Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FidgetWidget
Aug 13, 2005
A Storm's a Brewin'!

caberham posted:

nowadays for longer trips I just grab my laptop and a 320 gb usb external drive for redundant copies. Storage is getting cheap and I regret buying a sandisk extreme IV when I could have bought a extreme III for double the capacity.

Speaking of this, what's an easy Windows solution to sync up folders across external HDDs? Is there any way to get Lightroom 2 to do this? I would love to have an automatic redundant copy made every time I make changes to my photo folders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FidgetWidget
Aug 13, 2005
A Storm's a Brewin'!
I've also asked this in the Photo Business thread, but I might as well ask here just in case someone has a different opinion. Does anyone have any experience with independently published photo books? Did you meet with any success?

There's a variety of new book makers offering all sorts of services not only to photographers, but independent authors in general. ( Blurb, Lulu, CreateSpace, etc ) I'd like to know the general opinion of the above as well as any possible alternatives.