Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Spotify is great. I started using it last summer but I just didn't know what to listen to other than the stuff I already had on my computer. Then I found some great playlists and hundreds of new artists and I deleted every music file on my cpu and switched to Spotify for good.
Also, I haven't downloaded any music :filez: after switching to Spotify, but I have bought more music than ever before thanks to all the playlists where I find awesome new bands every day.
I'm just going to enjoy using this as much as I can before someone decides that this isn't good for the record labels and artists and they shut it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
I've been using this for almost two years now, premium for 3 months, so I only have three invites but here you go.

awMYN6VPcxtW3SsV
fFCJ2zwWx7BcPrz2
esN8WMrCmBh7tnXn

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Jive Turkey posted:

This might get buried between all the invite code posts...but could someone who is using the premium service answer a couple questions for me?

1) First off, is premium worth it? I'm admittedly a guy who has acquired my music through :filez: for many years but I'm excited about this model and do want to find a way support artists who might not be touring in my town.

2) I already noticed some older artists missing from the catalog (Zeppelin!?)... it's not THAT big a deal but I wanted to know if you came across issues finding music?

3) What type of sound quality improvement are we talking about? I'm not 100% sure of the bitrate for the free version but does premium bring you up to 320?

4) How well does the mobile and offline service work?

Thanks in advance!

As I mentioned before, I've been using the premium version for three months now, and it really is worth it.
- I've found lots and lots of new and not so mainstream bands with this and the premium version gives you a chance to listen to some new unreleased album a few weeks in advance, that is awesome. And some albums are premium-only, even if they have been released already.

- Yes, some older and bigger artists are missing, Zeppelin, Metallica, Floyd etc, but as most people, I too have those on my PC already and the premium version automatically adds all music you have on your PC to the playlists on Spotify.

- the premium sound quality is 320, which is enough for me.

- I just learned how to use the offline and mobile versions, and I think they are the best parts of premium.
The way I have done is I make an offline playlist on my PC, then open Spotify on my mobilephone, where it automatically syncs the offline playlist, it may take a while, a few minutes maybe, depending on the amount of songs you are syncing, I have about 200 songs on my offline playlist atm.
After the syncing, you can open spotify in offline mode on your phone and listen to the songs as much as you like.
It is very useful especially when I'm driving and I can just connect my phone to the car stereo and listen.

And probably the best part I almost forgot. The loving annoying ads. I think the ads are specificially made to be as annoying as possible, so you'd give in and bought the premium after being tortured by the ads.
Premium removes all of them. It is just music 24/7, and it is awesome.

Hope this helped.

• Locked thread