Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

:yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Oh yeah I meant to follow that up with a post. I got my Spirit of Halloween pack yesterday. It's very light, a bit small, kinda flimsy, but for $70, it's pretty nice. There will likely never be a time I will wear this when I am sober, so I'm glad it's not a huge investment. Definitely some modding potential there too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
When I get to the US on Wednesday I’m gonna run round a couple of the Spirit/Spencer stores and see if I can get lucky. My inner 8 year old demands it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The no UK shipping upsets my inner 8 year old.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don’t like the new Egon.

(Photo actually taken at a pizza place, Dan took Bill there. They’re talking! And hanging out!)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, Ernie Hudson is going to play J Jonah Jameson in the next MCU Spider-Man film.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, Ernie Hudson is going to play J Jonah Jameson in the next MCU Spider-Man film.

Sold!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yeah!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

I look forward to his take on the character.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wait did you make that up?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
He should be Spiderman instead

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He announced it on his Facebook page.

It’s interesting no-one’s picked it up as news.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*single tear rolls down cheek now that ernie won't have to spend his weekends in a ghostbusters uniform sitting alone at conventions*

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

He said right in the post that it's fancasting.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

He announced it on his Facebook page.

It’s interesting no-one’s picked it up as news.

... that's not an announcement, it's a link to a blog post that casts Spider-Man characters with minority actors.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timby posted:

... that's not an announcement, it's a link to a blog post that casts Spider-Man characters with minority actors.

Wow I am bad at reading. I read it as a podcast where he announced his casting. Never mind everybody, carry on.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

HA... hahahahaha! *clap*

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Well, it was a fun twelveish hours. :shobon:

If he can't be JJJ, then let him piss on JJJ's metaphorical parade as deadpan senior editor Robbie Roberts.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Make him uncle ben in a alternate reality where peter parker dies and ben becomes spiderman instead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Silverpoint?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That'll teach me to get excited about Ernie Hudson's career.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Raimi casting was too on point that there's no real living up to it, and it's not like newspapers are hiring these days anyway.

...Homecoming basically had Tony Stark be JJJ.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

now crying for real that ernie is stuck sadly sitting at conventions in his ghostbusters jumpsuit for eternity.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

now crying for real that ernie is stuck sadly sitting at conventions in his ghostbusters jumpsuit for eternity.

If there's a steady paycheck involved...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Here's a thing I noticed way back when I was a kid (probably 6-7), and was reminded of it today in conversation. The ending theme (as well as the music throughout the credits) have a slapback delay/echo, and I have no idea why, nor do I have any idea why they haven't fixed it in all the years that the film has existed and has been remastered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDNprwEzB-k

I believe there are a few other spots where the scene audio is doubled, but this is the most noticeable.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Here's a thing I noticed way back when I was a kid (probably 6-7), and was reminded of it today in conversation. The ending theme (as well as the music throughout the credits) have a slapback delay/echo, and I have no idea why, nor do I have any idea why they haven't fixed it in all the years that the film has existed and has been remastered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDNprwEzB-k

I believe there are a few other spots where the scene audio is doubled, but this is the most noticeable.

When I was a kid I always assumed it was our home-taped VHS copy, well, sucking.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

When I was a kid I always assumed it was our home-taped VHS copy, well, sucking.

That is exactly what I told the person I was talking to, ha, nice.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Groovelord Neato posted:

I’ve never seen him in person but would assume everyone loving loves him at conventions especially if they get an Ecto One in. I think there’s one next weekend in Manchester UK that has Ernie, Ecto One and the lady who played the student Venkman has the hots for all in one place. I think even a casual fan of the series would be stoked about that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

the lady who played the student Venkman has the hots for all in one place.

She’s a legitimate phenomenon!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, because I have some sort of mild obsession with what are commonly referred to as "character actors", I started looking up the minor cast from the film, and totally forgot that the "Louis, I'm going home" girl was Casey Kasem's wife. I feel like I used to know that.

Also, has Reginald VelJohnson ever NOT played a cop, aside from the last couple seasons of Family Matters?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Did anyone manage to snag one of the Spirit of Halloween proton packs? I tried while I was in the US last week, but had no luck. Apparently people are just coming in at opening and snagging all the stock. :argh:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I’ve never seen him in person but would assume everyone loving loves him at conventions especially if they get an Ecto One in. I think there’s one next weekend in Manchester UK that has Ernie, Ecto One and the lady who played the student Venkman has the hots for all in one place. I think even a casual fan of the series would be stoked about that.

I have trouble even remembering what the student looks like but... I'm sure someone is excited. Somebody.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, because I have some sort of mild obsession with what are commonly referred to as "character actors", I started looking up the minor cast from the film, and totally forgot that the "Louis, I'm going home" girl was Casey Kasem's wife. I feel like I used to know that.

Also, has Reginald VelJohnson ever NOT played a cop, aside from the last couple seasons of Family Matters?

He was a judge on It's Always Sunny a few seasons ago.

The_Doctor posted:

Did anyone manage to snag one of the Spirit of Halloween proton packs? I tried while I was in the US last week, but had no luck. Apparently people are just coming in at opening and snagging all the stock. :argh:

I pre-ordered one and it arrived the day of release. It's nice, small, lightweight, and if I spill beer it it'll clean easily. It also looks easy to mod, for people who don't have the motor skills of a Chihuahua on Red bull.

I was walking around Salem, MA this weekend in full get up and I gotta say, the kids still love the Ghostbusters. Adults loving yelling quotes at you, but kids jump up and down and start pointing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wanted to preorder one, but the site vehemently wouldn't take non-US cards (I have a US address I can mail to).

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I wanted to preorder one, but the site vehemently wouldn't take non-US cards (I have a US address I can mail to).

That stinks and I mourn your loss.jpg. I used Paypal, is that a viable option at all or are they no longer selling it online?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

text me a vag pic posted:

That stinks and I mourn your loss.jpg. I used Paypal, is that a viable option at all or are they no longer selling it online?

Sold out, unfortunately. When the manager checked the Spirit website stock, it showed up as -600-odd, which meant 600-odd were on backorder.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Sold out, unfortunately. When the manager checked the Spirit website stock, it showed up as -600-odd, which meant 600-odd were on backorder.

When I get home, I'm going to kiss my pack extra hard and think of you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well done cosplay. :golfclap:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This guy.

• Locked thread