Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teamgod
Jun 4, 2007
In Sorte Diaboli

CanuckBassist posted:

When I first started using Lightroom, I tried using the 5 star rating system just to rate photos, but I got tired of trying to figure out if photos were a 3 or a 4. I then started this system:

Flag: Shots I like and want to process.
Reject: Out of focus, people walking into the frame.

After processing, 5-star favourites.

A similar but (to me, anyway) much easier way is to create a collection for your keeper shots. For example this past weekend I shot my boss' wedding. I had just over 1000 pictures imported into LR, all in one big gallery. What I do then is make a collection folder called "Carle's Wedding Keepers" or something similar (Go to your Library tab and look at the bottom of your list on the left). Once the collection folder is created, right click it and select "Mark as target destination". I think a "+" appears next to the folder name to indicate that.

Now, as I go through my huge gallery, all I have to do is press "B" to add it or remove it from the keeper folder. Once I've gone through the entire gallery I'll have that keeper folder there with the pics I selected. And don't worry, LR doesn't remove the pics from your main gallery, it just tells the keeper folder where to point to. Any edits made while in your keeper folder are also made in your main gallery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU