Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Spotify is the next generation of desktop music players that streams full albums to your computer. It has over 3.8 million different songs. What makes it so special?

Available for both mac and PC
It's completely legal
Over 4 million tracks
Listen to whole albums
Share playlists and searches with URLs that automatically open in Spotify

Not impressed? Check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2QatInht8

---

How do I get it? Spotify is now available in the US! Sign up for an invite here: http://www.spotify.com/us/sprite/
---

I really think Spotify has huge potential and it'd be awesome to directly link to playlists on SA that automatically play using Spotify.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

You can set up a SOCKS4/5 proxy and sign in through that but I haven't found any reliable ones. I'd be willing to chip in and actually buy a private one for goons only but I really don't know much about setting something like that up.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I completely forgot I created this thread. I went ahead and added a link to request invites.

I just signed up for my month of free premium service. Time to see if it's worth the $10 a month.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I think the biggest frustration I have with Spotify is you can't upload your own tracks that aren't in their catalog.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I doubt many people care but I actually noticed today that the company I work for does Spotify's US payroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

In regards to Spotify vs. Rdio, am I the only one who thinks the audio quality of Rdio is sub-par at best? There's definitely a difference between Spotify's audio quality and Rdio's quality.

• Locked thread