Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
Add me to the Ninjette club. I just bought an 09 in Passion Red or Sunbeam Red or whatever they call it. I've only put about 30 miles on it so far, just kinda wandering around Seattle. It's incredibly easy to ride -- I'm not sure if that's developing confidence or overconfidence but whatever.

Just now when I got it home and parked and switched off, it felt and sounded like there was a hair dryer running inside the engine for a minute or so, blowing hot air. Um... Is that normal? I've never had an air-cooled vehicle, do they sometimes do that even after they've been powered down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
Can anybody recommend a slip-on or full exhaust for an 09 that's not horribly loud? I currently have a Two Brothers Racing carbon fiber slip-on that's really loud even with the add-on suppressor. It looks cool as hell but I feel awful subjecting the neighborhood to the noise.

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
Every time I see a new-gen Ninja 250 I get that feeling you get when you see a puppy that looks exactly like one you had as a kid. I miss my little red Ninjette. :3:

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro

Dial M for MURDER posted:

This is a long shot but if anyone has a Ninja 250 muffler (right side,black) in the Seattle area they are trying to get rid off let me know. I can pay or have a left side Chrome to trade. I figured posting this here would be better than the sell thread, but if not let me know.

Edit: There are a ton on eBay, but I hate to pay $25 in shipping for a ~$20 part.

Okay so I have this Two Brothers Racing M2 slip-on carbon fiber exhaust for a new-gen Ninja 250R, and it's been sitting on my shelf for months cuz I'll never get around to dealing with craigslist flakes. You can HAVE the drat thing if you want. I used it for maybe 300 miles, otherwise it's in great condition. PM me if you're interested.

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
You win! email sent. :) Sorry to the rest of you who PM'd.

• Locked thread