Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I just did my first shoot for a second job I just took up. It's indoor and external real estate photography (and virtual tours.) I want to impress the real estate agent, and I think HDR would be good to get the views out the windows visible. When I took the photos today I bracketed like a motherfucker.

I haven't paid any attention to photo gear or software for about three years. What's a good HDR merging program? I'd like something that's just an HDR program and not a photo processing suite. I broke my good computer so I'm on something a little slow and underpowered. Of course I'd like a program that's free but I'd be fine buying something later.

I just need to do an HDR merge on a lot of pictures tonight. I can figure out the perfect solution later, but right now I just need to get these done. Any help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

No. 9 posted:

Photomatix Pro 3. Be really really light on the HDR if you're gonna do it, though.

I downloaded it and I'm going to try it. Don't worry, I share your disgust with overly-done, tacky HDR. This is the only photography I've ever needed it for, since it's so high-contrast. Thanks!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

evensevenone posted:

you can also open up each of the images as layers in photoshop, use your inside-metered image as the background layer, then mask off the outside-metered image so that it is only visible on the windows. since the windows are probably a fairly simple shape that may work better, photomatix will probably leave some halos.

Any method that's marginally labor-intensive will make this job much less worth it. I've got to figure out a way to do these photo batches quickly or my pay (if you count it hourly, I mean) plummets. I haven't had good results with Photomatix yet, but I haven't had much time to learn it.

I don't NEED to make them HDR but I want them to look noticeably more impressive than the last person they had doing them. I took her last photographer's rate for this first shoot but I want her to be wowed so I can ask for more money for my regular rate. I told her I'd wait to quote my rate once I did one shoot and got a feel for what kind of work it is and how long it would take.