Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeynuts
Sep 14, 2007

2009 250R - bought it new about a month ago. I followed the suggested break-in for all of one day... after that I decided to just ride it normally, varying the RPMs, etc.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

I installed a fender eliminator right away, and had a few other things planned (new exhaust, jet kit, ss brake lines, etc.) but I think this will be it - planning to trade up to something slightly bigger next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeynuts
Sep 14, 2007

frozenphil posted:

Anyone else with the J get IRC tires stock? I'm wondering if you're feeling them get squirmy after a half hour or so at 60-70mph. I'm not sure if it is my newbie self feeling the back end wander slightly due to wind or the tire, but it doesn't feel "right". Is that just part of riding a bike, part of riding a tiny bike, or is it wind or lovely tires?

I notice this too, pretty much all the time - but riding on I-95 near the shoreline it always seems to be windy. I just figured it was the weight of the bike since they handle fine everywhere else. It kind of makes me wonder what a set of pirellis would do, since everyone seems to say the IRCs are terrible.

monkeynuts
Sep 14, 2007

frozenphil posted:

Which fender eliminator did you go with? Any problems with the install? Outside of a fender eliminator and a double bubble screen I don't really have any mods planned for mine.

I got the Targa No Cut. Easy install, no problems - though the hole for the turn signal wires was incredibly snug. I didn't install the plate lamp, so there was literally no cutting / splicing.

• Locked thread