Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Spotify is awesome, but too good. The ads are so un-intrusive I find no reason to upgrade to Premium at all. It seems to depend on the time I listen to music; right now at 00:40 I can expect 1 audio advert every 40 mins or so. Seeing as I have the window closed all the time I see none of the visual adverts at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

ShutteredIn posted:

The Android app really is a piece of poo poo. I'm amazed how long Spotify is taking to do anything with it.

It's strange considering it's a huge draw to pay the £10 or whatever a month to have Spotify on the go. Spotify on my phone sees every track I have ever added to my phone, whether I have deleted it since or not. If it randomly picks a track it thinks exists but really doesn't, it instantly crashes.

I don't remember the iPhone app being particularly good though. Quite a few times it would kick me out and require me to enter my username and password again.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Charlie Mopps posted:

I have a Nokia phone and have the same problem with Spotify not removing tracks that i've deleted from my phone. Only resetting the app seems to fix it, but you lose any offline playlists you had synced.

Ah you have just reminded me actually, the app has decided that I need to re-sync all my offline playlists again, for no discernible reason. Yay!

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

sweek0 posted:

I'm constantly having the same issue here. I download a playlist to my Samsung GS3 which is running the latest version, it downloads all the songs and plays fine for a while. Then next time I'm somewhere without any reception it'll all have disappeared. When I'm back online and press the download button again it completes it all immediately. It clearly still has the songs, but they become marked as not downloaded somehow? This keeps happening to the same couple of playlists - my newest playlists. It looks like I'm not the only one with this issue but does anyone know anything else about it?

I listen to a lot of music while I'm in places without reception (abroad or on the subway) and it's become infuriating to be somewhere not have any of the music I just downloaded.

I am having the same issue. Wanted to listen to the new The xx album on the way home, and it wasn't there. Got home and connected to WiFi and it popped up. I had signal walking home so I don't know what its problem was, but I think its the phone (GS2) - I can not stream songs through Spotify no matter how strong the signal because everytime without fail it will cut out with a couple of minutes left. If I unlock the screen, wait for the signal indicator to pop up, it will stream the rest of the track but I am not doing that every 4 or 5 minutes.

And nthing the ridiculous playlists. Only being able to add albums as a self contained playlist, rather than adding it to an existing playlist is stupid.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

With all these song suggestion options I'm barely listening to the music I already know. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the time I'm listening to something I hadn't heard before. Even in the days of P2P music downloading I could have never imagined having access to this much music. I've pretty much stopped listening to podcasts, it was getting in the way of my music way too much :v:

This is me now, last couple of months I have just been listening to the Discover Weekly playlist on shuffle each week and then dipping into full albums of artists I have really liked. Barely touched my actual saved library. Only this week was Discover a bit iffy but still had some good stuff.

Really liking the new daily mixes.

• Locked thread