Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.

frozenphil posted:

How about a nice white like Pikes Peak Pearl White (i.e. 350z white)?

I tell you White bikes are the single sexiest thing on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007

Resource posted:

What do you think? Good for hot weather? Enough protection? Wasting money anywhere or not spending enough somewhere? Any suggestions for overpants?

Not sure about anything else, but i've got these for Overpants: http://www.newenough.com/protective..._overpants.html

They flow quite a bit of air with the liner out and the mesh exposed, though i'm not sure if you would need just straight up mesh in Texas, here in California it was 108 a couple of weeks ago, then it dropped to about 80, really screwy weather so I like being prepared for anything weather shenanigans. I wore them for a couple of weeks over my pants, as they were my only pair and I just ripped them and they still work just wearing them around stores and stuff.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007

Resource posted:

I'm in Austin, but my brother lives up in Dallas. Once I get some practice in I would definitely be up for a ride.

And, thanks for the tips, I'll be getting some pants with something in the knees, but I'm still not sure to what extent I want to go with the boots. I can't decide between a true boot which might be harder to walk in, and a riding shoe, which might offer less protection but could be used as a normal shoe.

Well, you REALLY don't want to gently caress up your foot or ankle. Did you know theres 26 bones in your foot alone? And they just love to break? I dropped a hunk of steel on my foot ELeven months ago and ruined a ligament and broke another bone. For only about a month now have I been able to actually do any of the normal things I do whether its riding a bike or hell, even walking without a limp. I could go on for another three pages but for brevity, theres so much riding on your feet. Without them, you can't walk. Not being able to walk sucks horribly. So protect them, okay?

• Locked thread