Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Here's me being a cool kid. gently caress no passing rules in beginner groups. I got pissed at a 1098 who passed me in a corner (you weren't supposed to) and had to blow by him on the exit of the bowl at streets of willow. I am the best. Or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

blugu64 posted:

Tell me more about track days. How do you know if you're 'ready' for a track day. I wouldn't want to go out there and just be a rolling roadblock.

If you can go around corners and not have a panic attack and grab the brakes and dump it, and feel good leaning off the bike a bit and sticking a knee out (but not necessarily dragging it) then you are probably fine with the beginner level. But make sure the track day allows for passing on the outside in corners in the beginner level, otherwise people will indeed get stuck behind you and become grouchy.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Blaster of Justice posted:

You ride with style, Sir. My respect.

(please teflon tape that knee)

:) :)

I've got knee pucks on there, don't worry.

• Locked thread