Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
The Zack Arias white seamless tutorial has been a great resource for setting up my home studio. I am sure it could be of use to many others as well.
http://www.zarias.com/?p=71

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Butt Reactor posted:

What's some good settings for trying to shoot meteor showers? Last year I left my D70 take 30 sec exposures, and while I got nice starry skies, I didn't get a drat meteor streak (and if I did, it sure didn't show up or looked more like noise to me). Speaking of ISO, what works best? I was bouncing between 400 and 800 last year.

You need a longer shutter speed. The ISO setting will only affect the f-stop and digital noise. Either of which wont attain the star streak you are looking for. I recommend anywhere from 1-3min and see if you attain the level of exposure you want then adjust your aperture setting for the amount of ambient light you want.

I would use a lower ISO (100-200) to obtain a cleaner shot with less noise. Times longer than 30sec create additional noise on the image. Definitely practice under a starry sky first and you will need some sort of remote trigger because hand holding the Bulb even on a tripod will cause blur.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

How long ago did we stop doing the weekly photo competition thread? Was there just not much participation anymore?