Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Konec Hry posted:

rA3AXH58pDwwxYn
e2FWZ3sAFfBBgX8d
cTwAKJdCUFUc4ucC
dpuN27UUF477LYRr
b3tSq4EmHx57s3V3

Used this one: e2FWZ3sAFfBBgX8d

Also, seems the rest of them are taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
You have unlimited free invites right as long as you have the invitees email adress.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Okay, same loving thing happened - Spotify has blocked me because my country does not match my user profile. How the hell do you guys keep this from happening?

Also, some more invites, please :) .

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Or you could just read what I wrote earlier. You're in some useless country that doesn't normally get to use spotify so you have to get someone in sweden, norway, denmark, uk or the netherlands to log in your account to get you another 14 days.

Old page but this may still work: http://filesharefreak.com/2008/12/26/fixing-spotify-login-issues-once-and-for-all/

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 31, 2010

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
dBYhB6auc9tm8c7S
eAcK838eTgrctbw7
czPHauX4XbbXPA5J
b6hygENhz5tw3Kzq

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

Or you could just read what I wrote earlier. You're in some useless country that doesn't normally get to use spotify so you have to get someone in sweden, norway, denmark, uk or the netherlands to log in your account to get you another 14 days.

Old page but this may still work: http://filesharefreak.com/2008/12/26/fixing-spotify-login-issues-once-and-for-all/

Yeah, I get that, but I'm just wondering why no one else here have complained about this problem and figured I was missing something.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Eight Is Legend posted:

Yeah, I get that, but I'm just wondering why no one else here have complained about this problem and figured I was missing something.

Because they are a) not in a useless country or b) have read the instructions, and circumvent this issue using them.

edit: typo

Kaiho fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 31, 2010

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Kaiho posted:

Because they are a) not in a useless country or b) have read the instructions, and circumvent this issues using them.

C) Coughed up for premium.

Which is honestly worth it when they have a phase of annoying ads. The christmas ones pushed me over last year.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Bioalchemist posted:

dBYhB6auc9tm8c7S
eAcK838eTgrctbw7
czPHauX4XbbXPA5J
b6hygENhz5tw3Kzq

These two still havn't been used
dBYhB6auc9tm8c7S
eAcK838eTgrctbw7

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Does Spotify work normally for everyone? I've been having some troubles for over a week, and now it can't even connect to the server. I've tried it on two different connections and it just doesn't work.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

slowdave posted:

Does Spotify work normally for everyone? I've been having some troubles for over a week, and now it can't even connect to the server. I've tried it on two different connections and it just doesn't work.

Working just fine for me.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Hm. Maybe I just got some firewall issues out of nowhere or something.

Mega Boris
Feb 21, 2001

Better luck next time, slugheads!
Signed up for Open. Its pretty awesome. Noticed though some tracks use 'replacements' which arent the same at all. Is it same on Spotify Free?

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Mega Boris posted:

Signed up for Open. Its pretty awesome. Noticed though some tracks use 'replacements' which arent the same at all. Is it same on Spotify Free?

What do you mean? There are artists who have not consented to their music being on Spotify, but tribute acts that do appear. Is this what you refer to?

edit: VVVV eh what? Nothing like that on mine. The artist is always labeled as "xxx tribute" or something. got a title in mind I could check?

Kaiho fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 8, 2010

Mega Boris
Feb 21, 2001

Better luck next time, slugheads!
Something like that. It's labeled as the artist and the song, but when you play it, its a tribute performance, but they don't explicitly tell you that.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Anyone here from England that I could get to log in for me?

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Eight Is Legend posted:

Anyone here from England that I could get to log in for me?

you can pm me if you want.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Bioalchemist posted:

you can pm me if you want.

I don't have PM, but send me an e-mail at kbh at lortemail dot dk and i'll give you the info!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Has anyone got any suggestions for something I could use to give winamp style visualisations with Spotify?

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
Two more invites:

azAyCz9gnkFUgGMm
dJZFH2LzucMuwhyX

Enjoy!

money worship
Nov 4, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Invites, people!

e8kXBs7UknFWLdsB
eEq9W5zt3eA6Xfgs
bn3AmxTe7Et6MT9W
c9pq9FGMZsdXfBLU
cWPKKwFKpFPZHHxZ
bLm2X7CL4US6J4NV
dyh7C9DtyaPW7Etb
eWuXLhtY4wSFHAqb

Zaajko
May 1, 2009
Enjoy:

eVkCRV23BKqeJMph
bTDHpL9CwJtmBYGR
e6AuPnsHBksSLxyf
fshFBz2SgFzP65YG
eUc8JLhMm3yat9tm
cxhFKWX6KBcgEuFP
aDT6zsqp2SztDgYA
ekZJqLCmWY3RCCqD
eRPcHUhakd7ZkrsB
fFShWcKPLzL5n2tD
fHfzcNU6Lwg3XsuS
ceDmENZnBfB2auHR
e4RTVSPsNYwa2Ya7
feBtuqaLXeat9Bkn
daX5tGg2J7m9pU5Y
fuhVtqTw8WZPG5WX
etbkEsHwXNK5h9hK
b6aL9Tb3eqaWMPBC
fKEp2J74C23tkPL6
eYtda2p3kmVbpRBX
eJ9z2m8Wq4EdZ9K9
aMzqGqyKBy8fngb6
eJ5xPxt7qrZUPFHX
fHmy3ysNB2xp5CcD
ckqM8WTpE4RUN2YZ
dwX8mXea3zLag5Ue
fzVBLDXUFRLpPu9e
eYaYG7STPMTWGa8K
d8Ek22gyASCykrJw

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Spotify seems to be working fine in the US, I DLd the client and it doesn't seem to mind where my IP is at all. Am I missing something or is the 'no us support' thing just a formality?

Umph fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 27, 2011

Lovely Primate
Jan 21, 2011

Just noticed this thread, and since everyone I know has Spotify I figure why the hell not.

akFpH7r8dkx5H5ry
dZm8UfngVrJHJBn4
aE2C3JD3dteuWUd9
fyyFUUdCNWNRRaWe
a4HT28cdVRUWP9U9
fEJqdu895ELnweJV
a4rpXFmBPSsLcBUt
bnzKewrnhzRkHgZu
cRnfUt2e4YgNrSsm
ceLbMNVVDeVGYy4G
bgAf5BMLGg9uBbdX
dNsYA3CJrEtr8P6b
eeAEYD4FkhBCSdL5
cFbMcYMsD65M3EN2
aFWXLGEqdaYTYC7Z
cyU3tRzu2RKKeCCe
fMADgyTpBb2kuHJZ
bc6C4EMrW87PRLXb
eqpxCEC6eMsPH66x
e8FMKLGPuPUMRD6B
dTyw9gc9BUeZMuJU
dzRCM8KSPcgN4P3u
cKCYqp6pqr5T5Ta8
eWp7XSe2pEpF7Dpd

E: These are used.

Also: my playlist, mostly electronic downtempo stuff...
http://open.spotify.com/user/freddythefrog/playlist/0QBzQ6vzDYbPRpiURH42vG

Enjoy

Lovely Primate fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 9, 2011

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong

Lovely Primate posted:

Just noticed this thread, and since everyone I know has Spotify I figure why the hell not.

Also: my playlist, mostly electronic downtempo stuff...
http://open.spotify.com/user/freddythefrog/playlist/0QBzQ6vzDYbPRpiURH42vG

Enjoy

I used bc6C4EMrW87PRLXb. Thanks for the invites!

Edit: Furthermore, I tried to use another to sign up a friend and it looks as though both of the above deluges of invites are taken.

Edit2: Thanks Kiba, I grabbed eV7hJZddeZurywZD.

defmacro fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 14, 2011

Lovely Primate
Jan 21, 2011

e: nvm

Lovely Primate fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 18, 2011

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

defmacro posted:

I used bc6C4EMrW87PRLXb. Thanks for the invites!

Edit: Furthermore, I tried to use another to sign up a friend and it looks as though both of the above deluges of invites are taken.

Yeah, while it's regrettable that people don't post to let others know when they've used invites, what the hell are you doing leeching off the goodwill of SA members for the benefit of some random?

Kiba
Jan 2, 2005

Invites:

eV7hJZddeZurywZD
e64cgPn9REeeYRg4

Kiba fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 18, 2011

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
More invites :

b4UbKhFzhqMVJZEc
a3eVPb7nXBnuWSym
bYXJakk9UasAkNJd
bG9zsgArmP3mRMVU
bUPN9zMNXV5sbm5n
e9VusDp4BquKTMHs
c6FBZUqzhYEWUHy2
eJhqBDEWrTmbAAf9

oversteer
Jun 6, 2005

some more

d9NTa4UeF5ttGEpS
bdmdzZzykxzy3ku9
aVgkdJ6fFqPqarE7
aBA9Stt8K6twU2Nk

DonnieJeffcoat
Jul 8, 2005
Salad Prong
Probably a lot more trouble than it's worth, but I maanged to use a listing of Tor exit nodes to ensure that Tor would only use a UK address, then use the proxy setting in Spotify to reup for another two weeks. I really would like to just pay for it buuuuut

*edit*
If this is against the rules, lemme know and I'll edit

DonnieJeffcoat fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 26, 2011

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

DonnieJeffcoat posted:

Probably a lot more trouble than it's worth, but I maanged to use a listing of Tor exit nodes to ensure that Tor would only use a UK address, then use the proxy setting in Spotify to reup for another two weeks. I really would like to just pay for it buuuuut

*edit*

Can't you just get a premium code? I know other people have used it from outside the allowed countries.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

DonnieJeffcoat posted:

*edit*

Please explain further.

DonnieJeffcoat
Jul 8, 2005
Salad Prong

Eight Is Legend posted:

Please explain further.

I'm going to try to compile all the poo poo I read to get it working, but when you get to the part about the 'torrc' file, this is what I use so maybe that will save you some trouble of finding your own:

ExitNodes $47CB023356ABD6C4B61AE950605566BCDF79C6C9, $950CFAFFA32EB6807216C672951421636FDBC3BB, $02F1B34CCAC69AD303CAAA1E1A89AF0E5DC5C26F
StrictExitNodes 1

You can skip to step 6 on this one if my poo poo up there works:
http://www.how-to-hide-ip.info/2009/08/08/how-to-use-an-ip-from-a-specific-country-while-running-tor/

There was another thing that I can't find right now, but my port in Vidalia is listed as 9051, but I had to use 9050 in spotify and I don't know/remember why that is.

Anyway, open your Spotify up and go to your Edit, Preferences and under Proxy, change it to Socks5, host 127.0.0.1 and port 9050, hit apply at the bottom, close it and reopen it.

It seems that just using a normal proxy would be easier, but I haven't been able to get that to work.

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong

DonnieJeffcoat posted:

I'm going to try to compile all the poo poo I read to get it working, but when you get to the part about the 'torrc' file, this is what I use so maybe that will save you some trouble of finding your own:

ExitNodes $47CB023356ABD6C4B61AE950605566BCDF79C6C9, $950CFAFFA32EB6807216C672951421636FDBC3BB, $02F1B34CCAC69AD303CAAA1E1A89AF0E5DC5C26F
StrictExitNodes 1

Tor on the command line also accepts country codes so you don't have to find the nasty looking hashes:
code:
$ tor --StrictExitNodes 1 --ExitNodes {gb}
will work just fine. Not sure if you need to use the {}s in your .torrc, but this way you aren't limited to specific exit nodes if they go offline for whatever reason.

DonnieJeffcoat
Jul 8, 2005
Salad Prong
gently caress. That would have saved a lot of heartache and headache :P

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!
Does anyone have experience with Spotify Unlimited? I'm in the UK for a few months and really enjoying the service. While 10 pounds is a little bit steep per month, 5 is definitely more doable, and according to their site it also grants travel privileges.

cum in my meowth
Dec 30, 2005
:greencube:
10 quid a month for the selection they have is steep

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
http://www.spotify.com/int/blog/

Bad news for free/open users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
£10 a month for what you get is a loving bargain, gently caress I used to spend closer to ten times that amount on physical cd's per month a couple years back. How anyone can find that to be too much is beyond me, they must literally be a pirate junkie with an entitlement complex who has never bought music.

As a result I have no problem with this change to the free/open users, Spotify needs to have a profitable model or at least an acceptable one that will keep them going to get a big enough market share so that they can start dictating the terms of the deal to the labels rather than it being an uneasy truce.

• Locked thread