Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

A few guys I know who aren't interested in the label or musician end of it have just switched to Grooveshark. Most users I expect just want to find the songs they want. Spotify losing customers will be down to the shrinking catalogue mroe than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Medium Cool posted:

How does the library limit of Amazon Prime streaming compare to Spotify? I keep hitting the library size limit and it's driving me insane.

It's poo poo. It's great if you have bought Amazon music, on vinyl or CD. You find that there.

Otherwise they can't compete with, say Google Play Music and its ability to upload songs.

Spotify is the far better catalogue.

Amazon's.. alright, but not big, doesn't have too many exclusives you can't find elsewhere.

Spotify used to be poor on "Big" artists; now you can find Beatles, Zep, Gaga, whatever you want, I don't know your tastes.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

"with the limit to how many songs I can save to my library."

Google Play Music is I think 50 thousand songs. For free.

That is a solution sir. I have my own digital library there, and Spotify, even Youtube does the rest.

Amazon doesn't compcare IMO, it's getting to be a flooded marketplace.

That's FREE google music btw. For your own MP3s or FLACs or whathaveyou. (It's "songs" - I have 35-minute albums, in one file, that count as one "song", good for live stuff.)

I sometimes subscribe - their catalogue is underrated. Plus blends you own, when you do the auto-playlists. I actually think the playlists it generates are great. Better than Spotify's, your mileage may vary.

If were you I'd fill a google play music library and then see what ISN'T there, and judge your subscription service based on that :)

• Locked thread