Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
03 Ninja 250 with best color and paint scheme of them all :) The day I got it for $1700 with about 1500 miles on it

A year and 10k miles or so on a ride up Palomar mountain

The little 250 was beating 600rr's down the mountain, I actually got some brake fade.

It always seemed to have pinging issues, which I suspect was from too much ignition advance. I enriched the carbs with the little washers under the needles but never got it to not ping. I melted a few sets of plugs and then after about 12k miles I was riding home on the freeway and I lost a cylinder, I tried to limp it home but at 8k rpm or so it threw a rod and punched a hole in the block. I sold it for a few hundred with a perfect body/fairings and blown motor.

It was the perfect bike to start on, I made so many stupid mistakes but since it's a 250 nothing happened. I recommend anybody up to 280 lbs to start on this bike and learn to ride properly.

aventari fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Methusulah posted:

What's y'alls opinion on aftermarket screens? I'm 5'9" and going highway speeds is killer and I'm not looking forward to any long distance rides with the stock screen. I've been thinking of the zero gravity double bubble, but I don't want to drop 100 bucks on a screen that had this review on ninja250.org

edit: http://www.mikesshields.com/ the euro model is pretty tempting. Cheaper too.

i think it depends on how much long distance stuff you're going to do. I knew I'd only have the bike for a while so I resisted trying to mod it out and waited to do upgrades my next, better bike.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Resource posted:

Alright, I went ahead and listened to all the advice about the boots. I like having feet. The only thing I wanted differently was the SP-1 gloves instead of SP-2 but they were out of stock. I'll look like an Alpinestars ad, but hopefully I'll be safer and not cooking in my gear. Still looking for a helmet. Thanks again for all the help.

I have these pants and they're great, easy to get on and off, even with boots, and flow a lot of air. Only problem is the knee armor is so thin it's almost non-existant and it rides up your leg on the bike so it wont even help in a crash. My Joe Rocket Alter ego pants were better in that dept but they were harder to put on and take off.

I also am on my 2nd set of SMX-4 boots and I love them for commuting. I can walk around all day in them if needs be. I've even been to night clubs in them lol First pair held up great in a crash and gave their lives protecting the hell out of my feet in a crash. I used to use them for track days but now I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo Corsa's for that.

• Locked thread