Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
This was my first live show:

WWF @ East Rutherford, NJ - Meadowlands - December 12, 1993 (7,000)
Featured an in-ring promo by Jim Cornette where he insulted the crowd and said Randy Savage's match later in the show vs. Crush would be his last
Owen Hart pinned Bastion Booger at 5:42 with a roll up after Booger missed a splash in the corner
The Headshrinkers defeated Men on a Mission when Samu pinned Mo with a diving headbutt off the top
Rick Martel defeated Virgil at 12:35
Doink the Clown (w/ Dink) pinned Bam Bam Bigelow at 7:28 after Bigelow was distracted by Dink
Randy Savage fought Crush (w/ Mr. Fuji & Jim Cornette) to a double count-out at 16:14
IRS pinned Marty Jannetty at 9:18 with the Write Off clothesline
WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon & the 1-2-3 Kid defeated Johnny Polo (w/ Pierre) & Adam Bomb (w/ Harvey Wippleman) at 10:55 when Razor pinned Bomb with the Razor's Edge after Polo walked out on his partner when Bomb accidentally hit him
Lex Luger pinned Ludvig Borga at 6:42

I also saw this magnificent card:

WWF @ Sayreville, NJ - High School Gym - July 14, 1995
Fundraiser show
Skip defeated Nick Barberry
Jean Pierre Lafitte defeated Aldo Montoya
Adam Bomb defeated Hakushi
Savio Vega defeated King Mabel via disqualification; after the bout, Razor Ramon made the save for Vega
Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Doink the Clown
Bam Bam Bigelow defeated King Kong Bundy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Minidust posted:

While we're on this morbid track, does anyone remember the reports about a wrestler being on "death watch" shortly following Eddie's death? Benoit makes sense but I remember the report saying that it could theoretically get way more mainstream coverage than Eddie's death, which makes me think it was Kurt Angle.

The reports were vague and weird but I think they came from the usual dirtsheet people. Given the timeframe I must have read about it on 411mania.

Pretty sure it was Kurt, he was in really rough shape for the last year or so of his WWE run. IIRC there was a real sense online that he was on borrowed time once he went to TNA.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
English isn’t ready for Asuka.