Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Made You Look
Oct 17, 2008

Jerichoholics Anonymous
What's the story with Triple H's pedigree. I see one video where he has the arms tigered up the whole time (allegedly this being the first time he busted it out) and pretty much spikes the guy into the mat like he was doing a DDT with his knees. Then it became the flat face crusher with the arms held, and now he doesn't even hold the arms. Why and is there a story behind the first one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Made You Look
Oct 17, 2008

Jerichoholics Anonymous
What's the story (kayfabe) with HHH and Steph? I remember she originally hated him, then turned on Vince and they had the whole McMahon/Helmsley era. But then for some reason I remember her wanting to divorce him or something towards the end of my first segment of being a wrestling fan. Once she started hating HHH was around the time I stopped watching, with an show here or there. Whenever I did watch it looked like they were broken up or whatever.

So what's happened with them in between that and HHH's priceless reaction when he was handcuffed and Randy was going to punt Steph. Was that supposed to be a sort of kayfabe breach to add emotion or something, where the fans know they're not really "divorced" or whatever? I was just really confused

Edit: For reference I was about 9-10 years old when all of this happened and had just started watching wrestling so I had no idea what the gently caress was real/fake/a shoot or whatever. Also I was/am a huge HHH mark. I have no idea why my 9 year old brain loved HHH and absolutely hated the Rock (and had no feelings toward austin).

Made You Look
Oct 17, 2008

Jerichoholics Anonymous

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think Cena would probably pull a Kane and refuse to take it. Cena seems like that kinda guy. :unsmith:

As much as the whole gimmick gets annoying from time to time, I really do think that Cena would do this. But I mean with a streak like that, Undertakes last match is going to have to be a Wrestlemania loss to someone that they want to put over HUGE

Made You Look
Oct 17, 2008

Jerichoholics Anonymous

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've never been a fan of Gimmicks that go too far over the top. (Ultimate Warrior and Papa Shango to name a few) I guess its hard to walk a fine line between far and too far. The Undertaker is one of my exceptions - when the whole Paul Bearer as manager and fueled by the urn era hit I thought it was brilliant and interesting.

I kind of thought the Boogeyman gimmick was interesting, even though I knew it is a gimmick that will keep you in the mid/undercard for the duration.