Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
Spotify Open is available without invites, but limited to 20 hours of music per month (which sucks if you're like me and listens to music continously while at work).

Invite time!
bPBma4Ssx3YhL76K
fe3MBJadUYHTXm79
cCkSKxYdeNEzarUF
aCP4zV4pJUSSV8fk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
Hey, look at that, native Linux client:
http://www.spotify.com/no/blog/archives/2010/07/12/linux/

Only a preview/beta, but works pretty good for me :)

(There's two packages to install. One of them, 'spotify-client-gnome-support', wouldn't install for me, but it still works. Ubuntu 10.04)

Edit:
Yay, invites:
eF5wDnbRngmChTey
bx9te6XxCwfhNr5U

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
Fresh of the press:

a3kBtSpcEPweXMPu
frBU5sRnUU3GaEc5
cGeP7wP6JzftMpfr
fuqA3mzdYMLgDXc8
cgBad599sshUWBuu
eNAeVDg8smMa9CV5
d3AfbdTeP98w9YXL
cxUgaDgJnGtysrHq
cA5ecdLNYMBDyK63
be8CWCkrZ9X4aLYm
dCKzNHsm9hFzwR4X
cUMPucsed7TsXxL5
eT6gw7m3382wzgJk
fABZFLL43S5wzA5u
cq2nGHCSEUD2tHS3
dC44xk2VXY37V8E9
aVPmmUE949NzKgb6
crfq8tfAPbFf4yyX
bazBWh7g8zFyueTJ
cESBWV4u33F5eFAt
c9pqdfayPGmVnBzh
dnnJLmmqEtXxcZS2
dSXyqw453VThZu2n

Edit:
I'm updating this list every now and then, unused at the top.
I can easily check which ones are taken :)

NOBEARD fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 2, 2011

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Zorkon posted:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of record company executives?

Seriously though, I'm sure it has to do with some stupid licensing deal or another.

Early Spotify had a shitton of music that are now unavailable in different regions. Happened back in 2009 acctually.

So yeah, Spotify pre 2009 didn't have regional differences. On the other hand, Spotify 2011 have way, way more music.

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
http://www.stholdings.co.uk/2011/11/16/removal-of-content-from-spotify-simfy-rdio-napster/

quote:

STHoldings can confirm that we have taken the decision to remove all STHoldings distributed content from the following music services, Spotify, Simfy, Rdio & Napster.

STHoldings got quite a few labels. And there's always the possibilites that more will follow suit :/

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

silversiren posted:

I just want to be able to listen to the music on my phone. Is it one of those things where you pay for x amount of months for it upfront or is it month to month? I'd like to be able to cancel it if I'm not digging it.

You can either pay up front for 12 months, or pay month to month. As far as I remember there's no price difference between those two.

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Charlie Mopps posted:

Spotify is a better use of :10bux: than pretty much anything i can think of.

drat Americans (and really, every other country, even those drat Swedes), getting Spotify cheaper than me :argh:

99 NOK/SEK/DKK, 9.99 EUR/GBP/USD. It's not the same value damnit!

Edit: Except Denmark, they pay more. Hah.

NOBEARD fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 24, 2011

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Winszton posted:

What's the difference behind Premium 'enchanced' bit rate and whatever I'm getting now on free?

Free is Ogg Vorbis q5, approx 160 kpbs.
Premium 'enhanced' is Ogg Vorbis q9, approx 320 kbps.

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

screenwritersblues posted:

Anyone else having issues with Spotify today? Apparently people all over the world are having log in problems. I tried doing the uninstall and reinstall trick like I do with iTunes, but that didn't work. I hope it's up later or even tomorrow.

Haven't had any problems, but then again I've been using mobile today, with synced playlists offline, so I wouldn't have noticed :v:

http://www.spotify.com/se/help/service-status/ -- for current status
http://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus -- status log

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

The Modern Leper posted:

I imagine that most here are already on it, but you can find a beta for the new apps version of Spotify if you go through the Swedish site.

http://www.spotify.com/se/download/previews/

Spotifapps posted:

To make Spotify Apps as personal and social as possible, we'll give providers of the apps you choose to visit access to your Spotify ID, and limited information about your Spotify use - such as currently playing song, play queue, library and playlists. This will help tailor the apps to your music tastes. App providers will only use this information for the purpose of providing you with their apps.

So Spotifapps will see my current song, play queue and playlists. Not to bad IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

VALIS666 posted:

Are you sure about that? It really doesn't sound half that good. In fact, as much as I love Spotify (and Rhapsody), I've gone back to my own mp3 files (of average bit rates, no FLAC here) because the sound I get from Spotify and Rhapsody is so disappointing in comparison.

Maybe the Spotify client is just a lovely music player, I don't know.

I'm can't be 100% sure, but it's what Spotify themselves say they're using http://www.spotify.com/no/help/faq/tech/#codec-quality

• Locked thread