Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Thanks Jerusalem~!

Let's try to ask questions, give answers (and thanks I guess) in this thread.

BigRed0427 posted:

And do we really need to start a new thread?

YES WE DID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

But they can have a hall of fame!!! :buddy:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

grody but still def posted:

someone post that list of Meltzer notes during the dying days of wcw

Are you asking for the Observer quotes about WCW? With facts about the show?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It's been in the Rules Thread:

http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=294

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

FishBulb posted:

Hes expensive, and nobody is going to buy a PPV for him.

WCW used him because they didn't care about wasting money at the time.

He was a plus for some entrances.

Then again that was a pretty great entrance for Goldberg.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Well we all know Fink is the greatest and WWE are still dumb for not using him.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

They have plenty of people who can go in it's just they aren't going to induct people they don't have good relationships with and they also feel that they need to induct 7-8 people per year. I fully expect Scotty 2 Hotty to be inducted in 2013.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

How about we just keep the thread to questions and answers that would be much better.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Randy Orton --------- interesting

This man has bored me more than ever this year.

I like him but holy poo poo I can't get into anything he does lately.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

X-Pac heat basically means that the fans aren't booing you because you are a really good heel and they want to see you get your rear end kicked, but they just do not like you and want you to go away. Or they'll just give you no reaction at all. I GUESS it started with X-pac so they call it X-Pac heat.

It really depends on who you ask with Hogan. People have lost a lot of respect for him over the years.

Big Show had the main title in 2002 and the ECW title. Kane had the ECW.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

They've ended in submissions plenty of times it's just not many people have any established submission finishers.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Slaapaav posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky_b-RLCWVY

Osaka Screwjob

Favoring without watching yet.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

OK I feel like there was a wrestler who used The Final Countdown as his entrance theme at some point but who was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b-17heLBGA

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Are there any good podcasts that talk about ROH/Chikara/other indies? And by good, I like Wrestling Observer's radio show.

Also, is it really worth subscribing to the Observer? I have tons of time at work to listen to music/podcasts, but are the shows worth the 10 bucks a month?

The shows can be really fun. When I signed up the latest show had just come out and it was recapping ECW, TNA Barbed Wire Christmas Tree episode & them reading parts the leaked TNA Script for January 2008 which I for some reason still have on my Computer.

Also if you want free Puro days after it happens all you have to do is go to the Moderated Wrestilng Section of the forum.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hungry Hungry Hippo posted:

I have a question (of sorts, at least)
Back in Summerslam 2008, Undertaker slammed Edge through the ring, sending Edge to Hell, if you will. Now, I'm pretty sure...like 99% sure that at some point I read that someone from WWE Creative said that they were ready to bring Edge back, but they just needed to figure out a way to explain his return.

Then, all of a sudden, Edge returned at Survivor series and won the WWE championship and as far as I'm aware, they never explained or even mentioned his "visit to Hell" from Summerslam.

So, my actual question is: Did I miss something obvious, or did they just go all Kane on the continuity and just brought him back without explaining or even mentioning his absence?

I think they did it because they thought it was cool but didn't realize how ridiculous it was.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

triplexpac posted:

Just catching up on this thread, and now I'm excited for WH2K Secret Santa! Luckily my friend gave me a bag full of WCW action figures recently...

I was actually planning on making a thread for everyone to post what kind of stuff they like and who their favorites are, so people can look at that if they don't know what to get them.

Good idea/Bad idea?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also he has turned about 4 times this year.

Also even though he is the majority shareholder he still has to listen to TNA MANAGEMENT!!!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think they left after they tore Big Show & Batista a new one.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think it was a month but I'm probably wrong.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

reality_groove posted:

Thanks!

The timekeepers just sits at ringside and rings the bell? I think I have a new career to pursue.

Look excited and look like you're about to ring the bell for every nearfall.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

apsouthern posted:

Like this?

Look. You know drat well they get that poo poo wrong.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The A-Team Van posted:

Can I get a link to the Low Ki vs KENTA match from ROH? It is being way too difficult to find.

HMMM

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He was pretty over as a heel at the end of 04 in his feud with HBK.

Wait, Matt?

I have no memory of this.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Edit: wrong thread.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Web Jew.0 posted:

well I worded it like an rear end in a top hat but how come there are less "god" diva matches (relative to number of all diva matches) compared to males? They're on tv every week. How come the entire gender only produced like two great matches in the past decade?

They don't hire wrestlers.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Captain Misc. posted:

:psyboom:

So I'm going to a wrestling show in Portland (Oregon) on satarday. Any other goons gonna be there?

Brandon Gatson rules.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Moose Bigelow posted:

What music was playing in CM Punk The Final Chapter after Miseria Cantare when he finally makes his way to the ring?

Night Train. Bouncing Souls.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

EDIT: Yay.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

His stint was for many years. WWE used to have a Cruiserweight division and he wound up winning the title and holding it for a few months. While he was champion I think Vince was souring on the Division and London has said that he was actually told to stop doing high flying moves like the 450 and SSP.

He teamed up with Brian Kendrick for a few years and they wound up being the longest reigning WWE Tag Team Champions (SmackDown belts) in WWE.

After they lost the belts they did nothing with London, then got rid of him.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 8, 2010

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I almost forgot to mention with London & Kendrick, they had them save HHH from an attack and then HHH just pedigreed the both of them.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Paul wasn't actually trained by Shawn and actually told a funny story about how Shawn just came up to him one day and was just like "...Did....Did I train you?"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

What is an "indy standoff?" Is it when two wrestlers do a bunch of really awesome chain wrestling and then end up landing face to face and staring at each other while everyone cheers? Because I love those.

Yep.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Capsaicin posted:

In the .gif of West and Tenay being really loving excited and high fiving each other....why?

I think that was the reaction to moving from 11pm to 9pm.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Most likely trying to bury the hatchet.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Trollologist posted:

I gots a question for all you smarks (if this is the wrong term I'm sorry) out there.

How does Russo keep getting hired? He seems to be hated by just about everybody (Hogan & some other wrestlers that escape me, I think WWE won't even hire him), and his writing is constantly trashed by both industry people, and casual fans.

Is it a case of "he has relevant experience with a number of companies so we'll hire him"? Is there just no one else willing to write wrestling (I'll do it)? Please, tell me how someone who is just so drat hated, with a track record like his, keeps finding work.

(is he banging dixie carter?)

"I am the reason for Stone Cold & The Rock."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I don't think they flat out suck but thank god they have names on the tights otherwise they'd be The Naturals.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Sionistic posted:

I think its because people turn anal on what gets it, or too much discussion about discussion itself. Either way it gets dumb

Bingo.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Russo has wrestled like 10 matches and I think Cornette has wrestled in around 50.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Shitty_Wok posted:

Have Kofi and Rey ever had a 1 on 1 match?

Yeah Rey beat him in 3 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ChampRamp posted:

Has Kobashi or Kawada ever stated if/when they are going to retire?

When they physically can't go anymore.