Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I rode a Ninja 250 for the first time the other day. It was pretty drat :coal:, and quite a bit peppier than I expected. Hopefully its GOON owner will be kind enough to post about it sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

akulol posted:

I see what you did there!
Once I get some damned mirrors on it I'll take pix and be ridiculous.
Speaking of that...
I got my 02 ninja for 750 bux. I had to get a rear tire and get the clutch cable fixed, but otherwise it works fine. It has ~12k on it, and the dude was trying to mod it but I guess lost interest, so it's got a (kind of lovely) custom paint job and it has no front fairings. Where would I go to get some mirrors for the handlebars and how do I put them on? I think MrKatharsis wants it more than I do, which is saying a lot.

I rode a Ninja 250 AGAIN today. My feet and hands were buzzing at the end of the ~30 mile trip, but it was a pretty cool little bike. It really makes me want to sell my perpetually broken CB650 and buy a bike that actually works.

Beginner bike my rear end, these things rule!

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/1708051436.html

I like this guy. However, in the video link it sounds like it idles strangely. Does that sound normal to you guys?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
They did, but you can't have one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-2R

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

blugu64 posted:

Sounds like you might have just shifted too lightly in to gear, and thus not really been in gear when you released the clutch. Shift with authority.

Kawasakis are particularly vulnerable to this, I've found. Stomp on that shifter.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Just got a Ninja 250 after two years without a vehicle. It's my fifth bike and I am more than satisfied with it. A 600 or larger would have been a horrible mistake for riding around this crowded-rear end city.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I chose the EX250 over a Bandit 1200 precisely because I live in the city. Big fast bikes are just not fun on city streets. Add in the large bike's far worse low-speed handling and it's no contest.

I know this because I used to own a ZX-6 and gently caress that thing on anything besides a track or open highway.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Three weeks ago the rubber cover for my speedo cable broke and I replaced it myself. Today the metal cable itself broke at the lower insertion point. Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to grease it? It seems like just lovely luck but I've messed up simple stuff before.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I live in Seattle, no issues starting my ninja 250 so far. If you haven't found a decent mechanic, Mark's Motorcycle Werks in Bellevue is the best shop I have found. They give estimates and stick to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
My ninjette starts way better after a spell on the ol' tender. The battery is probably due for a change but I'm a lazy cheapskate so I'll delay until it's time to do the brakes as well.

• Locked thread