Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Shimrod posted:

If your bike isn't starting because it's 55F, which unless the converter is off is 12c, changing it to injection isn't going to help, there's a bigger issue there. Carbs, EFI, shouldn't matter, at that temp (which is warmer than what I'd leave to go to work in when I had my carb 250) I had to use the choke for about 2 minutes until the bike warmed up and then it was sweet. I never had any issues starting.

tl:dr: If it's not starting even with choke at that temperature, there is a bigger issue then EFI v Carb.

e: take it to a shop and get it tuned and checked out with that money instead, and then spend the leftover $500 - $600 on other poo poo.

Truth, my ex500 had no problems starting in sub 40F temps. Choke on, start, ride off, turn it off after a minute or two. May be worth sending the carb off to someone if you can't find a reputable shop, I know the ex500 forums have a couple guys who rebuild them for a decent rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread