Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Honestly the whole thing does seem too good to be true. I've been listening for the last 20 minutes on the free service and have havent heard an ad (ok actually one came on as I was about to hit post but still) Wheres the profit coming from?

Also the rating system makes no sense as it appears to be generated entirely on plays making it just a vauge popularity bar thing. Not that rating systems really make sense most other places either mind, UI designers just dont seem to be able to let them go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

optiuum posted:

Spotify is great. I just don't see how they can justify that £10 a month subscription. Thats about half what I pay for the internet itself.

Reminder that £10 is what a single album costs if you, y'know, buy it.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Im not following you, surely £10 for unlimited music on demand for a month is a good deal whichever way you slice it? Are you saying that it should cost less than a single album? Of course if you were to compare it to just stealing it then its a bad deal but then that would just be a stupid comparison.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 12, 2009

• Locked thread