Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet_Wwwyzzerdd
Aug 4, 2008

by T. Finn

Z3n & Blaster of Justice posted:

:words: about the benefits of rear traction / front traction.

I remember reading a paper/study/whatever (can't find source sorry, I think it may have been talked about on AdvRider) claiming that losing rear traction is far worse than losing front traction. Seemed like an elaborate trolling effort to me.

{quot="Blaster of Justice"]This is probably the worst advise ever provided and the most common misunderstanding. For all vehicles (cars, scooters, mopeds, bicycles, motorcycles and skateboards) friction between the asphalt and your rear tire(s) is way more important than the grip of your front (steering) tire(s). Please draw a vector force diagram to back up this stupid urban legend. I need a good laugh.[/quote]

Show me a video of someone on a motorcycle (or other 2 wheeler like a bicycle. traveling at high speed, then locking up the front brake. And can you show me a similar video in which the rider locks up the front?

Oh hey check it out, I did that poo poo for you.

Which situation would you rather be in? You must back this up with real world application, otherwise all the theoretical physics in the world won't save your argument.

I don't even own a motorcycle (yet :razz:) so how the gently caress could a scrub like me possibly give a gently caress about / understand this poo poo? I've ridden the gently caress out of bicycles before, and all the same rules apply.

35 mph:
*grabs the front*
:supaburn: OH gently caress IM GONNA DIE HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo!
*grabs the back*
SKIDDDDDDDDDD oh gently caress that I left a fat skid mark on the asphalt.

Speaking of 250's.

I'm 6'3, huge loving dude, weigh 250 (I'd be about 220 if I were at my ideal weight, hopefully I'll get there by next summer when I ride). Any of you guys around my height and have any good/bad comments on the little Ninja's ergonomics? I've heard people who are around my height say it's tolerable, but by slim margins. I also have really long arms if that makes a difference. I don't want to go over 30-40hp with a first bike as long as I can find something that fits, so I guess I could go for a dual sport or something if I had to, but the 250r is just so fine :swoon:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet_Wwwyzzerdd
Aug 4, 2008

by T. Finn
Sat on a friends 09 250r today. Thing was like a pocket bike.

I'm thinking of just dropping $1000-2000 on a 250-400cc dual sport and learning on that. I really want to get some dirt experience under my belt as I hear it makes you a much better rider on the road as well.

• Locked thread