Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Are there any examples of someone trying to use another guy's finisher but not being able to figure out how to do it?

I like kayfabe explanations for the weird aspects of wrestling, like why no one else uses something like the Pedigree if it's so effective. The explanation being that no one CAN do it because it takes years to perfect.

I heard Konnan had to teach Bret how do to a sharpshooter early in their careers when Patterson or some other carny man asked if anyone in the locker room knew how to do and only Konnan did... Don't how if its real or not, because I don't see how hard it would be to do after even just watching it once? I was doing it on my friends when I was like 7? or is this a whoosh :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I was watching 24: New Orleans (Sadly not with Jack Bauer) and after the Brock/Lesner match when brock is walking off the stage he just tosses the belt like he's pissed off at Vince not expecting it. I laughed, seems like Brock doesn't like him at all (I can't blame him with the way he treated Sable) or am I just a mark.

Brock just seems like he's in it for the pay day, but man what a loving beast ever since I saw him do that shooting star press -- and the botched once, eek

Also is KO is the in best in match trash talker (of this era or whatever)? I can't remember a match where he doesn't make me laugh. After he kicks Shane or whoever and yells "Does your tummy hurt?" then hits him again in it :laffo:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 2, 2019

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Yea I kinda restarted watching wrestling mainly due to Owens during the Jericho/Owens friendship/fued. Him and Jericho together were magical* (not including the WM match lol)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77NwC2TLR8

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has anyone ever won a high profile or otherwise really good match with Jericho's "foot on chest, flex for the camera" pin or one similar? It's always just such a heel move and surely someone has done it.

Khali winning a title with the one foot/arm raise I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Low Desert Punk posted:

what is everyone's single favorite chop? not chop sequence, one chop

I'll just say every single WALTER chop is its own religious experience for me

and all that earlier theme song chat and not a single person mentioned the best one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZp6awlL58 RIP

edit: lol just noticed the lyrics in the description