Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ColeM posted:

Oh god... those terrible mini-movies that WCW made to promote their pay-per views. The horror!

White Castle of Fear is not terrible at all :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Captain Strange posted:

Trips hits people with a sledgehammer every month or so.

A sledgehammer. Not a chair, or a baseball bat, or even a steel pipe. A loving sledgehammer.

Sometimes they win the match afterwards. I mean, not often, but sometimes.

Thats because the way he hits them with it is retarded and he is retarded for hitting them like that.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Good Listener posted:

Is there a specific reason Rey Mysterio was able to keep his mask a second (or possibly third if you count WCW) time even after Jericho unmasked him earlier this year? It is confusing the hell out of me.

In lucha losing your mask permenantly required you to lose it in a match, not just have someone take it off. Although that is still considered a big deal.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Pneub posted:

...The attitude era was really overrated. There, I said it

Yeah but most of the people in here were like 10-14 when it happened so they remember it well.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Fallon posted:

Were they meant to be ribs, or was Vince legitimately trying to convince the crowd they were Scott Hall and Nash?

No, he wasn't trying to convince anyone, he was trying to use the gimmicks again on different people. I don't remember if it was the first time they were on TV or not because its been a long time, but they had a heel JR talking up about how they 'brought back some of your favorites' or something like that.

Of course their gimmicks were just kind of 'them with funny names' so you know....

also it was a terrible idea.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

So the short answer is, "Get J.R. over as a heel."

I'm sure if the crowd would have accepted them as different people playing the same character Vince would have been okay with that too.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Cordialatron posted:

The Maestro sure has one hell of a website:

http://www.thestro.com/

Is there a wrestler who's website isn't terrible (that doesn't work for WWE I mean)?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Dapper Man posted:

"Stunning" Steve Austin, if I remember right. He didn't really start the bad rear end part of his character until he went to ECW as "Superstar" Steve Austin. Also, he looks really strange with long, blonde hair.

He was Stunning Steve for a long time in WCW as part of the 'Hollywood Blondes'

He was a better worker then.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Dapper Man posted:

He also had two knees and a movable neck then.

Excuses, excuses.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

projecthalaxy posted:

Yes. Kamala.

Bzzt no.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Dapper Man posted:

So, what kind of angle would his left leg have to be at to look that strange at the knee? It looks like he's part satyr.

Hes clearly emulating a Middle Kingdom Egyptian statue DUHHHHHHH

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Justice Grieves posted:

What defines a Television Title as being different from, say, a US or intercontinental title?

The name.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Raeg posted:

I think initially they were meant to be defended purely on TV shows.

Yeah but I don't think that was ever really all that enforced.

It was a midcard belt with a different name.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The only reason anyone even remembers that song is because of Arrested Development.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HulkaMatt posted:

Also if you want free Puro days after it happens all you have to do is go to the Moderated Wrestilng Section of the forum.

Uh do you have to be a paying member for this?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

grody but still def posted:

it all comes with the site. You paid to post here, right?

Yeah its cool, I was just wondering if it was locked down or not.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

tzirean posted:

And since he won't change, he refuses to believe that other people can and have. He's openly mocked Shawn's religious conversion, and hinted that he believes HBK's just using it to try to force people to overlook his past.

I dunno I mean, people do do that...

I'm just sayin!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Thanks to everyone who explained 'X-Pac heat." Although I felt like I understood what it was, for some reason the concept never gelled for me mentally. That's why I'm asking in a similar vein what it's meant to "Billy Gunn" something. For example, Maffew of Botchamania has expressed "I promise not to Billy Gunn this account." Although I've watched the video that was posted about it and was watching WWF regularly when he was part of New Age Outlaws/DX, this term just isn't gelling for me, either.

Billy Gunn was a tremendous failure and was pushed a lot including winning King of the Ring and I think Jericho or somebody said something like that once about how he was such a failure so now his name is synonymous with failure.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CoronaLargesse posted:

where is the jeff hardy busted for meth thread?

i want to relive the comedy, and it shouldnt be old enough for archives yet. :/

Search works now so you could search.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Snapnare is the first part...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

yeah cuz being in a feud where HHH couldn't handle them at all where dx and legacy traded wins back and forth and the only way DX could handle them was defeating them in a HIAC match is totally the definition of burying them, and now Legacy is on the exact same level they were on before the feud with DX.

Well....

I don't think DX buried Legacy, but...

The match where HHH 'couldn't handle' Legacy ended with HHH on the mat, talking into a microphone going 'oh man you guys are so good I guess I'm not tough oh welp welp' and I mean, it didn't seem very sincere.

Then they had 3 matches, of which Legacy lost 2, the second one they lost involved them being defeated by HHH in about 3 minutes after beating up HBK for 20.

And now Legacy is feuding with.... Kofi are they even or is that Randy? What is Legacy doing? Treading water? Yeah....

I mean, it was a good feud for Legacy but its not like they whipped the poo poo out of DX or anything.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They aren't feuding with Kofi, they aren't doing anything, Randy is feuding with Kofi and they are... tagging along with Randy, which is what they were doing before they feuded with DX.

I.E. they went from feuding with DX, two of the biggest stars in the company, to being Randy's lackys again and feuding with either nobody or a guy that might be on the rise depending on where things go now.
They have not been elevated in position on the card or anything. I mean, I think its pretty obvious at this point that they are just waiting on pulling the trigger on having them turn on Randy, but right nothing is really happening. Regardless of the matches they had with DX its hard to say that they got a big bump by feuding with them, considering what they have done since that feud ended.

Obviously they have to build some teams for the Survivor Series match (assuming there will be one) and its a lot easier to get a 5 person team if you start with 3, so Legacy isn't going anywhere this month...

If they deserve to be pushed or elevated at all is another entire discussion.

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 1, 2009

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Judakel posted:

They just didn't take it to the PAY WINDAH... Whatever.

Yeah its not a huge deal and I dont agree with that other guy that they were buried, but they didn't come out of the feud tremendously better off then they went into it or anything either.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jack Krauser posted:

Not really a question so much but did this logo ever confuse anyone else?

For the longest time I had no idea it actually read WCW. I just thought it was some random design.

Yeah its a really bad logo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Wazzu posted:

Is this the infamous birdshit logo?

Yeah

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

I was just reading through that DVDVR Observer WCW quotes thread and came across this:
"A new-look Ricky Rachmann interviewed a NASCAR driver"
Was this the same Ricky Rachmann of Headbangers Hall/The Cathouse fame?

I'm not familiar with those things you are mentioning but he was some DJ or perhaps a VJ if I remember correctly.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

And you are insane if you think the IWC was just as big or bigger in late 99-00. Do you have any idea how much lower percentage of people even had home computers back then?

Yeah, I mean, wrestling was bigger back then sure, but internet penetration was way less significant. Not that the net wasn't hoping with wrestling talk, it was, but were talking orders of magnitude more people online now.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HHHH posted:

Speaking of WM26, anyone ever see a wrestling event at a football stadium? I'm looking at the $150 range, which appears to be the cheapest floor tickets (i.e., back rows of the floor). Given the choice between back of the floor versus front of the lower level, which is better?

I haven't seen wrestling is a football stadium but back row of the floor is terrible generally, you wont be able to see over anyone in front of you. If you cant afford front of the floor you want to sit up a little higher.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HorseHeadBed posted:

I'm probably not the first to ask this, but I've always wondered why the main event of Wrestlemania VIII wasn't Ric Flair v Hogan? Surely it was a dream match and a licence to print money, so why have them on the same card and not face each other ? Has Vince ever justified the decision or is there any indication as to the thinking?

This is what Wikipedia says.

The original plan for the main event was the long awaited bout between Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan for the WWF World Heavyweight Title. The two had wrestled against each other in several house show matches and a televised tag match but never in a big money bout. Rumors persist that the 1990s "Steroid Scandal" forced a change in the main event booking. However, this has never been confirmed.

The WWE's website on a page of Wrestlemania facts also claims that Hogan's match with Sid was his 'retirement' match, which I don't really remember them billing it as at the time but that was like 20 years ago so my memory is terrible.

I'd say it seems likely they changed the main event for some reason.

Also, I don't think Ric Flair would have cared about jobbing to Hogan.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

LividLiquid posted:

Cena, for serious and no bullshit, asked Edge why anybody would by his t-shirts, considering they were covered with fart juice.

How is this worse than Mean Gene telling WCW fans that their cologne stank, exactly?

I don't understand your question

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

LividLiquid posted:

The comparison was retarded and best forgotten. I was confusing an argument from a different board with this one. I'm just saying telling the audience that you wiped your rear end with another dude's T-shirts is bound to have some kind of hit on sales from children.

Well, I dunno I imagine kids that buy Edge merchandise either don't exist or hate John Cena anyways.

But both statements were pretty dumb yeah.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The problem with Cena is that he is a boring rehash of all their top faces instead of being a character. I know I've said this before, but he's supposed to be as funny as the Rock, as much of a rebel as Austin, the come backingist mother Tucker on the planet, like Hogan etc. He comes across like a 6 years old idea of THE BEST WRESTLER EVER so people that aren't 6 are understandably turned off.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

AlbertFlasher posted:

I wonder what it smells like...

Brocolli

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Nobody really knows yet. Right now they seem to want to avoid him and who can blame them.

In a few years they might not care so much. Its really hard to know what Vince is going to want to do.

I mean you can still buy The Naked Gun and Chinatown and a zillion other movies/tv shows whatever that feature terrible people being involved on DVD so its not like its unprecedented if they just leave him in there.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

The A-Team Van posted:

IIRC they were pulling 7-8's weekly.

Nah they only got above 8 once, and very rarely got above a 7.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Atticus Finch posted:

With more viewers then than now, how do you figure? Because there's a lot more merch now/easier access?

Higher proffit margin on DX glowsticks/DVDs/books than anything they were selling back then.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CM Junk posted:

DX is one of the few household names WWE has left and they have a pretty decent-sized mainstream following. Their merch sells fairly well from non-WWE sellers.

Yes and?

?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

061469 posted:

Can anybody explain briefly what the hell happened with Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan in Sydney earlier today? As someone new to wrestling (only got into it this year)... what is the history between the two? Is Ric Flair actually insane? Are they still both involved in the story-telling side of wrestling?

Hogan is running his own promotion in Australia, where he is fighting Flair in the main event. Everything else was them building hype for that match.

Flair might be a little insane though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ColeM posted:

I watched their match and when the Taker goes for the choke slam, Hogan goes dead weight and refuses to go up, then Taker whispers something in his ear and then miraculously, Hogan goes up for the choke slam.

I dunno I've seen that and honestly, considering how well he goes up the second time (not very well at all) I assumed that Hogan just didn't have it in the tank to even jump, and UT probably just said something like 'come on, seriously?'

His second jump is practically nothing.

I generally assume malice especially in the case of someone like Hogan but thats just a weird incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

oldpainless posted:

I thought it was more just they got the timing wrong and Taker counted off so it would go smoother.

(hosed up chokeslam)
Taker: gently caress. 1..2..3!

Yeah thats also possible.

I just don't think Hogan was trying to sandbag. He's a piece of poo poo but I don't think even he would try to sandbag Taker.