Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think some of it is also the wrestler going to the agents or maybe even Vince, and saying, "Hey I have this move that I like or can do easily with out messing up that looks like a good finisher." I know Paul London and Evan Bourne came to the agents to pitch the idea of using the 450 and the SSP respectively. The only real reason Bourne had to the SSP idea ok'd by agents because it was originally banned because Kidman and London's were too sloppy and therefor dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
^ I only hate that spot because I made a loving gif/avatar for someone because they requested and never used it. Posting it here because I have no use for it an am bitter.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I'm not sure Kidman's lovely SSP was a major thing backstage since the cruiserweight division probably had as much gravitational pull in the back as Pluto. Like, if they were so pissed at him, they probably would have told him to stop. But it got to the point that you would see Kidman loving up an SSP in highlight reels.

With that in mind it was probably all Brock, since that incident almost cost the WWE a major star, let alone could have led to paralysis.

Like Beef Jerky Robot said Kidman almost legit killed Chavo with the SSP. That was such a noticeable moment because they made that an angle and made Kidman turn heel because he didnt want to do it anymore. He continued to do lovely SSP in a feud with London.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 2, 2012

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

I never saw it, didn't care enough at the time.

How was Mark Henry/Taker at Wrestlemania in 2005?

Was it bad?

Was it real bad?

It was passable.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

the_Vandal posted:

I wanted to believe. Now I just don't know why they have so much fat over their muscle. They all look like giant babies.

Edit: I shouldn't be in better shape than pro-wrestlers. Even though it makes me feel better about myself.

Just because they look fat doesn't mean they aren't in good shape. There is the Batista muscle look, which is mostly for show, and then there is Daisuke Sekimoto who looks a little rounder, but is legit scary strong and in good shape.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Require More Fire posted:

Anyone know of a site that has a good history of title belt designs? At least for the main WWE titles (HW, IC), but if it had others too that'd be cool.

On that note: I found a Top 10 Belts article on Bleacher Report, and their #1 belt was...the Spinner. They called it a "trendsetter" for belts to come. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't the US Spinner Belt be the "trendsetter"? I'm so happy the spinner fad has seemed to have died out making the WWE Spinner belt look so outdated and ugly.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm disappointed by the lack of Rey Mysterio questions on this page.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bret Hart, Jim Duggan, Tony Atlas, Mae Young

Bob Orton's return and Hall of Fame induction were basically at the same time.

It goes against the spirit of the question but J.R. and Lawler.

Well against the spirit for JR, but not for Lawler.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Judah Friedlander probably. He at least looks like one.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Alright so I've seen a few Japanese wrestling matches that either are comedy matches or serious ones where after a few fast pace moves or some other spots every one in the match, including the ref; spin, hop in the air, and act surprised or ashamed. Basically what is the origin of that comedy spot/what is it supposed to signal, as it sounded like it started in Michinoku Pro from the commentary on this one Chikara match involving Dick Togo, Jinsei Shinzaki, and Great Sasuke.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

The first thing he posted was that he's only seen that particular promo.

There's a great one from Raw with Dude Love interviewing Mankind on the Titantron and they proceed introduce Cactus Jack, but it appears to have vanished from YouTube.

Here it is and the match.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4575a_triple-h-vs-cactus-jack-raw-22-sept_sport

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 23, 2012

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Did anyone else use Michelle McCool's "You're Not Enough For Me" theme song? Talk of Diva themes in the WWE thread made me think of that one. Team LayCool using it was the best, but it was and odd fit for when McCool was a face before that.

I just find weird that almost all the diva themes with lyrics have to do with having boyfriends or something. Like the the only diva theme i can think of that isn't about Being Insatiable and needing more Boyfriends or something similar is like Trish's.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I tried looking for it, but where is the Summerslam 2010 thread?

I dont think it had an obvious thread title. I think it was probably titled Summerfest because of that Guest GM flubbing their lines.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I tried looking for it, but where is the Summerslam 2010 thread?

Oh wait no, some fyad or byob Idiot King moved it to their subforum and started banning and probating people in it and it was gassed by admins

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

What? Banning PSP people, or just whoever from that forum posting?

The Idiot King moved the thread from PSP and started banning and probating PSP posters in it. This caused a big problem and that Idiot King was perma'd I think. I dont think it was the only thread he did it with either.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Don't have archives, was i wrong?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dead Snoopy posted:

did Punk hate the Nexus story line? I only ask because it seemed to be skipped in his dvd set.

Probably hated it because it wasnt his choice and that it was as he quoted "The Randy Orton opponent" story that he thought was almost as bad as just being Cena's tv opponent before The Miz.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octagon_(wrestler)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sexy_trash posted:

Bikertaker seems to want us to take notice of his shirt. Who's this Rocko character?

EDIT: or is it a Yokozuna shirt?

It's Yokozuna. Yoko died a few days before this Raw.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Big Daddy.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So I was bored and looking up Royal Rumble articles and fun facts and stuff when I found an article on Bleacher Report about missing wrestlers from the match itself. When it got to the 1995 one the author said this:

quote:

Rather than go into detail, just know that the majority of participants in the 1995 Royal Rumble match were scabs.

And the match itself was one of the worst Royal Rumbles, if not the worst, in WWF history. This despite providing one of the most epic finishes and easily the most memorable moment in Rumble history. Never forget the words: "Only One Foot."

What's even even talking about here? Was the Rumble completely changed or something before the show? Or is he just mad that he didn't like the 1995 rumble?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

It was a Dusty finish where it appeared British Bulldog had won, then Shawn Michaels attacked him from behind. Then they explained that Shawn had won because only one of his feet had touched the floor when he was tossed out.

Oh I know that, but the article was about wrestlers who were either kayfabe or legit removed from the Rumbles and either replaced or no-showed and he seems to make a big deal about a large portion of the roster being removed or switched from the rumble by calling them scabs.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm trying to remember some older territory day wrestler that was balding, had a beard, wore a yellow shirt that said something along the lines of "I'm Not A Nice Guy" or some other Ox Bakerism, and had his one arm in a cast/wrist protector and used it as his finish. I discovered him before on accident but now I can't remember his name. Does anyone know who that could be?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
^ it was a tag match originally with Nathan Jones as Taker's tag partner. Nathan Jones was green as goose poo poo and they pulled him from the match with an injury angle.

Endorph posted:

Didn't Vader's son do a brief stint in FCW and some Japan stuff? Is/Was he any good?

He was green so he didn't have much to show. He was in an apparently okay team with Cory Graves and they were like sleazy alpha male bros and then they jobbed him out in NXT then wanted to repackage him as like Ric Flair but released him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm trying to remember some older territory day wrestler that was balding, had a beard, wore a yellow shirt that said something along the lines of "I'm Not A Nice Guy" or some other Ox Bakerism, and had his one arm in a cast/wrist protector and used it as his finish. I discovered him before on accident but now I can't remember his name. Does anyone know who that could be?

I'm guessing no one knows who this could be then because I found out it was a guy named Buck Robley.