Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Does listening to stuff on Discovery Weekly or Daily Mixes affect future content on these lists? At some point Spotify decided I liked 10 minute long shoegazey metal songs and I've been getting more and more of them every week.

I recall reading that listens in your Discover Weekly do not affect future ones. Can't say for Daily Mixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I wish you could upload your own music collection to Spotify like with Google Play Music.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

You can! Spotify has a wonderful local files feature, and it will even sync those files to a single mobile device at a time! If you're ever trying to listen from another desktop client, gently caress you you can't listen to that poo poo.

Also sometimes it will randomly confuse local versions of tracks with the same name with the Spotify version, so you'll be in the middle of an album and suddenly it will start playing the live version of some track that you have stored locally.

If Google Music didn't have such a terrible interface and didn't have stupid restrictions about downloading uploaded tracks more than 3 times without using their own stupid download tool (because somehow this uh... prevents further piracy of tracks that were probably pirated in the first place) I'd switch.

Seriously Spotify plz improve this functionality. Storage is cheap.

Oh my god thank you

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Pocket Billiards posted:

Anyone getting this "can't play current track" error on the Windows desktop app?

loving thing just comes up randomly all the time now. That premium Spotify account works perfectly on another Windows 10 PC, two phones and a Galaxy tablet. But this oval office of a program will just refuse to play music at random on this one PC. Have tried everything people on the internet claim is a solution -reinstalled everything, cleared any cache that it there to be cleared, turned off high quality audio, turned off hardware acceleration, Windows up to date, etc. Everything short of reinstalling audio drivers and disabling stuff deep down in the sound driver settings.

This install happened after upgrading the account to premium and was never used with a free account,. The audio is out via HDMI.

I was using this to play kids music for my son but it's to the point now that it's borderline unusable if I have to set him down and gently caress about restarting the program every 10 minutes if we want to keep listening.

I have had this problem as well but my Windows partition is so hosed that I didn't think about it maybe being just a Spotify problem.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

cebrail posted:

You don't need Wine for Spotify on linux, there's a native client (but it's not officially supported, it's a perpetual beta)

fwiw the client on Linux has been pretty good for the past few months for me. It used to have weird hiccups on playing certain arbitrary songs but they seem to have resolved that.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

appropriatemetaphor posted:

For Spotify Family, you can just all enter the same address even if you aren't actually all living at that address right?

I mean what's going to stop you

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Lester Shy posted:

I just signed up for premium for the first time. I plan on using it for offline listening while I'm driving. Is there any way I can send albums to my phone to download while I'm using Spotify on my PC? It'd be easier to quickly queue up a bunch of albums at the computer rather than searching for each one manually on my phone.

A way to do this would be to make a playlist where all the albums you want are saved at, then tell your phone to download the playlist. If you choose to have a playlist downloaded on one of your devices, it will download new additions automagically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

IMO RadioPublic is the best podcast app right now because it'll let you add outside casts easily enough and has good speed controls

• Locked thread