Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

He was reportedly upset with the Rock when he played a gay character in Be Cool, leading to a couple of years of no word on the Rock or Vince ever working together again (culminating in that stupid poo poo where John Cena repeatedly called out the Rock), but by then Vince wasn't getting producer credits on Rock movies.

I thought the anger between The Rock and Vince was that Vince was under the impression Rock owed him any appearance in any capacity he asked for since the WWE made him a star and Rock understandably laughed at him, not any one particular role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I'm sorry, I don't buy that Vince thinks like this until I see an actual Dave quote at the very least. Up until this point I've been under the impression that the Rock wanted to avoid WWE because he wanted to focus on a real movie career, and wasn't interested in doing one-offs between shoots, or remaining deeply associated with wrestling and having that limit his career prospects. Even now, all we can ostensibly look forward to is the Rock hosting Raw, which will surely be a cross-promotion even then.

Of course I'm not disputing that wrestling contracts are lovely, of course. Vince demanding kickbacks is just a little hard to swallow.

I didn't say anything about kickbacks :confused:

I meant that Vince was under the impression that if he asked the Rock do appear for the WWE in any capacity, The Rock should do whatever schedule-juggling was necessary to make it happen.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Rush Hour Renegade posted:

What should they have done? Flair gave notice that he was leaving, Raw didn't exist back then, the next PPV was about 6 weeks away and Vince was being investigated for supplying steroids. I know a lot of people on this board hate Bret Hart but he was over with the crowd and they needed someone to step up.

I don't think anyone was faulting them for doing it :confused:

The question was about the biggest upsets in history. Bret winning definitely qualifies as one just because he wasn't in the title picture at the time and no one would have expected him to win.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

DannoMack posted:

So wrestlers use tanning beds like every other day... and if I believe all the warnings I've been given over the years, tanning beds are 10 - 300 times more dangerous than the sun. Why isn't the melanoma rate among wrestlers sky-high? Or is it? I've done a little looking, but I don't see any wrestlers who've died of skin cancer.

They do? I mean, I'm sure some do, but Triple H doesn't look particularly tanned (anymore), we all saw that match where Kennedy's rub-on tan started running mid-match, Evan Bourne is about as white as white gets without being Sheamus, etc.

The threat of skin cancer from tanning beds is overstated anyway, but still, the only wrestlers I can think of who have been guilty of overdoing it are Hogan, HHH (used to) and HBK (again, used to).

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

Orton

Touche.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

crankdatbatman posted:

Is John Cena one of those babyface super assholes? b/c I got the impression he was a nice guy.

If so what is an rear end in a top hat John Cena story?

I'm pretty sure if you e-mailed John Cena and asked him to fly out to your house so you could say hi, he'd check his schedule and only decline if he had plans.

And then he'd try to reschedule.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

I think Danielson is ridiculously overrated, so keep that in mind when you read the following post.

To say the WWE is burying Danielson is absurd.

Does the WWE do losing streak angles to punish/bury people? Yes.

Now explain how it makes sense to use a huge chunk of TV time on a new weekly TV show to bury a guy who's never been seen before by most of the audience. Include in your answer an explanation for why the guy they're burying has a bio that is twice the length and infinitely more impressive than anyone else's on NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

The Shaman of Cum posted:

who said hes being buried?

Then what was your point?