Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Looks neat.

But, am I missing something or is there no "generate me a playlist of songs based on this one" function?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

LoudLoudNoise posted:

What does Spotify have over Rdio?
Easier sharing of songs/playlists?
Slightly larger library?
Inclusion of local files?

I'm kind of lke you, mostly baffled at the amount of praise Spotify gets. Maybe a couple of years ago I could see it, but now I just don't get it. I feel like I'm missing something key, but it's not revealing itself.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Quandary posted:

I'm confused as to how to use these invites. All I see on spotify is a way to request an invite.

https://www.spotify.com/us/invitation/

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

stubblyhead posted:

Hmm, that may work... Link?

http://www.rdio.com/#/management/subscriptions/

but he got the percentages flipped. It's $10 for one, $18 for two, $23 for three.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I only played with it for about 15 minutes (of mostly clicking Skip) and so far it doesn't really look like the song matters much, if at all. Using the Rolling Stones as an example, you'd think "Wild Horses", "Happy", "Emotional Rescue", and "The Harlem Shuffle" would produce significantly different playlists, but they really don't.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Been a while, so I thought I'd check: is there any way to delete radio stations yet?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Kind of surprised no one mentioned that student Spotify accounts now include a base Hulu sub for no extra cost.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I don’t think they ever announced one. Some guy was working on his own app (Spotty, which changed names to Snowy apparently after Spotify Legal had a chat with him), and then announced he was “partnering” with Spotify, and that was the last I heard of anything.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Echo products do multi room audio well, BUT (<-- big but) they don't support bluetooth speakers with multi room audio.

That is, if you have BT speakers connected to, say, your Dots and start up multi room audio, it'll drop the BT connection and play through the Dot itself. If the speaker is connected with the 3.5mm audio plug, it'll work fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Well, Amazon Echo products support Spotify (and obviously Amazon Music) but not Google Play Music.
Google Home products support Spotify and obviously Google Play music, but not Amazon Music.
Sonos speakers seem to support just about every music service there is. and the Sonos One model has Alexa built in.

In the US. Not sure if there are Canada restrictions.

• Locked thread