Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

here the segement in question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKbBs4qy2g

they black bar it

the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Thorias posted:

The only time I remember them ever actually letting anyone flash without something covering the nipples was Kat at some PPV, I don't remember which one, though.

Armaggedon 99

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7eO8mU2xNY

Even in the phoney world of wrestling you wince at it aye

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

I remember oddities fueding or at least having a match with kaientai at slam 98 and I think that was the only real program they had.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

They had the last laugh though as they're now in the WWE and cade/murdoch are wrestling for ham sandwiches**

**They may actually be getting money for there wrestling

edit: actually was the reason cade was released ever made public? I just heard he had a fit or something on a plane and was gone like the same week.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Nick Patrick was probably the last one I can remember. WWE don't acknowledge the refs by name anymore so theres no way they're going to give them gimmicks or make them heel/face.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

The refs thing was made blatent when chris jericho cut himself off half way through saying charles robinsons name and then went "the referee"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Was JR a heel during the palsy angle?

They tried for a few weeks but lets face it no one wants to really boo jr. WWE realised this and the angle was dropped pretty much and eventually JR came back kicked cole in the balls and was the announcer on raw again.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

The best thing in near death wcw was the pianist the wrestler who used to play a loving piano and be winched down from the rafters while doing so.

I think torrie wilson was his valet at first.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

So in assesing my post I got the wrestler name wrong and the valet wrong.

I suck :(

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGd2WNAw5U

well i found a match with him and The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Iaukea who was another wtf wcw idea.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Wikipedia (the only real source for accurate facts) mentions something about a complaint around it so yeah they probably did throw piles and piles of cash at him.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Best question ever asked!

I'm guessing his boner is related to his magical healing powers.

Its like a Samson hair thing. If you stop his boner he can't heal up in 3 seconds.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

it was edge who cut the promo he promised he wasn't going to Billy Gunn his KOTR and he didn't :smug:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

And thats why he isn't Booker T, hes Booker t!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Deranged Hermit posted:

Even if he loses his T to Ahmed Johnson?

Haha, I forgot about that little story. A fat, out of shape, Ahmed Johnson fighting Booker T over the rights to the letter T.

Only in WCW (and maybe tna)

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Everytime I see him now I can only think of Blazing Saddles Botchamania has ruined that film for me!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

the goldberg video led me to this piece of awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwMw0fO5Fo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

TL posted:

Soon, they'll wrestle each other for alimony money on a pole in TNA.

You know it

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

projecthalaxy posted:

Who is the Dirt Bike Kid? I heard his name being used in a list with people like Mass Transit and Mike Levy as examples of the business getting too real. Unsurprisingly, wikipedia has failed me.

Well I guess you know about

http://wrestlinggonewrong.com/video/sauske_shoots_on_dbk.html

which was pretty much his only noteable moment in the history of wrestling. There was an interview, which i cannot find. Basically the story on that was Sasuke was organising a masked wrestler tournament. Invited mr Dirt bike kid, who never actually wore a mask. he kicked up a fuss on this instead of you know just wearing a loving mask and took it off after his entrance. Which defeated on the points of this tournament, as once you lost you unmasked. So Sasuke kicked the poo poo out of him for loving his tournament up by being too serious in his fake fighting.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Lance storms shoot goes into this, his 2nd one. He said basically there was alot of animosity, due to the fact the mid level WWE guys who were on ppv's were all of a sudden bumped off because well you needed to showcase these WCW stars for the invasion. Plus the fact alot of them acted like dick. He told a few good Bagwell stories. Including one about him getting his mom to call WWE headquarters demanding he get a limo for every event because DDP and Big Show pulled up to an event in one, which they paid for. But DDP made some comment that set him off as he apparently thought he was a big star!

Anyway the point is get the lance storm shoot right now!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Until Angle broke his arm with that moonsault Holly was pretty drat hot and it was maybe his best period as a singles wrestler.

Holly family rocked, especially during the superheavy weight phase. Nothing will top him calling Gangrel Dracula, then calling him a fat bastard and for him to get on the scales.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Hockles posted:

Yes, I remember it was one of the really generic type of themes, and then the following week he had the "CHECK 1 2"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlmBWt-JiWw - first theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlmVtKg0QOQ - second theme (which was lance cades old theme)

and now the one we all love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXXc3rZz8PA

and thats the history of jack swagger and his musical taste

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Kane just needs to get injured alot. Because while his ring work isn't really that memorable his return from absences have been epic.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

projecthalaxy posted:

Not having actually seen mass transit, where was it on the muta scale?

Well consider you could actually see the blood pouring out of his head i'm saying 2 maybe 3 it was pretty horrific.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

TL posted:

Holy poo poo, how did they get away with that?

Boobs hadn't slipped out in super bowls and I guess its "cartoon" violence.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

The A-Team Van posted:

See: Gate, Hell's

Most people tap to that very fast or they sell the struggle of it being locked on.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Big Daddy VI

They can create a new Villano family of wrestlers only with fat black guys.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Matt Cruea posted:

It's been a month and they're still there...

Well Archer and Reks are next likely to appear on the future endevoured roster page. Washingtons back in FCW I heard learning how to wrestle... Saxton is a Play by Play guy, not needed at this time. Tony Atlas is just laughing in the back being awesome.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Think its a hold over from his days in Mexico.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

BizarroAzrael posted:

He a few great matches with CM Punk on the ECW relaunch too, was so happy to see them paired up.

Wasn't one of his last ecw matches that fantastic 4 way match on tv which was a chase for the gold gimmick where they eliminated one guy a week.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

I thought the white South African population generally spoke Afrikaans as their mother tongue? Maybe I'm wrong.

there's 11 offical languages for South Africa, English is one of them.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Minidust posted:

And yeah all the "Insurexxion" and "Rebellion" shows that came later were basically glorified house shows.

But it did give us vinnie Jones kicking Bossman in the balls

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Web Jew.0 posted:

that was 2002. the jbl push was 2004.

The 2002 push was clearly an attempt and aborted face jbl main event run. JBL as a face when its not comedy (and apa was pretty much that after the minestary) sucks hes a natural heel.

On a side note I wish he'd loving come back and do commentary.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

The A-Team Van posted:

What is the real story behind Randy Orton's motorcycle crash? I'm under the impression that the whole thing is bullshit, but I've been wrong before.

Never been out and out confirmed but the rumour was and still is that he got a welleness violation. This was before they named who got strikes.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Its only the scratch logo they cannot use the 80's/early to mid 90's logo is fine.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

The Yoshi Tatsu/Shelton promo is the gold standard on foreigners being heels no matter what.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Yeah his instructions couldn't have been too much more complicated than "tear the door off." Whoever dropped the ball on that one probably bought him a drink that night for making him look like an idiot.

Good job it happened on smackdown i remember they edited it real well. The original footage is like watching a baby rabbit fight a python.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

reality_groove posted:

Mick Foley and Kevin Kelly commentating on Kennel from Hell. I think it's on Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops?

Yep that is like a MST commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Wouldn't the casket match at Rumble 94 take the overbooking trophy?