Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Does anybody have some more invites?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Dr. Awesome Beard posted:

Spotify Open is available without invites, but limited to 20 hours of music per month (which sucks if you're like me and listens to music continously while at work).

Invite time!
bPBma4Ssx3YhL76K
fe3MBJadUYHTXm79
cCkSKxYdeNEzarUF
aCP4zV4pJUSSV8fk

Goddammit, these are all taken - fuckin' post if you're taking them.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Some more invite codes, anyone :) ?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Why the hell doesn't anything happen when I put in the invite code and press Continue? It doesn't say it has already been used or anything, nothing literally happens. I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome, same problem.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Elected by Dogs posted:

use IE and add spotify to trusted sites

I'm on a Mac and using a proxy server.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Dude With Pants posted:

Some more invites

a7Fy4T7ys2R5aprL
eDVDMcuZ62A8wFtP

Does the native linux client work only with a premium account ?

These are all taken, anyone got some more?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Picardy Beet posted:

Et voilą :

aLDL3xRMY6JuMXLX
ePGfdBCatV7Up4wF

You're the best, thanks! I used the first one.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Goddamn, can I just say how much I love this program? I have checked out so much new music these last couple of days thanks to it - it's great.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Goddamn, they just blocked my account because I've been using the program outside of the UK for more than 14 days. Any way to fix this, and if not, could someone hook me up with a new invite :) ?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

Just have someone log in once in an "allowed country" (or use a proxy).

This is what the site says under Subscription Status: "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access."

I know there's a way of accessing Spotify (the program, not the site) using a proxy, but I can't really figure out how - a little help?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Shadowborn posted:

Got a bunch of codes for you fine ladies and gents.

eLuSEG8FV2cdNXXH
cz3uP3R9UYmdZTUL
bfR2eu3qW9fRpfMw
e65pYhS95XdC6DLq

Now exercise some etiquette here and tell us all if you've used one, okay? :)

No one listened to you :( .

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Konec Hry posted:

rA3AXH58pDwwxYn
e2FWZ3sAFfBBgX8d
cTwAKJdCUFUc4ucC
dpuN27UUF477LYRr
b3tSq4EmHx57s3V3

Used this one: e2FWZ3sAFfBBgX8d

Also, seems the rest of them are taken.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Okay, same loving thing happened - Spotify has blocked me because my country does not match my user profile. How the hell do you guys keep this from happening?

Also, some more invites, please :) .

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

Or you could just read what I wrote earlier. You're in some useless country that doesn't normally get to use spotify so you have to get someone in sweden, norway, denmark, uk or the netherlands to log in your account to get you another 14 days.

Old page but this may still work: http://filesharefreak.com/2008/12/26/fixing-spotify-login-issues-once-and-for-all/

Yeah, I get that, but I'm just wondering why no one else here have complained about this problem and figured I was missing something.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

slowdave posted:

Does Spotify work normally for everyone? I've been having some troubles for over a week, and now it can't even connect to the server. I've tried it on two different connections and it just doesn't work.

Working just fine for me.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Anyone here from England that I could get to log in for me?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Bioalchemist posted:

you can pm me if you want.

I don't have PM, but send me an e-mail at kbh at lortemail dot dk and i'll give you the info!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

DonnieJeffcoat posted:

Probably a lot more trouble than it's worth, but I maanged to use a listing of Tor exit nodes to ensure that Tor would only use a UK address, then use the proxy setting in Spotify to reup for another two weeks. I really would like to just pay for it buuuuut

*edit*
If this is against the rules, lemme know and I'll edit

Please explain further.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Is there a way to prevent Spotify from renaming my local files? It adds "- Explicit Version" at the end of some of my song titles, even though they are correctly tagged in iTunes. Though, when I right-click the song in Spotify to change it, it shows the correct song title. I use last.fm, so it's kinda annoying if Spotify scrobbles a different song title even though it's the same song.

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 8, 2011

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
HOOOOLY poo poo. Did anyone of you know this? If you swipe a track on the iPhone app, you get the ability to queue it, add it to a playlist without playing the song first and go directly to the album or artist of the song. This rules.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
The mobile app now has gapless playback, awesome.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
God, after trying out Rdio I desperately miss a Collection feature in Spotify.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Want to laugh?

Search the soundtrack for 127 Hours and click the song "The Canyon"

The yellow rose of texas

I don't get it?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does it play a kids song when you play it because for some strange reason it does for me

Nope, not unless kids music took a turn for the epic since I was young 'un.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Is anyone else annoyed by how much louder the music from the Spotify app is compared to your own music (on iPhone, can't speak for the Android app)? Each time I have to remember to turn down the volume when I switch to Spotify if I don't want my eardrums to get blasted.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

webmeister posted:

Well yeah, but then you have to search for the album every time you want to listen to it. Might not be an issue for some, but if such a large percentage of their user playlists are just single albums, then there's clearly some missing functionality.

That's one thing I loved about Rdio when I tried it out - you can add albums to your Collection. Would love a similar feature on Spotify since I'm mainly listen to full albums.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

I just noticed that as well: Fanfarlo's Rooms Filled With Light album disappeared on me.

I also reported some serious artist fragmentation (Margot & the Nuclear So and So's are spread across four different names because of the "&" and "and" being arbitrary) and overlap (Typhoon is mixed between an indie-rock band, a hardcore Rap artist, a spanish metal (?) band, and a Dutch MC). Not a drat thing done. Just like the still missing features in the Android app (Landscape mode!!) I really don't think they give a poo poo at all as long as the money can be kept flowing. I've also been getting some seriously awful performance both on the Desktop and Android clients with dropouts and buffering on WiFi and LTE. I'm about to just give it up and go back to the bad old days of buying CDs and ripping them.

The iPhone app doesn't have landscape mode, so you're not missing out on that feature, at least.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
New iPhone app update out - nothing major, just better looking artist profiles and a bug fix for the radio.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

precision posted:

Am I missing something extremely obvious or with the new update/Unlimited is it literally impossible to just listen to a single album without making it a Playlist? I can't find any way to make it stop without going on to the band's next album, which I don't like for when I'm putting on music to go to sleep to.

Click on the name of the album on the artist profile.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
For what it's worth, Discover is really good at recommending new hardcore and pop-punk music :shobon:

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Yeeeesss, looks like a way to "collect" your favorite albums is finally coming to Spotify: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Please-restore-View-as-Album-List-feature/idi-p/368022

quote:

Hello everyone! Spotify here. After much deliberating, we don't have plans to add back the CMD+G feature at this time. We know the album artwork view in playlists was a nifty trick. However, we're working on some cool improvements in our upcoming Collection product which we think everyone here will like. We'll post here as soon as we have an update. Stay tuned

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Hoping they update the iOS app soon so it'll fit better in with the new design. Well, I guess the design is the least of the problems with the app, but you know...

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

numbs posted:

How do you organize your music? I've had Spotify for 3 years and I love it, however I can't seem to find an effecient way to manage and organize my music.

They've said a Collections feature similar to Rdio's is on its way for about a year now.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Tychtrip posted:

I love that Spotify are adding more stuff but the locally adding thing is a pain when using a mobile device. This is where Google Play shines.

I really hope Spotify is aware of this gap in their service and looking into something like that.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
I'm with illcendiary on this one - while the "Starred" playlist can in some way work as a library on desktop, it's not a library in the sense I want it (which is a collection of albums) and definitely not on mobile. Hopefully we'll see this soon enough, though - Spotify has recently asked for beta testers for a Library function, so fingers crossed. All my friends have Spotify and I like being able to share music with them, but man, Rdio has seemed mighty tempting sometimes.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I came across a spotify... anomaly?

https://play.spotify.com/album/5OP9ptLXSLPOWw1hsP8Umd

What the hell is this? I thought at first it might be a joke but just listen to this. I can't find anything on the interwebs about what it might be.

edit - I hope the link works. If not, look up an album entitled "fight" by "Love Is All", not to be confused with the actual band Love is All despite them being filed together by Spotify for some reason.

Hahahaha, what the gently caress is this...!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

me your dad posted:

I'll preface this by saying I am no fanboy loyalist to Spotify. I'd jump ship the moment something better came along. I did that with MOG when Spotify came out because Spotify seemed to offer more.

That said, I still don't see a major difference in your screenshot and what Spotify offers. In my Playlist ("Collection") I can sort by artists. How is that different than what you posted? The album covers? Are they really that important?

You can't sort by artist on mobile.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Yeah, ok, then that's an Android only feature.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
You can download the new design here: http://us.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/1u6i5q/spotify_098_new_black_design_for_mac_and_windows/

Not much (if anything?) has changed functionality wise, but it looks pretty cool. Remember to say no the upgrade when it prompts you, it's actually a downgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
It is so frustrating that I haven't received the OS X update yet...

EDIT: :tinfoil: sweet, got it five minutes after I posted this.

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 8, 2014

• Locked thread