Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Damnit why isn't she coming anywhere near Dallas :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
People like music that I don't, they must be trolling :smug:

I like Lady Gaga because her music is awesome and her crazy image is just icing on the cake. I'm pissed off at supid Kanye because they were coming to Dallas but his emo rear end had to cancel and now it looks like she's touring primarily up north. Sucks, because I like Kid Cudi too.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I finally picked up her album and its crazy how awesome, yet very different the second half of the album is. I can't stop listening to "Summerboy" , "Again Again," and "Brown Eyes." Totally awesome.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Dark Weasel posted:

I like Telephone. It reminds me of I Like It Rough, which is an awesome song that no one ever talks about.

I'll talk about it with you because its one of my favorite tracks from the album.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Every day I get more sad that she isn't coming anywhere near Dallas

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Bozz posted:

Like Alejandro, it sounds like a lost Madonna song. But more awesome.

Alejandro sounds like a lost Ace of Base song to me.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Which song(s) does she wear that awesome gold viking outfit for? Because that is just awesome.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Rummanging posted:

I saw a video of Taylor Swift doing that popular song on the AMA awards, whatever that is, and she sounded absolutely terrible. Weak, flat, really small range. I can't find it anymore though, it's been taken down for copyright.

Yeah Taylor doesn't really have the strongest voice, especially when compared to artists like Carrie Underwood and even Lady Gaga. Doesn't stop her concerts from selling out ridiculously fast, though.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I'm pretty loving pumped about that.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Is it just the presale stuff on sale for Dallas? When will normal tickets be on sale?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Same thing happened to me :(

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
So for the Dallas folks, it looks like she added a second concert on the 23rd that go onsale tomorrow. I love this girl!

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Yeti Yeti Yeti posted:

Hm, the local radio stations here just started playing "Eh,Eh", calling it Lady Gaga's new song. Weird. It was never released as a single here in Canada, though.

Yeah I heard this yesterday in Dallas.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I heard Monster on the radio this weekend. Has it been announced as the next single already and am I just way behind?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Mediant posted:

I guess I'm the odd man out. I wasn't a fan of this one. The opening was interesting, but the rest just didn't work for me.

I'm with you. Not a fan at all.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Weird Al made a spoof on Born this Way called "Perform this Way" but Gaga didn't like it so he's not going to release it on his album.

Here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUxXKfQkswE&sns=fb

Here is a blog about it: http://alyankovic.wordpress.com/the-gaga-saga/

Excerpts:

Weird Al posted:

I had written, recorded, mixed and mastered 11 of the 12 songs for my new album and was just waiting to come up with that one elusive “big idea” for a parody that I thought I could turn into the lead single and video. I was well aware that “Born This Way” was coming out, and I thought that just might be the pop culture juggernaut I had been waiting for… but after hearing the song, I was reluctant to tackle it. Because it was such an earnest human rights anthem, I thought some people might consider a parody to be in poor taste. Plus, I was really kinda predisposed not to do a Lady Gaga parody anyway because, well, that’s what everybody in the universe was already assuming I would do, and I hate to be so predictable.

I had my manager contact Lady Gaga’s manager to see if she would okay the parody. Here was the exact pitch:

I’d like to do a parody of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” called “I Perform This Way.” The basic concept is that I, as a Lady Gaga doppelganger of sorts, describe the incredibly extravagant ways in which I perform on stage. Meat dresses and giant eggs would most likely be referenced, but also much more ridiculous made-up examples of bizarre wardrobe and stage production. As with all my parodies, it would be respectful of the artist, while having a bit of fun with her larger-than-life image.

I hadn’t written a single line of the song at this point, but that was the concept I had in my head. Because of my 30-year track record, most artists know that my songs are all in good fun and they’re more than happy to approve a parody just based on the concept alone.

We eventually got a response from the Gaga camp: she would need to “hear it” before she would approve it.

We send the lyrics to Lady Gaga and wait on figurative pins and needles for her to give us the go-ahead. After a few days, we get our answer: “She actually needs to hear it. Otherwise the answer is no.”

Hmm. Well, this was mystifying to me. At this point she has the lyrics… and hopefully she is familiar with her own song… and the parody is basically her music… with my lyrics. It really shouldn’t be that hard to decide – based on having the lyrics right in front of you – whether or not you’d be “okay” with a parody. But, alas, we’d been given an ultimatum. If she didn’t hear it, she wouldn’t approve it.

After the Australian tour, I was supposed to go on a long-awaited family vacation over my daughter’s spring break – but because I now had to record what ostensibly was going to be my “hit single” as quickly as humanly possible, I cut our vacation short and came back to L.A. to spend long days and nights in the studio. The band and I worked around the clock. On April 11, I put the finishing touches on the mix and mastered the track. Done.

Or so I thought.

A couple days later we got the final word: Lady Gaga says “no.”

Who's not down with the Weird Al? He was even going to donate the proceeds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Glad is was a miscommunication. I figured Gaga would love that poo poo.

• Locked thread