Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Batmanuel posted:

These questions have to be asked:

What, exactly, is the WWE style? What match perfectly defines this style? What wrestler uses it best?

Taker/HBK at Wrestlemania is the WWE style to a T. Minus the Sim Snuka camerman botch, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

IT'S A SHOOT BROTHER!

Ok, so this is obviously a Hogan quote, but where exactly does this come from?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rusty Shackelford posted:

4 belts at once (WWE & World Tag),

Uh, that's still one belt there, sonny. They're unified so it's only one belt, even if the WWE and World tag belts haven't been replaced. Same thing with the WWE & WCW title, it became the WWE undisputed title as soon as he won both.

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 9, 2009

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bret Hart is the biggest baby in wrestling in the world.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

666sinders666 posted:

and has any audience member ever punched him in the face whilst hes been singing it?

:downsbravo:

What's the deal with the red ropes? I know the WWF used red, white and blue ropes until sometime in the 90s. Was changing to red ropes only just part of the attitude era, or what was the reason for it?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm all about rope color too, and I think for PPV they should be using something besides red and blue all the time. Summerslam is the only PPV I can recall this year other than red or blue ropes for PPV. Even Wrestlemania had standard Smackdown blue ropes. HiaC would be acceptable to have red ropes, since someone should bleed in those matches.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Yeah, because Chavo was never involved in the ECW title scene.

Chavo has been a jobber since he dropped the ECW title.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How many feuds have Triple H/HBK had? And how many came from DX breaking up?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

AkumaHokoru posted:

This did happen. I cant remember if it was RAW or a PPV, but it DID happen and the guy doing it had a sense of comedic timing because he would use it at the perfect times

I'm pretty sure it was on some Raw during HBK as JBL's employee period. They were cutting a "serious" promo and then young HBK would slowly rise up between JBL and old HBK.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How many times did the World Heavyweight Championship change hands during Cena's WWE Championship reign of doom?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Here's a thought. Do most people consider Wrestlemania X7 to be the pinnacle, as well as the death of the Attitude Era? It seemed like a perfect storm of a show, and with WCW being purchased a week before, the Monday Night Wars were effectively ended. All of the matches on the undercard were pure Attitude Era poo poo, and then the main event with Austin's heel turn seemingly nailing the coffin shut in that one night.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Free Market Gravy posted:

An odd question: When was the last time Cena actually SAID "You Can't See Me?"

He says it literally every time he does the five knuckle shuffle.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

You know what would own and is completely supported by the rules? An open ladder match. Just hang the belt up there and say the first superstar to get it is the winner. Locker room emptying, announcers climbing, it would be great.

Terrible idea.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pneub posted:

Wrestling is scripted.:eng101:

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Kurrgan owned in Sherlock Holmes.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Looks loving terrible.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Speaking of Jericho unifying the world titles, how long did the champion carry the WCW and WWF title belts before they introduced the WWE Undisputed title?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

When did Edge debut Metalingus? Was there anything special about when he switched from Never Gonna Stop Me?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Shaman of Cum posted:

0-4

Yes because win-loss records mean anything.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

The only face turn he'll ever have is a Rock turn where people just start loving him despite acting like a twat.

Wrong. Miz is a hell of a nice guy outside of his heel character. He could easily become the #2 babyface to Cena at some point.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I went from huge fan to disappointed fan to fan-in-denial to battered wife back up to curious enough to watch just the live shows and now back to just never watching TNA until Russo stops writing, but even then it might be too late.

Apparently not watching means making more posts than anyone else in every impact thread?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

People's Elbow was not a finisher. Like the five knuckle shuffle is not a finisher. And no bad finisher discussion can be complete without the 619.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

What's the best suplex?

I submit that it is William Regal's half Nelson exploder.

Superplex

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

Whatever happened to that jacked WWE security dude with the pony-tail? Is he still with the company?

Andrew Martin died, unfortunately.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Also, I would have really liked something to have come out of Cena talking smack about the Rock awhile back. If Rock had hosted earlier this year, maybe something could have been done. But if you were gonna get Rock to wrestle, and wrestle Cena at that, I guess you don't do it on some one-shot on Raw.

If this happened at Wrestlemania, would it make Rock the only wrestler to have a main event at Wrestlemania with the biggest stars of three different generations(Hogan, Austin, Cena)?

edit: I consider Austin and Rock equally the biggest stars of the Attitude era, to nip that stupid debate in the bud.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The pHo posted:

Is there a reason that Punks intro music is so bad? That old metally thing he used to have wasn't any better, but at least it kinda suited him. I don't know what the current one is supposed to even be, but nobody on the planet surely thinks it's punk.

Hahaha what is this post

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Minidust posted:

So there's no way to really quantify this, but has WWE ever had a more pissed-off crowd than the one at the UK "One Night Only" PPV in '97? They have teased a couple of near-riot situations since then, but ended up giving the crowd what they wanted (Cena/RVD in ECW, Cena/Punk in Chicago, etc).

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFFyMvw0100

Check out this Shawn Michaels promo from a Raw in 2005 in Montreal. He masterfully trolls the crowd and it's definitely the biggest negative reaction I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgW2G5QoHFY

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RoleModel posted:

I think they even did it with Foley's first title.

Nah, WCW went ahead and spoiled that on Nitro, which was the beginning of the end of WCW. If I remember right, something like 700,000 Nitro viewers immediately switched to Raw after they spoiled Foley's title win, and Nitro never won the weekly ratings war again.

beaten, this is what I get for posting at work

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

HBK vs Hogan Summerslam is a classic

Yeah this definitely isn't a match you'd show to someone new to wrestling. Shawn's ridiculous overselling would more than likely garner a "Wow what is this fake bullshit?" rather than a "Wow this is awesome!" reaction from a new fan.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LightsGameraAction posted:

You don't remember the rage inducing WWE title match? This was the PPV where Wade Barrett finally decided to cash in his WWE title shot that he won by winning NXT, only to have it turned into a 6-pack challenge on him. People were flipping a poo poo over it for weeks. This was also the much derided first Night of Champions PPV to feature a non-title match in Show vs. Punk, which if I'm not mistaken was the final chapter in the dissolution of the SES. The Taker/Kane No Holds Barred match was pretty boring too.

El Gallinero Gros is right though, that Miz/DB match is really good. Actually most of the undercard was pretty good.

Mark Henry and Evan Bourne were a tag team? :stare:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RBX posted:

Ah the days of playing Gangrel in WWF Attitude only for his entrance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0h37R5tEpg

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm going to use WWE and guess a minimum of 3 days a week. A TV taping for one of the 500 weekly shows, and probably a couple of house shows. Higher card guys like Daniel Bryan could work as much as 5, working Raw, Smackdown and some house shows. Must be loving brutal.

efb

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

mactheknife posted:

Do wrestlers get a bonus for having a title?

Gonna guess no since the belts are literally a prop, not significant in any way, and is pre-determined as to who holds the belts.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

So WWE wants to put the US belt on Big E meaning he will likely hold two belts at the same time in WWE (US and NXT championships). When was the last time this has happened?

The Miz when he held the US and Tag titles. And he was carrying three belts because it was after unification but before the ugly new tag title belts were unveiled.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rad R. posted:

Where can I find full roster listings and drafts for Raw and SmackDown? I'd like to check out how the brand split looked like year by year.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wwe+draft+history+results

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VogeGandire posted:

William Regal.

Yeah, no. WWE attempted to push him several times but Regal couldn't handle it and wellnessed himself out of his push every time.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

Mostly because Smackdown is on on a terrible night for wrestling with most people having plans that don't involve the tv, and nothing that happens on Smackdown ever seems to matter anymore. Theres rarely a big angle or development on there, and when something significant happens it just happens again on RAW.

It's this, and even more recently Smackdown is becoming the Raw "practice" show. Just two weeks ago they did an angle on Smackdown, and then repeated it word for word, spot for spot on the following week's Raw. And yeah Friday night is a loving awful night for any TV show.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tato posted:

I would love to see any other sport behave in such an unprofessional, carny manner. The next time they wheel out some retired NFL player to do the coin flip, the announcers just start relentlessly mocking his physical ailments and talking about what a loser he is. You know King, they say that he broke the rushing record at one time, but right now it looks like all he'll break is his hip! HAW HAW EAT HARDEES

It's almost as if pro wrestling isn't a real sport and should not be treated as such.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Static Rook posted:

Since MiTB is coming up I was wondering just how planned out are those matches. I watched a couple that are included with the ladder match DVD that's up on Netflix streaming and they definitely follow a rhythm. Like, everybody but guy A and B get thrown out of the ring so A and B go at it for a little, then A gets wiped out and it's B and C, then B gets knocked out for awhile, etc etc so everybody gets a chance to show their stuff.

So for the upcoming match would it be planned out like: Orton and Punk fight until Orton hits spot x, when Christian sees spot x performed he "recovers" and attacks Orton and hits spot y, when Kane sees spot y he does spot z, and so on? Or is it just mostly left up to the wrestlers as long as the right guy wins?

I'm guessing they plan a few big spots and the finish, otherwise the boys probably call it as they go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Did Andy Leavine win the Austin season for any reason other than being 6'5"?

What was the story with this guy? I remember him winning Tough Enough and then appearing on a Raw and then future endeavors some time later. And now he is constantly begging promotions over Twitter for work.