked into it in the first place. Can't blame him too much, that was like getting stuck with the fat chick while Rock went home with her hot friend. I'm not trying to be creepy, that's just the best analogy I could think of.

Wasn't Nash supposed to face someone at WM18 too but pulled the, I'm sick/injured card?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

nyratk1 posted:

Add the fact that they were stiff as hell at first and you have that 3MW owned.

I remember when they killed Mae Young and Moolah. My god that was kind of hard to watch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

Did Benoit and Batista ever have a match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XrLVACi8sE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Veg posted:

Pretty sure I didn't watch WCW when Dusty was wrestling.. but the Bionic thing seems eerily familiar. Did they use the same term for Lugers elbows any time?

As said above you, Luger had a metal plate/bar/rod in his one forearm. I do believe that for awhile he had a Bionic Clothesline or something fancy like that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Umbra Dubium posted:

Michaels has to wrestle with knee braces now. I think the chaps are there to hide them.

This is also the reason Rey wears baggy pants now too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

If the NBA can have female refs, why not WWE? It doesn't have to be some bikini model either. There isn't a good reason to NOT have a female ref.

WWF had a female ref. Vince raped her and she filed for harassment. Odds are we wont be seeing a female ref in WWE again.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 6, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
edit: nothing to see here but a dumb post

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 6, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Axissillian posted:

The biggest problem with inducting Owen to the hall of fame was that he never did anything worthy of being in the hall of fame except for taking one hell of a bump in Kansas City.

We got Pete Rose and William Perry in the WWE Hall of Fame. There is room for Owen.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Axissillian posted:

If he hadn't Foley'd from the rafters in 1999 his career accomplishments would have been: famous brother, some good matches, the white guy in NOD.

He can't even take that last claim. The Nation of Domination had 4 white guys in its group. They had the rapping team of PG-13, Crush, and then Owen.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TL posted:

If they get serious on inducting tag teams, obviously the Road Warriors have to go in. So would the RNRs and the Midnights, I'd have to say. What about the Dudleys, though? I know they've been in TNA for a few years now, but I was under the impression they left WWE on relatively good terms, and you can't argue with how much they accomplished as a team?

The Dudleys got pissed once they found out they didn't own those names. Then they went and shitted all over the WWE any chance they got.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

I don't think you understand how copyright works or the difference between it and trademark.

The only reason they got away with using the gimmick in the WWF before the buyout was that Paul just didn't care. If you come up with a gimmick in any fed, it's their intellectual property.

Pretty sure the deal with WWE and ECW was when they bought out ECW they also got all their intellectual property too, that's how they were able to use the Dudley name in WWF(all 3 of them) but once they left WWE they had to go by Brother [insert name].

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

At one point WCW outlawed going to the top rope or throwing someone over the top rope - I can't imagine how anyone thought that would be a good idea.

Them's how you do in da olden days bucko.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Just an out there question, but from TNA's roster and WWE's roster who do you guys think would be welcomed in with open arms and who would be booed out of the building if they went to join ROH? You can use any reason though to determine how ROH's fans would react.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I think if HHH or Cena showed up completely unannounced they would probably get a good pop just for the holy poo poo factor.

They get booed on their name drops. That place would go nuclear if they showed up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Axissillian posted:

So here is a question, how many times on wrestling have their been actual depictions of attempted murder. Not someone almost killing someone in the ring, but in the storyline someone performing an act backstage that served no purpose other than to legitimately try and kill someone else.

I can think of Stone Cold getting hit by the car, and the Undertaker and Paul Bearer trying to embalm Stone Cold alive.

I think this counts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNRXkPK7C-Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn-6judfIf4

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Brickhouse Betty posted:

Kane set a casket containing the Undertaker on fire after pouring gasoline all over it and inside it.

Randy Orton topped this by doing the same but then taking an ax to the casket. He also drove a lowrider through the Smackdown set with Taker on it making it blow up.

Nevermind it seems Kane and Randy might have done the same thing.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 20, 2009

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

I think I remember an interview with HHH where he was asked about the funeral home skit, and he said there was an actual funeral going on in the next room over. And while they'd be filming, Vince would keep yelling at HHH to hump the dummy harder and to be over the top about it. The funeral director had to keep peeking his head in, telling them to quiet down.

I really wonder which scenario is more tasteful.

Didn't Kane then dress up as Triple H and do something similar to mock him?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

The post below this reminded me of a situation where this happened. Late 98-early 99 Billy Gunn was fueding with Ken Shamrock for the IC Title and Road Dogg was fueding with Bossman for the Hardcore belt while they were still teaming as the New Age Outlaws.

Pretty sure Jeff and Matt held singles titles while still a tag team and never broke up over them. Christian and Edge might have been a team like that too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

How does Samoa Joe live with himself?

In a big mansion with a lot of food and video games.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Axissillian posted:

Dudleys were an ECW copyright that transferred to WWE ownership while Booker T was the creative property of the wrestler.

It's also because Booker T is pretty much his real name. His middle name is Tio.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Judakel posted:

The Dudley name is worth nothing by itself. What the hell are you talking about? The legal fees alone would cost more than what the name would be worth and the WWE owns all their best matches anyway. What are they going to do, make the money back in T-Shirt sales?

I don't know, how much money do you think Bubba, D-Von, and Spike have? Because I'm pretty sure they are the only Dudleys that lost the rights to use that name.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Judakel posted:

Stop being such a pedantic prick.

I didn't mean to sound pedantic, sorry.

Different question: How many times has Terry Funk actually had retirement matches?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cordialatron posted:

yesssssssss an excuse to post this:

http://dugout.progressiveboink.com/archive/dugout12-8-05.htm

Funny enough The KISS Demon got ripped apart in WWE Magazine in the section where they mock old/jobber gimmicks and attires. So you know what happens? Dale Torborg shows up at the WWE Magazine headquarters to talk to them about it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CM Junk posted:

Reminder that Cena was on Smackdown on UPN for the entirety of his rapper gimmick.

He never said a curse word though, the crowd did.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pretty sure it was like a motorcycle gang symbol on the jacket and it just so happened that Abbott and The Dog were in rival biker gangs. At least that's what I think it was about completely.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

apsouthern posted:

According to http://www.thesoultouchaz.webs.com/ it's now UGOMAIMEBUIMESUM. Still no idea what the gently caress it means though

yoU GO MAIke ME BUIy ME SUM?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wazzu posted:

Was this the one which made nash angry? If so, it was real and TNA didn't do poo poo.

No that was yesterday's episode. Sabin injured his neck by landing horribly on a Rock Bottom.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chilly McFreeze posted:

I said no rollups!!

Technically not a roll up. Just a reversal of the triangle choke.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Karmine posted:

ONS was 6/11/06, Batista/Big Show was 8/1/06 so a little under two months.

That night was better for CM Punk.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

He referred to the other two as criminals as well (well, Kofi at least, I'd have to check again on Mark) and really the whole vibe came across as maliciously entitled to me (even beyond the normal Legacy sense of entitlement), as opposed to the almost casual "lol racism" feel I got from Triple H/Booker T.

Well technically Kofi vandalized his car. He is a criminal now in real life rules.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What's the deal with Cena fart juice and hogan's meat shoes?

Hogan's Meat Shoes was a ridiculous post in GBS about a guy thinking Hogan sponsored shoe's that had little compartment in them that you could store pieces of meat in and when you walked the sweat and warmth from your feet would warm them up.

Fart Juice is a word Cena used in a promo once.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CM Junk posted:

Wait. This whole time we've been hating on Cena's promos because he said "fart juice" in passing during a promo in 2006 when he wasn't even champion?

I hate SA so much sometimes. :ughh:

No we use it as one of the go to jokes about him having bad promo skills or having really lame promos.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

A lot of people didn't like Austin's run as Co-GM/Sheriff of Raw, but I really enjoyed it, especially when it was ruled he couldn't fight wrestlers unless he was provoked (cue Austin going out and BEGGING people to punch him in the face) or how Mr. DTA was forced into a position where he HAD to trust a team to fight for him at Survivor Series (I think).

And then they lost and Austin was forced to leave the WWE.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Cameo posted:

As a matter of fact, here's the match:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnfkb_team-bischoff-vs-team-austin_sport

EDIT: It was the Dudleys, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, and Michaels vs. Christian, Jericho, Mark Henry, Scott Steiner, and Randy Orton.

And Batista. At least from my memory Batista was managing Orton.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Batista only showed up during the WHC match and backstage.

For some reason I remember Batista actually helping Orton win by Batista Bombing HBK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

apsouthern posted:

After watching Raw this week, have there been many other multi team tag matches with those kind of rules? Usually they're more "tornado tag"-type matches; or the ones where you have 2 men in the ring, and anyone can be tagged in (like the one at Wrestlemania XX)

There was one at one of the Cyber Sundays I think. It was a 4 team tornado tag match. Had the Highlanders, Cryme Tyme, Cade and Murdoch, Haas/Vis in it. I think that wis when Cryme Tyme won their Tag Title shot against Spirit Squad, but never used it.