Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

So how much do those guys make for mutilating their bodies for such small audiences ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

If Undertaker wrote an autobiography it would be bound in human flesh and inked in blood and you would have to say Clatto Verata Nicto before reading it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Am I wrong in thinking that Jarrett was okay as an upper mid-card heel during his first WCW and second WWF run or were they lovely but compared to his second WCW run and TNA they seem down right decent in comparison ?

bartok
May 10, 2006

When I started watching WCW he was mainly used as a face jobber that was allowed to get in a few offensive moves (mostly arm drags and drop kicks) and a surprise pin attempt before getting annihilated by his opponent.

bartok
May 10, 2006

How are the Blu-Ray extras for The Wrestler ? It said on the box it featured a round table with a bunch of old wrestlers that seems interesting but I've seen the movie quite a few times and it's now on HBO. Also sorta unrelated but how is Big Fan which was written by the same guy as The Wrestler and features a dramatic role by Patton Oswalt ?

bartok
May 10, 2006

To be honest it was signing Christian that made me watch TNA and I stopped caring about TNA after he left.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What was the wrestling logic behind why Lex Luger's torture rack was so devastating ?
It doesn't look painful just kinda annoying. At least Lex's flying forearm finisher in the WWF seemed somewhat more legitimate since they always brought up that stupid steel plate in his forearm.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Free Market Gravy posted:

I think Danielson is ridiculously overrated, so keep that in mind when you read the following post.

To say the WWE is burying Danielson is absurd.

Does the WWE do losing streak angles to punish/bury people? Yes.

Now explain how it makes sense to use a huge chunk of TV time on a new weekly TV show to bury a guy who's never been seen before by most of the audience. Include in your answer an explanation for why the guy they're burying has a bio that is twice the length and infinitely more impressive than anyone else's on NXT.

It will only be considered being buried if Danielson loses his blow off match with The Miz.

bartok
May 10, 2006

We all know Batista is a perennial #1 contender but other then Lex Luger has there been any other wrestlers who seem to be constant #1 contenders ?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Am I a horrible person for thinking this or has Cena really improved his mic work after Wrestlemania ?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Poor B-Squared I totally forgot about him. The poor guy was just so bland that even being part of John Cena's posse couldn't help him.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What was Bubba Ray's short singles run on Raw like ?
I didn't have cable at the time and would see weird highlights on Smackdown of Bubba Ray fighting in main events and what appeared to be getting quite a huge fan reaction. It seemed weird and unsettling since it was out of context and I was never a Dudley Boyz fan.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Has Bret Hart ever had a singles match against HHH? I feel as though it had to have happened at least once but I can't think of any matches off the top of my head.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Endorph posted:

Tommy Dreamer was only ever on ECW.

Tommy Dreamer had a Jackass gimmick on Raw after the Invasion angle fell apart.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Didn't Murdoch have a brief run on Smackdown ? I am not sure though.

What was the deal with the Bret Hart and Jerry Lawler feud ? It felt like it went on forever and pretty much involved Jerry Lawler wanting Bret to kiss his feet and fight guys with crazy gimmicks like Doink and Issac Yankem. The whole thing just kind of fizzled out with no real payoff or point.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I love that Funeral Parlor where Jake traps Undertaker's hand in the coffin and just wails away on him. I think that it was the first time someone in "kayfabe" beat the ever loving poo poo out of 'Taker. I know he lost matches to Hogan and Warrior but this was different.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Have there ever been any really stellar heel vs. heel matches where neither guy turned face during or after the match?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Batista beating the poo poo out of Rey Mysterio comes to mind.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was watching Superstars and noticed that during the JTG vs. Curt Hawkins match that the camera started to shake as the crowd got behind JTG. The same effect happened on Smackdown last night and I have seen it several times in the past. Is shaking intentional or not ?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Zack Gowen mentioned on the Art of Wrestling podcast that during his time in the WWE that he was such as rear end in a top hat that when he got legit knocked out during a match the guys in the back cheered. Does anyone know what match that is from ? I am wondering if it is from Brock Lesnar's crazy beat down because that looked brutal.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What caused MVP to go from one of the hottest superstars in the WWE to essentially a joke before he finally got future endeavored?
I am not saying MVP was ever going to main event but I could of seen him as a lifelong Upper Midcarder that gets a world title reign or two as a thank you for your years of service. Sure MVP wasn't the most technical wrestler but he could put on decent to good matches on a regular basis. He was a great promo as a heel and acceptable as a face. So what happened?

How is MVP doing in Japan?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Who was Pro Wrestling's version of Jackie Robinson?
I got to imagine given wrestling audiences tendencies to boo gays and non Americans that this guy's life was a living hell and that it took a lot of courage just to make it to the ring every night.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I am surprised at the lack of wrestlers with gymnastic backgrounds. I think Jim Morrison is the only guy on the WWE roster with a background in gymnastics. It seems like a natural fit for prowrestling.
So I guess I am asking why there hasn't been a wrestler with a Gymkata gimmick?

bartok
May 10, 2006

I remember on my local UPN affiliate that they would show a women's wrestling league on Saturday afternoons. I don't remember the names of anyone but each lady had a silly gimmick like a country girl, jungle girl, goth girl, secret agent girl, etc.
The last episode I saw several years back they were plugging a PPV and were going to get Bobby Heenan to be a guest commentator.

What was the name of this league? How did it go under? Did they have any wrestlers that went on to have careers in Shimmer or anywhere else? Or was it all my imagination?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bearnt! posted:

Pretty sure it was WOW (Women of Wrestling) you are thinking of.

I think you are right because this definitely predates Wrestlelicious, baby.

bartok
May 10, 2006

So were there any non mentally handicapped wrestlers who got a deserved rear end kicking?

bartok
May 10, 2006

So was there a reason why each hour of Raw got was like a separate show during the Monday night wars?

bartok
May 10, 2006

I kinda liked Mark Henry's Casket Match with Undertaker. I enjoyed the triple threat match with Kane and Big Show. I also hate to admit that Mark Henry had a watchable match or two with Fatt Lardy. Granted none of these matches were anywhere close to approaching 4 Stars but I thought they were fun.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What are some must see Giant Bernard matches?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Santino was horrible in OVW when his character was basically Russian Taz.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Tyma posted:

My memory is terrible, but I'm thinking the Evolution storyline did it to tease a face turn at some point?

I think it was an Elimination Chamber match that had both Randy Orton and HHH. It was hinted that Orton might not just lay down for HHH if they were the last two left.
Moot point because the ending was Goldberg getting knocked out by Sledgie so an injured HHH could pin him.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Am I imagining it or did Vince get on the mic and tell people to vote for Bush during the 2004 election and even had the announcers talk about how the WWE fans should support Bush?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Didn't JR do one of these interviews with Kane that ended with him being set on fire?

bartok
May 10, 2006

LordPants posted:

That was Bret Hart's signature spot. But I'm not sure who he got it from, or even if he was the first guy to do it lots.

I thought his signature spot was running chest first into the turnbuckle.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Speaking of Warrior what was his World Title reign like? He held on to the title from Wrestlemania 6 to the '91 Rumble so it was a fairly lengthy reign.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I have a theory that every wrestler despite being horrible in the ring has been in at least one 3 Star match. This includes tag teams and other multi-man matches but excludes battle royals. Are there any wrestlers that discredit this theory?

bartok
May 10, 2006

LordPants posted:

That Punk feud was so bad. Wasn't he was up for contract renewal so they had him lose a bunch of matches? And then when he re-signed he finally won?

No Orton one by one beat each member of Nexus and then finally beat Punk clean in the middle of the ring on Wrestlemania.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Has anyone been apart of more inaugural gimmick matches then The Undertaker? You have body bag matches, casket matches, inferno matches, boiler room brawls, buried alive matches, Hell in a Cell, and Punjabi Prison matches off the top of my head.

bartok
May 10, 2006

How come no one does Atomic Drops anymore? I'll occasionally see Inverted Atomic Drops but not regular Atomic Drops. They don't look particularly dangerous and not as silly as an Airplane Spin.
Here is video of Mr. Perfect selling an Atomic Drop from Hogan like death if you forgot what one was - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCF6X0rw5c

Fake Edit - I think the last guy I've seen use an Atomic Drop was Wade Barrett at a house show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

I Before E posted:

Sandow is #30 and comes close to beating Ryback, creates the Thinking Man's Championship out of spite on the next night's RAW.

I see Sandow as this Rumble's midcard heel that gets an early number and last for a surprisingly long amount of time until an uppercard face unceremoniously eliminates him as soon as he enters the ring.