Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Jerusalem posted:

I would actually spend money to get hold of some Tom and Jerry cartoons, however, so there's a large difference.

Are we comparing my childhood to a trashy wrestling promotion that has people doing horrible things to themselves for ~100 an appearance? Really?

I was actually browsing through FYE's wrestling selection, came across some CZW dvds, and thought to myself who would actually buy one of these.

As I went to put it back down, there was a ROH DVD behind it. I pulled that one to the front and shoved the CZW one as far back as I could. No one should ever see CZW. I feel horrible that Mickey Rourke or whichever stuntman they used for him had to go through that shoot with Necro for the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

CVagts posted:

I was browsing through Sara Del Rey's website (a Twitter post popped up saying she had a new shirt) and she apparently has a DVD that includes a match between her and CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI.

My question is, has anyone seen this match, and where did it happen? (and how was it?)

They had a "Match" at KOT 2010, but that was due to her being selected for Osirian Portal's team to go against BDK, which Claudio/Sara are part of. I'm not sure if they've legit had a real match yet.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Horseface posted:

I'm a wrestlin' n00b. I never watched this poo poo, not even as a kid, but in the past few weeks I've gotten pretty hooked.

September 18th, CHIKARA is putting on a show in my town (Baltimore) for the first time ever. Assuming I can russle up a couple other non-fan people to tag along, would this be a good way to spend 20 bucks?

Yes. Chikara is very much worth it, and if they're going to a place for a first time event, then you're probably going to be in for a memorable experience.

I might have to try and get off to go to this show.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
In a similar vein, can anyone post the picture of the HHH rape face from Elimination Chamber 2010?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

apsouthern posted:

This one?

Perfect. It's going to be upsetting to see that we won't get another instance like this again this year, unless somehow HHH manages to be shoe-horned into the main event scene.

I wonder what perhaps Orton would look like with the beam of light in a similar vein.

Or Sheamus, even.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

KillerKatten posted:

As a stupid foreigner who just noticed a channel started running WWE RAW wrestling or something like that, I just have to ask...

I did know wrestling was a weird "sport", but is all of it like the aforementioned series/tournament/whatever?

I mean it's like a horrible soap opera coupled with the most stupid form of choreographed "fighting" I have ever seen (only seen one episode but drat it was horrible.)

A friend of mine and myself who saw that one episode can't figure out one thing though, how much of it is choreographed and does the people watching know? What is the point of it? I mean it makes no sense to me whatsoever.
I could probably find something if I looked hard enough I but found this thread, and :effort:

The outcomes and the big happenings during each match are planned out, however the rest of the time it's usually improvisation. The opponents will talk to each other during the matches, letting them know what is coming. The refs also act as a timekeeper, telling when to finish up the match.

It's not all going to be like the Royal Rumble, but there will always be storylines like the ones above.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Jerusalem posted:

Backlash 2000 was amazing, the main event was what Wrestlemania SHOULD have been.

I vaguely remember really enjoying Backlash 2009 but how bizarre to see it on that list as one of the best ever.

Wasn't that the one that the bell keeper screwed up the finish by ringing the bell after the RKO pin attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

BizarroAzrael posted:

On the topic of AmDrag, where does the "Lloyd Boner" name come from? And did "Bazooka Kaboom" originate on WH2K or elsewhere?

Bazooka Kaboom originated here, as a joke after numerous other terrible FCW names were announced at the time of his signing, such as Sweet Papi Sanchez. It made its way onto Wikipedia and lasted there for ages until he appeared on NXT as Daniel Bryan.

Lloyd Boner, I believe, came from an interview he did where he said if he wound up in TNA, he would use that as a name, or they would assign it to him or something.