Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

deadlinguo posted:

Thanks guys. Luckily there isn't too much damage, the side mirror and one of the turn signals is a bit scratched, and there are some scratches on the fairings that aren't too noticeable.

I couldn't see where the bolt came from, but I haven't gone over it too closely yet. When I get home I'll have to take a look again.

Did you at least drop it in style by forgetting to put the kickstand down then just hopping off? Did that with my SV in front a of a parking lot full of people :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Resource posted:

I use it and it seems to be working fine. but I'm not a motorcycle expert or anything.

I use it in all of my vehicles.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

XYLOPAGUS posted:

Looks like Calico here in SoCal(ish). That's a nice lookin ninjette, btw.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Kaliber posted:

The way I look at it is I have a full faced helmet. No one knows who I am when I do stupid poo poo.

Also, you're already +10 cool for being on a motorcycle / being a superhero, so when you do something you only go down to +6 or +8 cool, so compared to the average joe, you're still awesome.

:goonsay:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Just take it all off, naked.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Dremel a new slot perpendicular to the old one? Or a left handed drill bit.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

EX250 Type R posted:

Why are you removing that bracket at all?

Hey man, post in your own thread :colbert: I want updates about that awesome ninja, and your travels.

But yes, you could just take the throttle cables off and remove the bracket with the rack.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

captainOrbital posted:

I will take a picture when I get home. I need to replace my brake fluid and do a couple other things anyway.

If it's an LED signal, chances are your flasher relay isn't set to work with the LEDs, you can buy a corrected relay for those. Or just get some stock signals, either way.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Also, it looks like bondo where the paint came off, which would mean it was wrecked before the thief wrecked it. Unless there's red primer underneath for some reason.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Shouting Melon posted:

2006 VTR250. It's literally just used for commuting, and I get sad if it drops below 27km/L.

Never mind your awesome MPG, what is that fantastic app?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Is the kill switch on... No clicking or lights dimming is suspect.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Awesome, no android variant though :(

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

AncientTV posted:

You could get a lock rekeyed, but it would be cheaper to just go on the ninjette forums, eBay, craigslist, etc. and find a full lockset for ~$90.

I paid $30 to have the ignition re-keyed on the CX500, the only caveat was that I had to remove it, which was no big deal.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

rugbert posted:

So if I picked up a cheap, $15 replacement on ebay where could I get it rekeyed? I would much rather have a single key for my seat, ignition, and helmet lock if I have the option.

I'd just call local locksmiths, most any should be able to do it assuming they have the tools. I brought in my ignition, picked it up the next day. They drill a hole in the side, re-set the tumbler to your key's profile, then epoxy/weld said hole shut again and boom. It's not terribly intense work.

Also, don't tell them it's a motorcycle part, just tell them that you need a lock re-keyed, they might get offput if it sounds too labor intensive.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

You'll never do anything without a rag in the cam chain tunnel ever again, at least.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Also, you should be able to find one for pretty cheap, I'd just get a new one.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I'm 6'2" 260 and my wr250x had no trouble. It was a bit slow up top but that's just the nature of the 250. You won't have any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Either the screwdriver method, a giant pair of channel locks or some other huge pliers etc for the filter.

If it's the drain bolt, in a pinch pep boys/autozone whatever should have some sort of metric replacement, if you can't get to the dealer. To get it out, I'd start by cutting a slot in it with a dremel or something and going at it with an impact driver or the biggest screwdriver you have with vice grips attached to the hilt.

• Locked thread