Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I would shoot people from the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tamron 17-50 F2.8.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Don't you have insurance?

ENJOY LIFE, TAKE SHOTS, gently caress HESITATION.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is there a way to make LR export 2 different res files for each pic?
This would be very useful for me :)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why can't cameras combine say 4 pixels and create an image 1/4 of the size but with better low light capability? Or doesn't it work like that. Like if you had 4 times the area on your sensor wouldn't it be way more sensitive?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I thought I was smart and had invented a thing. Welp.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Definitely seems like some kind of trap :stare:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How do you adjust the zoom on a flash?
(I used a 430ii)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

PushingKingston posted:

Press the button labeled zoom until the lcd screen blinks, then push the left-right buttons towards your desired zoom (found in the upper right corner).

WOAH :monocle:

But when it's on the hot shoe and TTL does it do that automatically?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

spog posted:

Personally, if I were in that situation and my body (or 'both my bodies') broke, I'd just walk to the nearest camera shop and buy a new one, or a good second hand one.

It's not a big cost compared to the rest of the trip or the problems that being unable to shoot would cost and it's obvious that I would need to make this investment.

worst case, get home and sell it for a small loss.

This is what I would do and what a really great phtographer I know did when his main body broke on a job he was doing in Germany with me.
Everyone's backup camera seems to be less good than their main, and his was too, and it stressed him out so he went and grabbed another top tier one.
So if it's not a wedding or whatever, there's really not much need for a spare body.

IMHO.

Sorry that reads so badly, I can't write good :saddowns:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My rig is coming along.
I have decided to use Visual Departures "SM-6s".
Does anyone know a good source for them? There's only one place in the UK I can find and they are insane money.

E: Also can anyone identify the clamp thing here on the left:

I don't recognize the logo. (The silver ball adjustable tall bit not the manfrotto clamps)

E2! Avenger! Ah-ha! Anyone know the specifics? F830?

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 3, 2012

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Drum? Like the instrument?
I dunno if they'd be rated to mega weights like these are though?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ugh I don't suppose anyone can help me?

:qq:

Does anyone have an old 055XPROB kicking around that's knackered that I could cannibalize? Or alternatively work for Manfrotto? I took it apart as the leg had gone floppy and when I dropped the bottom off this happened.

Gutted.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's aluminium and soft as shite. Wouldn't really be happy with fixing it.
Just discovered manfrotto sell spares so fixed the other issues I had as well.
£50 lighter but at least my tripod will be back to basically new.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can anyone ID this camera for me?

Thanks.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cheers! I think it's a A850.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

While we're on the subject, how do you work out what ND you need? If I want to shoot 3 sec exposures at roughly F10, what ND would I require? I can't use the adjustable ones as it's going on a superwide.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fragrag posted:

Depends, if you're shooting in daylight and at ISO100, then your settings should be f/11 at 1/200 according to Sunny 16 rules. Getting the speed down to 3s is roughly a 7,5 stops difference if my cold isn't impeding my calculations.

Sweet. I might buy a 10 stop job and then just bump the ISO.
Cheers man.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tokina 11-16 F2.8.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Santa is strapped posted:

Bigger is better biotches

What's going on here?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

Paint emulsion on sheet, hand in hangar, turn it into a camera obscura, profit.

That's cool as heck.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Daft question really, but has anyone seen anyone do anything interesting with panning? I'm so bored of the same thing over and over again but I can't think of anything. I've reached pretty much the limit of slow speed which was pretty fun but now want something fresh.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What’s my best bet for basic post while travelling?
I have an a7iii and an iPad. How do I get from camera to iPad? Can iPad deal with raws at all?
I assume Lightroom for iPad is about as good as I can do? Tbh if I can crop and tweak exposure/contrast I’ll probably be happy enough.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I have to get an adaptor then to plug in?
I thought I might be able to Wi-fi or Bluetooth over pics or something. Apologies for silly question it’s the first time I’ve had a camera with so many connections and stuff :)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thank you very much. I guess I’ll have to grab an adaptor. Slightly annoying but Nevermind :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Xabi posted:

What's the go to place for creating photo books these days?

Blurb