Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Haggins posted:

Yesterday I went to a prison to visit someone, got there, then was told that I had to wait a half hour before I could get in. So as a photographer in a scary looking place, I did what came natural to kill the time. I took some shots then came back to wait for entry. As I was waiting, the Dept. Of Corrections Officer told me to delete the photos I took. In such a situation I'd normally tell the guy to gently caress off, however, this situation was different and I complied.

So my question is, what software can I use to reclaim these photos? I use a mac but I could go into windows if I really have to.

Did you take more pictures on that card later on? If you did, chances are you may have overwritten some of them. If not, a recovery program should be able to get them all back for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
You definitely cannot do a panorama while holding down the shutter and panning. You'll get motion blur unless you're shooting at absurdly high shutter speeds. You have to shoot, recompose, shoot, recompose. Panning horizontal for a regular pano you can do 1 per second easily, but you'll really have to move if you want faster.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Cyberbob posted:

This guy takes 8fps on a D3, combines them in Photoshop and makes them look pretty drat good.

http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2009/10/chase-jarvis-tech-strobed-photo.html

How possible would it be just to use a long shutter and strobe the flashes yourself, on the off chance that ya can't get hold of a D3.

It does mean less control over the outcome, so it might need a few reshoots.. and can only be done in near darkness.. but it'd work, no?

Hell, you don't even need strobes if you just want to do a quick and dirty one.