Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

JoeRules posted:

Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?

Stop bragging

Anyway content: What drugs that aren't roids do people think wrestlers have done? I think New Jack has done crack, Morrison has done LSD, Jeff has done crystal meth, and everyone in the 80s was on coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

DM Punk posted:

Does anyone know the last wrestling PPV to have an actual intermission? I remember WM 7 had one after the Warrior/Savage match. I can't remember one after that?

These only stopped once we got women's matches.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I never watched WCW so what strikes me as odd is considering how it nearly buried the WWF at the time how nobody mentions anything positive about it.

What I percieve as good:

- The NWO angle before it got run into the ground
- Sting in the rafters
- Cruiserweights being used
- Making use of talent like Benoit, Eddie, Jericho
- It had some big names when WWF lost contracts (Hogan, Hart etc.)

Erm . . is that it? Really, how did it eclipse WWF for so long, what were the good parts of WCW?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Remember his googly eyes??

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I imagine if Lesnar ever came back, they'd poo poo on him

Same with Angle I guess

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Sionistic posted:

Didnt hogan not just kick out, but no sell the tombstone entirely?

I think batista has kicked out of it too

And Cena will at WM27

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Any chance of Bischoff getting in?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

This has probably been discussed before, but how did this work, exactly? When they jumped from ECW to WWF the first time around the used the Dudley name, indicating that it wasn't copyrighted by ECW, it certianally wouldn't have been copyrighted by the WWF at that time either. How could the WWF magically get the rights to the name after they bought ECW? Furthermore, isn't that kind of admitting that they comitted copyright infringement against ECW from 1999 to early 2001?

Nobody bothered to copyright it until WWE did, so it's the Dudley's own fault, they should have done it themselves.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Fake Razor and Diesel:

Were they meant to be ribs, or was Vince legitimately trying to convince the crowd they were Scott Hall and Nash?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Edge did mention in some bitter promo after that about how he was awesome and even got chokeslammed to Hell so it kinda was referenced again

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I remember when Raw threads used to crash GBS, back in 2000 (I got banned in 2002 before I got this account)

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I assume that's the Bret Bump

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Randy lives his gimmick and that's why I like him

Question, watching old Nitros they used to do instant replays of impressive moves in slow-motion, I'm wondering if WWE has ever done this, cause I think slow motion looks better?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I was watching Wrestling with Shadows again and Vince's post-screwjob interview seemed pretty honest and low-key. How long did it take for them for Vince to become "Mr McMahon" based on this, was it soon after, or what?

Was Bret ever considered a truly big draw?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I can't believe he kept the water bottle for that entrance

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Why doesn't Morrison have a finisher called The End?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

The links for these are the same?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Has anyone ever gone so far past the Muta scale they they've been hosed up and the match has been stopped?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Mass Transit?

They didn't stop the match. Mass Transit got pinned!

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

ugh yeah, I remember it was almost like a blood puddle FELL out of Mercy

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

anyone get into the blur beta? they are giving away betacodes on facebook and various places. i got mine through searching on google actually.

What's this got to do with wrestling? Isn't Blur some driving game!?!

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I never saw WM22 the first time round, and managed to pick up the DVD for £4 today so I'm watching it now.
My question regards all the giant portraits of the wrestlers around the top of the arena - how come Hogan has a photo up there despite not being on the card anywhere? Am I missing something significant?

At the time the theme of the show was "Big Time", as in big time WM moments, Hogan slamming Andre was the default one. And Hogan inducted Mean Gene into the HOF that year.

Not sure if that warrants him having a photo around the ring like other, active wrestlers, but that's what he was doing at the time.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Beer_Suitcase posted:

This is kind of a broad question but, what is the worst bump a wrestler has taken? A real bump, not a botched spot

Do you mean worst as in shittiest looking, or worst as in physically harshest on the wrestler bumping without it being a botch?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I'm assuming Vince is a billionaire now but I'm sure he was just a regular millionaire for a lot of the years he was billed as a billionaire. When did he make his first billion?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

A Dapper Man posted:

Is Jack Swagger deaf, or is his tongue just too big for his mouth?

Do you mean is he deaf because he can't hear his lithp? It's a real thpeech impediment:

quote:

"Oh sure, as a kid I was self conscious about it, but a lot of people tell me they don't even notice it. I'm sure it comes out here and there. First of all, it's a real disease. It's my cross to bear or what not. I'm joking around here, but at times I'm like, "Come on, this is a little childish." But at the same time, it's true so why not use it?"

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

For a goon meet in New York, Cannibal decided to run an indie show for the goons attending. I can't remember many of the wrestlers involved but I think he booked Jim Neidhart. Found this post by googling:

quote:

Cannibal posted:

The largest goonmeet I ever held in NYC was AWFULMANIA. It had an attendance of over 120 goons, which ranks up there with the largest gooncons.

I had a budget of over $3,000 for it. I used that to rent a private hall in NJ that was accessible via walking distance from the PATH train (took the subway from the WTC stop ) about 30 minutes of travel. At the private hall, I had hired a dozen indie wrestlers to perform just for us, including Doink the Clown and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. They had their own private bar for us, 120 goons shouting catchphrases while wrestlers put their bodies on the line for our entertainment. They even let me participate in one of the matches.

Then we returned back to NYC. 120 goons, going from NJ to NYC via subway, and no one got lost.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

What was up with that episode of Raw where HBK (and possibly HHH too, maybe a DX angle?) were stalking Coach backstage? I remember it was borderline psychedelic, it had lots of weird lighting and music and was hilarious. Think it was from 2007.

I'd love a video of this but "HBK Coach backstage" on Youtube doesn't turn anything up.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Has there ever been an "evil twin" gimmick in wrestling? I know the Bellas did something along those lines on NXT, but I'm talking more...meaningful. If you could find identical twins who were both into wrestling, I could see some interesting scenarios developing. Evil twin weakens good twin's friendships by pretending to be him, evil twin ties up good twin in the back and takes a pin for him, costing him the title, etc.

Doink had this gimmick sort of but it certainly wasn't meaningful

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Shadow225 posted:

Q: Do you guys think that wrestling will ever gravitate back to meaningful midcards and cool stables? I loved stables.

Nexus not workin' for ya?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Or SES, or even going back a year or two King Booker's Court or the Cabinet or Spirit Squad . . .

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

In WrestleMania 17 there was a competition to do a version of Limp Biscuit's album cover or something.

The kid who won, his entry was so shockingly bad. What was the deal here, did nobody else enter?

Also what's up with the ending to Taker / Flair at WM18?

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 30, 2011

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Hmm weird, you'd have thought they'd have planned the finish out at least.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Perigryn posted:

Did the Macho Man ever beat Hulk Hogan cleanly? I only seem to remember a count out victory in the WWF.

I don't think so and I think this goes for WCW too, where he got a couple of DQs I think?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I've seen old ECW footage where they chanted E-C-DOUBLEYOU, E-C-DOUBLEYOU

obviously this is awkward as gently caress and that's why it became ECDUB but the rhythm itself works

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

TMZ has an article on it: Hogan threatens a lawsuit

quote:

The Warrior went crazy on a 7-minute video tirade, saying, among other things, that Hulk is a cocaine user who had an open marriage and encouraged ex-wife Linda Hogan to have sex with other wrestlers.

Hilarious

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I remember when Razor Ramon was debuting, he'd cut promos on Randy Savage, challenging his manhood etc.

However I don't remember them having any matches, is this right? If they did, what shows / PPVs were they and how good?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

In WWE DVDs and such, the original Degeneration X are always played as this huge deal, particularly opposite the NWO.

Now, I know the NWO was a genuinely huge angle and they were for a time absolutely a poo poo-hot commodity.

How much of a genuine counterpoint / rival was WWE's DX to WCW's NWO? Is the WWE suggestion of DX being equally or more important true, or not?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

She got a hand pregnant.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Impossible, we're not up to two pages of running it into the ground yet

Oh I have a question actually. Is the Mae Young pregnancy angle in fact the worst pregnancy one? I mean, there is competition. The Lita one was not particularly tasteful either (Kane rape, Snitsky booting the kid into the crowd, Matt Hardy in general) and didn't Stacey have a terrible one with David Flair in WCW?

Any other abortions of pregnancy angles I've missed?? (Sorry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

The Stacy one would only have been acceptable if, when she was giving birth, Booker T was the doctor and she gave birth to a framed photo of Scott Hall.

The only *decent* one I can think of is ECW, Raven / Tommy / Beulah, which wasn't exactly the height of sensitivity either

If only Vince had knocked Steph up, like he wanted. In storyline of course!

Edit: Wait wasn't Vickie pregnant to Big Show last year? How did that turn out? Dare I ask

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 13, 2011