Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Am I the only one really happy with the update? Finally I can collect albums I like in a way similar to iTunes. Previously I starred albums, but that was a mess especially on iOS and I have a separate playlist for songs I really enjoy at the moment (which seems to be how most of you used the Star function).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

DominoDancing posted:

Probably stupid question: was it always possible to show the exact number how often a certain track has been played by hovering over the popularity bar? I've been using Spotify for a year now, and I've only just noticed this. It's actually kinda neat if statistics like these interest you.

Cool, didn't know this - thanks!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Bands that start with "the" are now in the 't' section, if you sort by band name.

This is so loving annoying.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
You can't underestimate the fact that most of your friends probably have Spotify, too (at least in my case) - the social aspect of easily sharing songs is pretty important IMO.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Spikes32 posted:

Is there anyway to check how often I've skipped a song in my playlists? Preferably one that includes my phone usage?

Nope.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

me your dad posted:

Does anyone know if Spotify tracks played via Sonos are reflected in the Discover Weekly playlist(s)?

I don't see why they wouldn't be - it's all Spotify.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
For some reason, the iOS app decided to remove all my saved albums. I can still see them in the OS X app, however.

I've tried logging out and in again, no dice - anyone else experienced this?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

Is there any hope that they add a "Jesus Christ, no, nothing like this ever" button to Discover playlists? I feel like "skip" doesn't send the same message.

Quite a few people have requested it in the official Spotify forums, so hopefully!

• Locked thread