Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Lazy like a Fox posted:

On the bleach issue- I think ROH had Homicide force Cabana to drink "bleach", or was it Drano?

Speaking of terribly violent death matches-which fed had the SAW match, where the one dude got dropped on a shitload of syringes? There was a youtube video of that that was quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen.

:nms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzXdewxB4M

I think that is what you're talking about.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2_aZldH9c <--could be it.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Holy gently caress that made me feel sick.

You tend to know how to find all the sick stuff, don't you dude?

I'm a pro. HulkaMatt told me so. :colbert:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I loved CZW in 2005 when they feuded with ROH leading up to Death Before Dishonor 4. Of course, the only exposure I had of CZW was through ROH. Nowadays, I get all my CZW poo poo from Botchamania videos. :v:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
What if Michael Cole and Tazz called the Hell in the Cell match?

Answer: :suicide:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
JR taught me what a sternum was, so he is the greatest. :colbert:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
These questions have to be asked:

What, exactly, is the WWE style? What match perfectly defines this style? What wrestler uses it best?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Ishin posted:

Also a poo poo-ton of irish whips.

And rest holds.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Speculation points to MVP.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

triplexpac posted:

Yeah MVP would make sense. How long has it been since his promo with Swagger? That was the last interesting thing I remember him doing.

Then again they don't always need an excuse like pot violations to cut the legs off someone, just look at Bourne. Unless he's one of the violators :tinfoil:

Not even that, how long has it been since his promo with Orton? Its speculation because of his massive de-push after he went through the losing streak. What has he done since moving over to Raw? Either that or creative really hosed up. I'd say the Miz too, but I can't help thinking that its just a storyline tactic than actual punishment.

The thing with Bourne can probably be blamed on Kendrick since there most likely was a planned program between the two.

Sionistic posted:

Wasnt it umaga since he refused rehab

That was Wellness related, not marijuana related. They wouldnt push rehab for a pot smoker.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

bradzilla posted:

Taker/HBK at Wrestlemania is the WWE style to a T. Minus the Sim Snuka camerman botch, of course.

I was also thinking that anything with Chris Jericho today defines the style. You know what you're getting with him: a solid, well planned, well executed, safe, exciting match. I mean, when was the last time he a)had a bad match, and b)injured someone?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

I beg to differ:

:nws:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7829035853103006947:nws:

Think shes wearing pasties, but the video isn't clear enough to tell.
:goonsay:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
What was Kurt Angles take on the Puder incident?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Staple gun death match where 5 staples wins? Pussies.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
The King would always hype Raw right before the credits rolled on Walker, Texas Ranger.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
How are guys treated in the locker room when they rejoin the company? For example, did they welcome Undertaker back to the locker room with open arms?

Rejoin-break from the ring, injury, any time they aren't physically there...

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 27, 2009

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

mode posted:

How come WWE used to show highlights from the previous PPV on Raw/SM only in still picture form .... And now, they actually show video clips from the PPV?

They want you to buy the replays of the PPV.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Judakel posted:

Why did the WWE take away the referee names? I thought it was kind of cool when stables had referees in their pockets and added extra odds to surmount for faces who were feuding with a heel stable if that referee was officiating the match.

The commentators mention the ref most of the time v:confused:v

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Axissillian posted:

I just fail to see why Owen would get inducted despite his death when the only reason to get inducted is his death.

He never main-evented, he never drew, never held the world title, his only memorable matches were against Bret, and by that point in his career he was a comedy buffoon and not likely to improve.

If he hadn't Foley'd from the rafters in 1999 his career accomplishments would have been: famous brother, some good matches, the white guy in NOD.

Owen should get inducted for the sole purposes that he was, in fact, NOT a nugget and for having an action figure that came with scuba gear.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 7, 2009

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Who betta than Kanyon?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Lombardi beat HHH, so its not gonna happen.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Over-Sold posted:

The best part of the power-ban was when Nash got DQ'ed for using it in a no DQ match! :laugh:

:psyduck:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Austin beat up Debra, and that's not excusable.

Benoit killed his family...

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Yes, yes he did. But I'm solely talking about Austin and it looks like we got our signals crossed. My whole point is that as far as being an overall good person who is well-liked seemingly unanimously amongst his peers, Austin fits the bill. But I made sure to note his issue with Debra is inexcusable on his part.

As for a question, can someone give me a quick rundown of the aftermath of Survivor Series 1997? I know Owen was the only Hart Foundation member to stick around, Foley sat out the next RAW, and Bulldog had to buyout his own contract, but I can't remember what else was going on backstage.

Someone had to do it v :) v

Part of the aftermath was Undertaker making Bret and Vince hug it out.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Baseball Furry

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Captain Strange posted:

While I don't like WWE people talking over big moves, I think I'd get annoyed if the "commentary" was simply just guys running off the move names.

Don't listen to ECW Joey Styles...

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I got the idea that we should compile a list of, say, the 100 top defining moments in wrestling. If this has been done, we could always do an updated version since some recent important poo poo has happened. Would there be any interest in doing this? Has it been done? If so, what thread/s has it spawned? This might make me actually get archives.

Also, what is the irc channel? I swear I read the rules and FAQ 20 times and missed it.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Does this count?

Lil Naitch is BALLIN

Don't forget about Kane electrocuting Shane and Evolution electrocuting Goldust.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

SiKboy posted:

Well, for a start its taught me never to headbutt a samoan, spill coffee on a burn victim or try to powerbomb kidman. One day that might come in handier than any of your fancy booklearnin', I'm just saying.

I learned to never jump at Mark Henry

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Blinkman987 posted:

Can anybody list some figures for what some wrestlers (curtain jerkers, midcarders, and main eventers) pay for health insurance?

Click here for the full 757x356 image.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Davros1 posted:

I think it was from when Andre turned heel in '87 and had Heenan as his manager. I think it was Andre's first match as a heel

Please elaborate on Andre as a heel. I'm having a difficult time picturing it.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Axissillian posted:

WMIII

:doh:

I'm done posting...

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Good Listener posted:

Is there a specific reason Rey Mysterio was able to keep his mask a second (or possibly third if you count WCW) time even after Jericho unmasked him earlier this year? It is confusing the hell out of me.

There was no stipulation in place which stated that if Rey lost, he lost his mask. There was a mask vs title match that he did win.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
It's a shame that neither of the guys behind Fake Razor and Fake Diesel ever amounted to anything...

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Twins? :psyduck:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Rapadoo?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

apsouthern posted:

http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/2000095m.htm - I could pick out the relevant part but really you need the whole detail

Match #8: Jeff Jarrett vs. Booker T. in a San Francisco 49'ers Match for the vacant WCW World Heavyweight Title

* There are poles at each turnbuckle, each of which holding up a box over ten feet in the air.
* One of thoses boxes has the world title.
* Bill: It would be funny if one box had a piņata.
* Jarrett enters first.
* From last week, Jeff Jarrett becomes by favorite wrestler that week for bashing Beetlejuice with his guitar.
* Booker comes out next.
* Booker takes off his shirt and hands it to an old lady.
* Jarrett attacks Booker outside the ring, signaling the bell.
* Jarrett jabs Booker with a chair.
* Back inside, Booker reverses a whip to the corner, but Jarrett gets in a clothesline afterward.
* Jarrett grabs a box, kicks it open and finds...
* A blow-up doll. What'd you expect from Russo booking?
* Booker whips Jarrett into a back elbow.
* Booker with a side slam.
* Booker grabs a second box, opens it and finds...
* A picture of Scott Hall.
* Jarrett charges but Booker nails him with the framed picture.
* Jarrett rolls outside next to the blow up doll.
* Booker goes for the third box, but Jarrett cuts him off.
* Jarrett dumps Booker and goes outside.
* Jarrett nails Booker with an empty box.
* Jarrett slams Booker on the rail.
* Jarrett breaks a box over Booker's head.
* Jarrett sends Booker into the announcer's booth.
* Jarrett stomps away as Madden screams for Jarrett to go for the box.
* Jarrett tries a piledriver but Booker counters with his own.
* And the table doesn't break. Ouch.
* Booker enters the ring as Jarrett takes a swig of some water laying at ringside.
* Booker goes for a box and finds the Coal Miners Glove from the "Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal" match from 1992.
* Jarrett trips Booker and crotches him on the ringpost, though.
* Jarrett steals the glove from Booker.
* Jarrett signals for Booker to get up, hits the ropes and nails his opponent in the chest.
* Jarrett celebrates instead of going for the win.
* Another shot to the midsection.
* Jarrett grabs a used box, goes to the middle rope and breaks it over Booker's head.
* Jarrett climbs up for the last box, but Booker cuts him off.
* Booker whips Jarrett, who avoids a dropkick by hanging on the ropes.
* Jarrett loads up the glove for another punch to the face.
* Both men are down and Mark Johnson counts to ten.

Right around here is where my head did this---> :psyboom:

Did they really have countouts in pole matches?

Legit question: What were the rules of a normal ECW match? IIRC, they were contested under pinfall/submission rules, where you could use a weapon if need be. Am I right?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Whats the difference between X-Pac Heat and Latino Heat? :circlefap:

This discussion again..

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

why does cena keep getting boners during matches

Thats just his Under Armour showing

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Bret Hart just won't change

quote:

Bret "The Hitman" Hart Interview (58:40)

Nick introduced Bret Hart in this segment, and began by asking Bret where would he be without Professional Wrestling? Some of the highlights of the interview include Bret talking about Gorilla Monsoon and the impact he had on his career. Bret would also mention in the interview that HHH and Shawn are cancers to the industry when the three were talking about the entertainment side of the business. Bret then would compare himself to John Cena stating that he was always a company guy, much like Cena and all about the team effort. Nick would disagree with Bret on his statement about Cena, then Bret clarifies. Scott "NDX" (OWW Radio Producer) would join Nick in the interview asking Bret about the comparison of the territory days to the indies of today. The interview ran 25 minutes long and ended with Bret saying, "You're listening to OWW Radio."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/bret-hart-calls-hbkhhh-cancers-to-the-industry-cena-88649

He is pretty much a one man :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Dylar Addict posted:

Bret Hart is such a bitter mark that I wonder if Bret called Shawn after the McMahons vs HBK and God match to ask him how it felt to be abandoned by someone you always trusted

Weren't they trying to bring Bret back for that match?