Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Sweet! I'm glad I found this thread. I bought a 2007 EX250 two days ago and I. loving. love. it. My first bike was an '83 Virago 500 and this is a HUGE difference.

Anyway, I have a couple questions. One: how hard is it to adjust the pedal positions? I have long legs and the bake pedal in particular is killing me.

And two: I think my choke is messed up. I know I have to open it up for a few minutes when it's cold out to start it but man, it's acting weird. I can only open it half way, other wise my RPMs fall beloow 1000 and it stalls. At the half way point, the rpms fluctuate between 2k and 1k, and when Im stopped, I have to keep the throttle open a bit otherwise it will stall out. If I play with the position of the coke, sometimes the RPMs will shoot up to 5k.

Before I take it back to the dealer to have them look at it, thats not normal right? That's not cold weather behavior is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Ah ok, well the beg bracket makes it near impossible to adjust that screw since the exhaust is in the way but Ill work on that.

As for the choke. So I guess Im just dumb and was so used to my crappy Virago that I was leaving the choke open after it warmed up. My Virago HAD to have the choke open, otherwise it would stall out. So yeah, it works as advertised now.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Im turning my 2007 EX250F into a street fighting and took off the fairings but I've lost the helmet lock, where can I get a new one other than ebay? Or can I get one from ebay and get it rekeyed to use my bike key?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

SaNChEzZ posted:

I paid $30 to have the ignition re-keyed on the CX500, the only caveat was that I had to remove it, which was no big deal.

So if I picked up a cheap, $15 replacement on ebay where could I get it rekeyed? I would much rather have a single key for my seat, ignition, and helmet lock if I have the option.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Does anyone know of a good digital readout to replace the instrument cluster on my 2007 ex250? Im in the process of converting my bike into a street fighter and I want/need to replace the cluster now that I've replaced the head light and removed that mounting bracket.

Im looking at an older Koso RX2 (not the bluck backlight one unfortunately) but what else is out there?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
So I've bene in the process of converting my 07 into a street fighter. Took the fairings off, added bar ends mirrors onto some new clipon handle bars, replaced the headlight ect. I really like the look of it with the low rear end handle bars but its way uncomfortable. Like, having to lean over that much is killing my lower back and wrists.

So I just replaced the clip-ons with the stock handle bars but I really miss how it handled. Is it possible to lower the bike's suspension so that I wouldn't be leaning down so far? I saw this on the front of my bike:

Linked because of table breaking

That looks like I can loosen it up and lower the bike. But I don't know if that will actually help. Anyone else have this issue?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
So, someone knocked my bike over last week. Fell on the right side, looks like some gas leaked or something (it was hard to tell because it had beeen rainging when I found it) but I picked it up quicklyand moved it to a safe location. It worked fine for a day but then yesterday when I went to goto work it stalled out after a block from riding. I was able to restart the bike but it would jsut stall out again once I hit the throttle.

I left it sitting for a day and tried again, it started up just fine but it still stalls out as soon as I hit the throttle. What should I be looking for to fix?

rugbert fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 19, 2014

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

kuffs posted:

if it leaked fuel, is the tank empty? Might have to swap to reserve.

Looks like theres still a lot in there

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Z3n posted:

You're out of gas or the petcock is off, fuel/petcock vaccum line is pinched/disconnected or the choke is stuck open. But probably out of gas.

I just checked again last night, plenty of gas in the tank. Ill look for pinched vaccum lines this weekend. I also found that the oil sight has been cracked and my oil is basically empty (with fresh oil stains right underneath the cracked sight).

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Annnnnd my bike was stolen! Problem solved. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Yeah insurance covers theft, but theres a $500 deductable and the book value of the bike is only $2000 so I'll be lucky if I get $1500.

• Locked thread