Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mierenneuker posted:

They do have Daydreaming on there, so perhaps it's just a matter of time.

Burn the Witch is also on there, is there a third song I'm not aware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

The album came out on Sunday.

Ah, well... nevermind then.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Spotify makes their ads almost insufferable enough for me to consider premium.

"What song do you like, based on 2.3 seconds of it playing?"

<generic dance music plays>

"Hey, I like this one. Yeah!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well, holy poo poo. I'm a bad canadian, and I'm not really into Neil Young, so until you posted this, I thought that Moltar was just really, really weird (go to 8:40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18i30Kmx5R0

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I have to admit; if Youtube Red came over to Canada, and included a Google Music plan like it does in the U.S., I'd be signed up. I wouldn't pay full price just for YTR, but that package deal is hard to say no to.

It's me; I'm the weirdo who's pulling for Youtube Red to be good :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Kind of surprised no one mentioned that student Spotify accounts now include a base Hulu sub for no extra cost.

Man, I wish this poo poo was available for Canada, too. Like, I would have already signed up for Google Music + Youtube Red, except that it's not available here. :negative: :canada:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

horchata posted:

This is a weird question but I can't seem to find a way to do it. It's my first time using Spotify (ever) and was wondering if there was a way to shuffle ALL the songs from all the artists I follow?

I'm pretty sure you can go to your library, and then go to 'songs', then hit the shuffle button. Unless they need to be in playlists for that?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, I made a silly joke on a Father Ted facebook group about wanting Icey-T and Scoopy Scoopy Dog Dog on Spotify. One of the members is a part of @SpotifyCares, and made me this (if you're not a Father Ted fan, you won't get it)

:allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

Wow I guess billy corgan wasn’t kidding about the “don’t call me billy!” poo poo

Sorry but the smashing pumpkins thread auto archived

poo poo, it did? Well, gently caress. I was going to post something the other day in it, and decided against it.

I let it die :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This is sort of off-topic, but I'm thinking of setting up some sort of wifi speaker system in my house, because my wife and I are potentially moving to a new place, and we've decided we want more music in our life (and will likely be using Spotify for that). Does anyone else here use them, and if so, what do you recommend? We might go the 'smart home' direction with Alexa, or we might just keep it at the speakers, but either way, house-wide audio, or at least audio in the living room/kitchen are our main goals.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Echo products do multi room audio well, BUT (<-- big but) they don't support bluetooth speakers with multi room audio.

That is, if you have BT speakers connected to, say, your Dots and start up multi room audio, it'll drop the BT connection and play through the Dot itself. If the speaker is connected with the 3.5mm audio plug, it'll work fine.

We actually don't have anything at all. It kind of bums us out, because we both used to own stereos back in the day, and then just kind of got rid of them as we got older, and really only listen to music in the car or at work. So, we're starting from nothing, other than our phones and whichever paid service we decide to go with. Really, it'll be between Spotify and Google Music. We'd go GM for the addition of Youtube Red, except that's not available in Canada, so both services are fairly equal to us right now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Well, Amazon Echo products support Spotify (and obviously Amazon Music) but not Google Play Music.
Google Home products support Spotify and obviously Google Play music, but not Amazon Music.
Sonos speakers seem to support just about every music service there is. and the Sonos One model has Alexa built in.

In the US. Not sure if there are Canada restrictions.

Hmm, ok, weird. I guess I'll be looking at what musical service I don't plan on using. Probably Amazon, though we do have Amazon Prime. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for the info!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Stayne Falls posted:

I prefer to think of Billy as this fun, kind of dickish in a youthful energy way artist who created music I loved, and William Patrick Corgan as the transphobic, bigoted, shitheap of a person who tarnishes his legacy with each new mouth opening.

This is pretty apt, though he did the WPC switch well after he started being terrible.

There's some sort of story or anecdote that HE told about how he met someone once (this was back around the Gish/SD era), and they turned out to not be the gender he had assumed. He described how quickly he got the gently caress out of there, because he was just so disgusted. It's pretty terrible.

And every time I think of all of this, it reminds me that someday, I want to get a Devi Evar pedal. :shobon:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I don't think I've ever used Spotify for podcasts, but I gotta hand it to Podbean. That app is absolutely loving incredible when it comes to podcast support (which is what it's for). My only two issues were how it was initially weird that it asked me what kind of podcast I was making (it has a paid hosting feature). The other is/was that I was initially confused as to where to go to find stuff I'm subscribed to. It's the second icon from the left, looks like a line with 'broadcast circles' around it. Aside from that, the thing is perfect. As much as I'd love to have everything altogether in one app, I can deal with keeping Spotify for music, and Podbean for podcasts.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

The funniest thing is the album is just okay. There's nothing "bad" about it but it's completely forgettable and devoid of things that pull you in. It's nicely produced and inoffensive I guess, but even as a huge SP fan it's such a non-event. At least TheFutureEmbrace had some personality. Some tracks were bad, but there were some amazing ones too. Ogilala is just "there".

Also this may have been mentioned but are we ever getting lyrics back? I miss that :(

I just was rereading this page, saw this, and while I haven't given the rest of the album a thorough listen, 'Aeronaut' might be my favourite Billy Corgan-related thing ever. I absolutely love that song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

It's crazy you say that because the album as a whole has been growing on me. I still don't think it's the best album he's done, but some of the songs are growers for sure.

The fact that Aeronaut gets stuck in my head and I like it says enough I think.

I miss the pumpkins thread. Someone make a new one! They're touring again and there's a bunch of poo poo going on between Billy/ James vs D'arcy. :negative:

Edit: gently caress it, I'LL do it.

Edit:... tomorrow. I'm on mobile, and can't make a new thread. And screw doing it through mobile Chrome.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 26, 2018

• Locked thread